make 2 cell in once

in cell a1 john in cell b1 smith, i want to have in cell c1 both names
how do i make it

In C1 type
=A1 & " " & B1
or
=B1 & ", " & A1
depending on what you want your names to look like
however, this is now a formula, if you delete column A or B you will have a
problem so you then need to select column C copy it, choose edit / paste
special - select values and click OK

Regards
JulieD

"yoem >" <<yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> in cell a1 john in cell b1 smith, i want to have in cell c1 both names
> how do i make it?
>

> ---

JulieD1 (2295)

Make Default

Sharepoint 2.0 Access Request error
Out of the blue about 3 weeks ago my Sharepoint server on SBS 2003 started throwing an Error page: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource. Access requests are not enabled. I have searched for a solution and have tried the steps in KB 823278, as I cannot access any pages with any user ID. The page http://server/_layouts/1033/user.aspx, returns a page not found error. I am totally stumped and have absolutely no idea where to go at this point. Can any point me in the right direction? Thanks, Greg ------=_NextPart_0001_9F5...

Weird CString Problem #2
Hi List, does anyone knows why this LPCTSTR Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send("Test",sizeof("Test")+1); can cause an exception like this: Unhandled exception at 0x0040597e in FCS.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002e4. Same exception when trying this: CString Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send((LPCSTR)Message,Message.GetLength()); It seems every time I try to use CString in Parameters this causes an exception. Even when it goes like void MyFun...

RUS problems #2
I'm receving this error on Exchange 2003 clustered environment(error listed below). I've notice that the error doesn't appear on one of the two active servers. I have gone through several KB articles (KB 290419, 813877, and 839912, 254030) none of which have worked. Any suggestions are needed. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 7/7/2005 Time: 8:24:16 AM User: N/A Computer: Active server Description: LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: CN=Recipient Update Service (CO...

making a transfer show up in the budget

leave a cell blank
My spreadsheet serves 2 purposes. Printed and manually filled out plus data entry. The cells with formulas show a 0 (zero) if the referenced cells are empty. The problem is the user has the option to ignore the formula and hard code a figure. If a formula = 0, is there a way to hide that zero so when I print the form it's blank for the user? thanks! You could turn off viewing zeros at Tools>Options>View. Or you could trap for the 0 and leave cell looking blank. =IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1) If you are interested in keeping the user from over-writing a formula, see hel...

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003
We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a message saying " You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy settings." Microsoft's solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 This works if we add the reg keys to current user but we are looking for a solution that would apply to all users. When we add the keys to the default user it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a >mes...

Animated signature #2
I've seen emails come to me from others that use MS Outlook that have their names at the bottom of the email. I know how to do that, but how do I animate it like theirs to where it moves across the screen when you open the email? Tonya <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've seen emails come to me from others that use MS > Outlook that have their names at the bottom of the > email. I know how to do that, but how do I animate it > like theirs to where it moves across the screen when you > open the email? Why would you want to ? How does the gli...

making tickets

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

trim #2
I am struggling with Trim. Please can somebody advise me step by step what I should do to remove an unwanted space from text entries. I have a column which is approx 2000 rows long, and quite a few of the cells have a space before the text (ie on the left hand side of the text). I am fairly sure the work sheet contains imported data , as it is an address data base with quite a few columns, and all the columns suffer from this problem (they are also out of sequence across the columns in some cases but I can fix those individually). I dont know which software the data was was exported...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

formula in cells
I'm going to try and explain this a little better and give you the actual cells that I am trying to calculate: I have net pay in cell B8, withdraws in cell C8 and the Balance in D8. I would like row D to add B, subtract C and display the balance. So when I put in the next paycheck on B9, D9 will reflect the amount from D8, add to it B9, subtract C9 if a value is there and display the balance in D9. I would like the cells in Column D for the last value entered to be blank until data is entered into them and not display the last balance the whole way down the spread sheet. Does this...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

E-mail Alerts #2
I want to configure e-mail alerts for all users in my domain using outlook. Is there any way i can do this from one location ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

w3svc1 log files #2
These log files are taking about almost 20gig of space, it appears to be just account acces logs, are these safe to remove or move? Thank in advnace yes, that should be safe... "msadmin18" <msadmin18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B99500B-2391-4F07-B783-8E148A7EFC3C@microsoft.com... > These log files are taking about almost 20gig of space, it appears to be just > account acces logs, are these safe to remove or move? Thank in advnace On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:34:36 -0700, "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote: >yes, that sho...

Text editing in a cell
How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help Hi Barbara ALT+ENTER will do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barbara wrote: > How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line > of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help ...