maintaining links between files when converting from 2003 to 2007

Is there a way to maintain links between files when converting the file type
from 2003 to 2007?  It is impossible to have all workbooks open at the same
time and do "save as".

Correct Links via Crystal
Ive gone thru this 100 times and im struggling - it seems easy enough but this is what i have: (i think ive asked this before not sure) want to create a report showing Customer and Inventory - then all forecast figures and all actual figures (not concerned about specific dates yet) No issues linking thru RM to SCO tables to retrieve forecast info Probs start when trying to link in sop30200 (custno) and sop30300 (item and qty) Im using inner joins for these ie field = field , but they seem to play havoc with the forecats figures. Ill be working on this until resolved Thanks muchly Theo :)...

Outlook 2003 #236
Does anyone know how to move databases from Palm (T-3) to Outlook 2003? I want to get to where I can interface my T- 3 with Outlook, but I don't know how to move the data from Palm to Outlook. ...

How do I maintain formatting?
I'm using Word 2K and when I save as a .txt file all formatting is lost. I use a Text to HTML converter prior to uploading to a website. How do I go about preserving the formatting so that the web doc looks like the one I created in Word? Best regards, -- VHH III Txt is plain text and that does not support formatting. Html does support formatting, but its requirements are entirely different from those of a Word document and so there is little correlation between the two. You can view what the Word document will look like in html by using the Web view. -- <>&...

User can't reset password if account is expired via OWA 2003
We would like to force users to change their expired passwords via OWA 2003. However, the user with an expired account receives the message "http 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You are not authorized to view this page." We have two Exchange 2003 SP1 front end servers on W2K3 SP1 which are NLB clustered and three Exchange 2003 SP1 back end servers on W2K3 which are Windows 2K3 clustered. The virtual directory, IISADMPWD, is on both front end servers. We followed article KB 297121- Using the Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access and then KB 833734 - FIX: You exp...

Problems linking Excel ranges to Powerpoint
I have a set of charts linked to Excel. Some are specific charts from Excel and they link with no problems. I have some charts that point to a specific Excel range. These are not linking. Powerpoint is not seeing the file. I have the Excel file open to help expedite the linking process. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. hi, Russ ! > I have a set of charts linked to Excel. > Some are specific charts from Excel and they link with no problems. > I have some charts that point to a specific Excel range. These are not linking. > Powerpoint is not seeing the file. I have...

Help. Linking issue
I copied a worksheet that had links to other worksheets into a new workbook. Even though I have re-directed all of the links to the new workbook, I still get the message "This workbook contains links to other data sources" when I open it. How do I find out what links may still be haunting me, if they are still there? Bill Manville's FindLink.zip addin is useful for dealing with links. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp#BillManville HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to...

Old Links; Removal of
Anyone have code and/or a .xla which will remove inherited-outdated links from a w/s which no longer needs the link. I am surprised that MS does not offer a delete link button in the Edit>Links "boxes." Thanks in advance It does - 2002 onwards. Prior to that, go pick up a copy of Bill Manvilles FINDLINK function which is freely downloadable from the following site:- http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 --------------------------------------...

Merging accts from different .mny files
Is there any way to merge accounts from two different .mny files? I've tried to search the help but don't find anything about this. Use QIF export and import. Make sure that account names aren't duplicated. Also if more than one account to be brought across, then import all QIF files together - use CTRL + click when asked which file to import. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes e...

Linking Files
I am using Excel 2003 and would like to do the following: I have one file that I’d like to use as a list that all other files within this project would refer to; this file is simply a list of billing reasons. Within the multiple (~30) other files I would like to be able to use a drop down list (in column N) that’s using the data in the “billing reasons” file. I was informed that this may not work because the “billing reasons” file has to be open whenever one of the other ~30 files is accessed. Since these are files being used over a network, it isn’t feasible to make sure the “billing reaso...

Link to external workbook
I want to change a formula linking to a cell in a workbook on another server so that the server name is used rather than the drive mapping. I have tried the following but I keep getting 'File Not Found': '\\Server Name:\Drive Name\...... (instead of 'G:\..... Please advise. -- R Ormerod \\Server Name:\Drive Name\ Doesn't look like a valid format... I think I'd use windows start button|run type in \\servername and point and click down the paths to find the correct workbook. If you turn "View|toolbars|address bar", then you may be able to see the path...

Migrating users from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007
I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running. I also have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different domain/forrest. I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see one another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007 server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott You've asked what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question so complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from us that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue deserv...

.xnk file: how to recover?
An old employee somehow left us an "archive" of important documents by sending us an email called filename.xnk. I assume this is an Exchange link file but do not know what to do with it or how to handle it. Is there an optimal method to try and unpack/recover its contents? Wanted to check before toying with it ;^) Todd XNK is an Exchange Link file. Basically this a link file which will point you to a folder that is on the Exchange server. Run the following command to open it, exchng32 /t abc.xnk (Before you do anything, it is always a good idea to make a copy of this file ...

OFFICE 2007 installation with NO DISC
how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key of the version i boght have lost the disc How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Tim wrote: > how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key > of the version i boght have lost the disc "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E77A079B-06B5-44FF-BF1E-504BA831B8C5@microsoft.com... > how can / where can ...

Maintaining Links
All, I have a db that is linked to a table of another db. They are kept in one folder. Whenver I move the folder to another comp or change the location I need to re-link. How do I maintain the link so that I don't have to relink every time I move the folder? Thanks in advance. What you are asking is "How can I be in 2 places at the same time?" Do I really need to answer that? On the other hand, you can have the front-end app automatically ask for the new location. Have a look at the following: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://...

opening files in xcel...
I have run into a problem with excel opening a new file if excel is already open. If I have excel workbook open, and try to open an *.xls attachment from email, it responds like is trying to open, but all I see is the original workbook. Thanks, Russell When we used Netscape Messenger, it sometimes got confused when I tried to open an attachment the second time. I think it was because it didn't want to overwrite the filename in the windows Temp folder. If I closed netscape and restarted it, it usually worked. But real workaround was to just make sure I emptied my windows Temp fold...

file extensions .msg
I have received several messageswith attachments with a files extension of .msg and can not open them. How do you open these attachments. I understand that if you save them you can change the extension and open them in another program, but i have not been able to do this. Outlook can open them - if you're using Outlook Express, you won't be able to see them. Ask the sender to put the message in the body of the message, not send it as an attachment. Bob wrote: > I have received several messageswith attachments with a > files extension of .msg and can not open them. How d...

Does the Access Link add-in work in Excel 2007
I'm looking to use Access to create some data entry forms for Excel. Does the Access Link add-in provided with 2002 work with 2007? Thanks ...

printing 1200dpi files
Hello, I am using the trial version of Publisher 2007. I like it a lot. But a problem has surfaced. When I tried to print or print-preview pages that have 1200 dpi bitmaps on them, the images with either not display, not print or both. If I reload those same images as 600dpi files, the problem goes away. Everything was working fine for a while. But once I launched the file from My Documents rather than opening Publisher and then opening the file. Ever since then I've had this problem. Sometimes the 1200 dpis will print, sometimes not. I can have a 60 page file with lot...

File Path on a report
I want to put the path details of the Access file from which a report was run into the footer of a report. Is this possible and if so how? You can just write those in the footer and it should print on each page of the report. Use the Label command to write it in. "John.bb" wrote: > I want to put the path details of the Access file from which a report was run > into the footer of a report. Is this possible and if so how? If your database is not split then just add a control to your report and set its control source to =CurrentDb().Name If you database is split into a f...

setting a dedicated place to open an "xls" file
Gentlemen, I do work at the office evey day on spread sheets and save to a disk, which I bring home. Is there any way that I can "lock in" a dedicated point to retrieve my files once I have saved them to "c:\documents & Settings\my documents. When I click "Open and go to "A" drive to get the file from the disk that I took home, my computer "remembers" that this was the last place I opened a file from. And when I am in Excel and want to open a file, the computer looks in "a". Thanks Raymond Tools / Options / General Tab - Default File loc...

Linking Chart items to files
Anyone got a clue on how to link each stacked bar(or similar) to a different file, so when someone views the file, he can click on the bar, to get a relevant document on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever). Any suggestions? You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked. Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document should be launched according to the point which was clicked. Here's an article on chart events: http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical...

ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance
I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView. When i loop to open these files, a new instance is created for each file i open. Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only? Or a registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of this program? My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it can handle many files at once. Thanks! check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to reuse an existing instance. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net ...

exchange 2003 does not create mailbox for existing active directory users
Hello, Our Lab contains exchage server 2003 (sp2) on secondry dc windows 2003 std server(sp1). this computer hard disk crahsed(as i dont have backup of exchange or raid disk). i have replaced the hard disk and installed windows 2003 (as secondry dc) + exchange 2003 on this server but when i look into exchage mmc i am not able to find any mailbox of existing user. my question is how to create mailbox for this existing user? is there any MS utility available for this? or there is a option in exchange 2003 itself? please help as fast as you can. i have try to serach internet but unable to fin...

Maintaining Format
We have a 400 page tech manual with tons of formatting: figures, tables with auto numbering, chapters and paragraph numbering. There are 4 folks on the team re-writing the document and when we combine the doc, all the formatting gets jumbled. Is there a way to create a formatting template perhaps and pass that to all the writers? You should set up a template with the appropriate paragraph styles and have all editors use the template. More to the point, if all editors make use of the same (set of) styles and apply them consistently, the formatting will straighten itself out as t...