MailMerge loosing format from XL/Xp DS

I am trying to run a mail merge using an excel Data Source. The data in the
amount column is typed in, and is formatted as currency. when the mail merge
is performed my data is changed from $300.26 to 300.259999999 on the letter.
I have tried to format the data column with anything that accepts a decimal;
and receive the same results.

Can you help?

I am running everything on the xp office disk, and service pack 2

0
paramunch (2)

After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a
'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that list, choose 'MS Excel
Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your formatting will be retained.

If you connect through a different source, you can format the fields in
the Word document. For example, to specify a number of decimals:

1. In Word, in the Main Document, press Alt+F9 to view the field codes.
2. Find the field code for the number. It will look something like:
        { MERGEFIELD FieldName }
3. Add a switch, to format the number with two decimal places.
       For example:
        { MERGEFIELD FieldName  \# "#,##0.00" }
4. Press Alt+F9 to hide the field codes.
5. Save the Main Document

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Formatting Pivot Table- when doble clicking to show Detail
He there, Can I modified the format of the detail that I get once I doble click my pivot Table? Or Is there a way that once I dobleclick in my pivot table to obtain the detail, a macro can be fired to apply the format that I want?. ...

Conditional formating XLS 2003
Hi, IF Each value in range G21:G33 is less than its correspondance value in range D21:D33 then Underline. i.e. if G22<D22 then underline value in cell G22. The same for all the cell in the range above. That format style is not available in Excel 2003. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:%237nllz4GKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > IF Each value in range G21:G33 is less than its correspondance value in > range D21:D33 then Underline. > > i.e. if G22<D22 then underline value in cell G22. &g...

Number Format #12
I use several number formats that include text. I have only been able to access those formats from the workbook in which they were created. Is there a way to have these custom formats available in all workbooks? Currently I have to copy/paste the format from 1 workbook to another or recreate them in each workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. -- Dewayne There is no special Excel feature to share number formats among workbooks. Copy/paste is good way to go. Also you might have a default workbook/template that has the number formats you want, that you could use as the starting poi...

Help with formatting
I am working with Pub 2003 svpk 2 and am having a problem with the page setup. I save my publication as we publication but I want it to be 8.5 x 11 again. Help! I can't figure out how to do it. I tried converting it to print publication but to no avail not sure what to do next? Help. Use the print publication version that you had the option of saving when you converted to a web publication. If you didn't save the original publication, then either start over with a new print publication template and copy and paste the text and content from the web publication, or File > C...

System locks up on Send / Receive after upgrading to Windows XP Pro
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7265F.127A9300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2000 set up with three accounts. After upgrading my system from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro, every = few minutes this happens: 1) there's a "ripple" on the video monitors 2) mouse and keyboard input is locked for between 5 and 10 seconds It's hard to pin this on Outlook, but I believe that it happens during = the automatic Send/Receive cycle. It seems not to ha...

Chart Conditional Formatting
Can I do a conditional formatting on a chart? Let assume I have a stream of 10 stock prices and plotted them on a chart as dots. What I would like to see is that if the price for a given day is higher than the previous day, show the dot in blue. If the price is the same as the previous day's price, show the dot in black, and red if the price is lower than previous day's price. How do I go about formatting the chart to show a string of 10 dots in combination of blue, black and red? It takes a wee bit of work, but you can simulate conditional formatting in a chart: http://peltiert...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

XP Spell Check in Outlook Express
MS Knowledge Base #308078 confirms that Spell Check does not work in Outlook Express on XP 64 Bit Edition. The XP Home Edition is 32 Bit but Spell Check still doesn't work. Is there a solution? Will it work in Outlook? have you got Word installed? (Either as part of Office or the latest Works?) "TomP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26e201c3a550$95ff5050$3101280a@phx.gbl... > MS Knowledge Base #308078 confirms that Spell Check does > not work in Outlook Express on XP 64 Bit Edition. The XP > Home Edition is 32 Bit but Spell Check sti...

How do I change the time format in calendars?
When I import my Outlook calendar the time format for all apointments is in 24 hours (0900 - 1500 rather than 9:00 am to 3:00 pm) I CAN change each apointment, but that takes a long time. Is there a way to specify the AM/PM format "globaly"? Thanks, Lawrence Berrick lawrence.berrick@us.army.mil It seem's that there is a bug that fix the timeformat to 24h by default withotu regarding the language that was selected in the import wizard. Here is a drawback. You must modify the calendar template and specially the meeting shape. 1. backup the CALNDR_M.VSS file (located in the v...

Outlook 2003 MailMerge with Word XP (2002)
I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail merge from my Outlook contacts using Word XP. Any help regarding how this may be achieved? Your help is appreciated. Best regards, Sastry Versions must match. Never upgrade only one application if you want to retain integration. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sastry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:028001c3aa0f$5a452c60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest > of Office XP. It appears...

CRM mailmerge capabilities, do these capabilities exist?
Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the Microsoft CRM package? Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, So far, this is what I have figured out: I will run a query in CRM for the contacts that are desired for the mailing. I then export these to excel and use Word to do the actual mail merge. I don't believe there is a simpler way, but if anyone knows, I would like to learn this as well. Best, Gina >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know what, if any, mail merge capabilities exist in the >Microsoft CRM package? > >Thanks, >Chris > > >...

How do I turn on Excel Autosave in Office XP?
Craig There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job. To download the 97 version go here..... http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm I...

mailmerge based on activities
I would like to send Contacts a mail merge letter. Only the contacts with a specific Activity during a week. How can I manage the selection of these Contacts with these Activities for the mail merge? Thank you. Marc ...

how to share a OUTLOOK 2k PST file between two pc: win2k and Xp
Good mornign to you all, thank you for helping and reading ;) I would like to know if there is a way to share a PST file in outlook 2000, between a xp and win2k...if i do it, via share a network connection where pst is stored, if both connection are open, one says that "FILE OPEN NOT EDITABLE" or somethign like that.. i hope to be able to express this situation in a not too strange way ;) excuse me for mistakes.. Thank you again, Ivan Cavalloni Natively Pst files cannot be accessed by multiple connections as the first connection will file lock the pst, there may be some ideas her...

Is there a 'format painter' equivalent to use on many charts?
I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have the same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.). Is there an easy way to do this without having to change every axis and background on every chart? I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the same way. I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and axis. Thanks! Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to paste the formats. Note that this ...

File ok in Win2k
We have a very bizarre situation. We have a removeable drive, formatted in NTFS. When we have it plugged into a Win2k system we can read it just fine. When we have it plugged into a WinXP system a few files appear to be filled with null (00) bytes. Any ideas what might be causing this? Corrupt file tables/whatever that trips up XP but not 2k? Virus/trojan/whatever on the XP system? Booting on the XP system recently we had a couple occurrences where it ran a check on the drive and reindexed some files or something. Could this be part of it? How can it be fixed? We already tri...

formatting text box around graphic
Ok. I have 2 columns and a small picture on one page. The text is flowing from Col1 to Col2. The picture is in the upper left of Col1. I moved it to the upper center of the page, overlapping both columns a little. Col1 text flowed around the image. Col2 text stayed behind the image. I tried to format the text box and couldn't get it to flow. Any ideas? -- Hugs, Erika To auto flow from one text box to another, try this: Your column two can't have anything in it, so extend column one down far enough to accept all the text in column two. Cut the text in column two and paste ...

Problem with running A2K client file on machine with Win Xp and Access XP
Hi, I have run into a strange problem with a form with a subform that is linked to the main form. One of our clients just bought new computers with Wni XP Home Edition and Office XP (Access 2003) They hasd been running the A97 version of our application, an Access app with several clients accessing a back-end file. I converted the back-end to Access 2000 file format and set up the Access 2000 version of our application. Everything seems to work OK, except for some controls on a form which show totals from a subform. When I scroll from record to record with the main form, the totals controls j...

DPM2010 beta tape format / disk format and future compatibility?
DPM gurus, We are looking to move our entire backup system from Symantec BE 12.5 to DPM, and at the same time implement a D2D2T system with DPM. We have an LTO3 robot for tape, and I currently have ~4TB of raw storage that I plan to put into a hardware (LSI SAS 8888ELP with BBU) RAID5 array, with the ability to expand it further if needed (controller has an external SAS port). We currently backup about 300-400GB to tape nightly and I really only need one or two days of data to live on disk for any length of time. Is on-disk data from the 2010 beta going to be compatible wi...

XP and Publisher
Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to install the one that game with my Gateway which ran Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I would like to buy an older version on eBay but don't want to buy one that is not compatable with XP. Thank you Dave Schwartz David Schwartz wrote: > Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to > install the one that game with my Gateway which ran > Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program > very much, just to make cassette a...

Using Excel With MailMerge?
I'm using an Excel worksheet for my mailmerge source because I need som calculations done that can't be done in Word. I have copied th formulas 50 rows down. When I try to merge, it gives me 50 pages whe I only have data in 20. The other 30 rows consist of formulas whic don't do anything since there is no data on those rows. Even though th cell values are blank, it reads the cell formulas as being anothe row. So what I'm trying to do now is this: create a named ranged tha adjusts its size (A1:K"some number") according to how many rows hav data in them. Using COUNTA ...

Presenter View
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? I've been experimenting with Presenter View and noticed that the notes loose all their formatting such as Bold, Spacing, Bullets, when in Presenter View. Is there something I can do to correct this or is this by design? Thank you. This is by-design - PowerPoint Presenter View does not support formatted notes. See the following for a workaround: See formatted notes on your laptop while the audience sees the slide show http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html - Chirag Zoom into slides du...

Date Format Problem.
Being in Canada, I have to deal with two different date format... English (mm/dd/yy) and French (dd/mm/yy). Vista's date format is set as dd/mm/yyyy for short dates and mmmm/dd/ yy for long date format. I've set my date column in my spreadsheet using a date format of mm/dd/ yy. Problem is... it gets the month and day mixed up if both are 12 or less. Meaning if I enter 02/14/09... it goes in correctly however if I enter 02/12/09... it will show up as 12/02/09. All the cells have the same date format. How do I force it to use the first digit(s) as the month, whether I enter 2/ or 0...

Formating Parts
Hi, I have the following in cell C4 in sheet2: ="text 1 "&Sheet1!b3&" another text 2" The cell C4 has three parts and can have ONE format for the font. Is there a way to have the part taken from Sheet1 cell B3 to have different formating than the other 2 parts? To be accurate to have it Bold and in different font? Khalil Khalil Not as the result of a formula. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:46:29 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote: >Hi, >I have the following in cell C4 in sheet2: >="text 1 "...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...