Mail merge to word #2

I have a sheet with 246 columns with a header row and one row of data.
Each field contains text data varying in length.  Some fields are
empty.   I have trued to merge directly to Word but get the error
"can't open the data source".  When I save the sheet to a txt file and
merge to word it prompts me that record 16 is empty and each subsequent
record is empty up to record number 245 (which necessitates hitting
Enter for each record) and inserts a paragraph mark for each empty
field.  I have tried umpteeen ways of saving the data and creating the
merge with no improvement.
Firstly why is Word trying to print non existent records?
and secondly why is Word printing blank lines for each empty field.?
("Don't print blank lines when data fields are empty" option is
ticked)
I realise that this is problem involves Word but maybe the source data
in Excel can solve this issue.  Any thoughts ????

--
James42
James42's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24170

Rectangle object in Worksheet not amenable to word indenting and Undo problems
Hi, Using the Drawing toolbar I drew a rectangle ( not a textbox) in my worksheet. I wrote many lines of text in that rectangle like below between the hyphen lines. I note that when I move to a new line in point number 2 just after "report will" then using space-bar doesnt move my cursor to right. Due to that the word "start" lies just below the number "2." in the rectangle. I want the word "start" to lie below the word "All". How do I indent lines within the same paragraph in a rectangle? (Using Tab moves my cursor out of the rectangl...

POS 2.0
Hello again, Is there a way to assign a sales rep to a sale on POS 2.0? I need to calculate commissions - the "Daily Sales by Employee" report uses the cashier information. I noticed that the "TransactionEntry" table contains a SalesRepID column, but I don't see where to set it in the POS screen. Being able to assign a sales rep to each line item is exactly what I need! Thank you! hi Johann, Currently I am waiting for my POS2.0 and using 1.3 version but for your information both the version has transaction level things similar. There is way to assign the sale...

Mail receiving issue
Hi We have a little issue with our exchange server which is bugging me. Scenario is Windows 2K server with Exchange 2K fully updated. Basically the majority of mail gets through to our exchange server and onto outlook for our users, but some of our mail goes to our fallback (priority 10) location. Why aren't all of our e-mails coming through the exchange server?? There are no messages on the event viewer to suggest there is a problem with Exchange. This can happen anytime during the day. Has anyone got any suggestions??? Thanks Simon Simon, When you state that the email goes ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

formula to replace cell with over 8 characters with word LAN
Hello Group, I hope someone will be able to help. I need a formula that can check each cell in column "D" and if it has over 8 characters in the cell, return a value of the word LAN in column "F". Anything with 8 or under should remain as is. There will be up to 600 row entries in column "D". example of col: 799Z 777X 79BM 08/30/06(An) 08/30/06(Put) 08/30/06(InT) 76CC I'm aware that with all the talent and expertise in the group, this is small potato's, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Calop ?... =IF(LE...

How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously merg
When I try to record the steps to unmerge 2 previously merged colums into 2 separate colums into a macro, when the macro is executed it tries to merge the colums instead of unmerging them? If I do the same steps without recording as a macro the unmerge works fine. Is there a trick invloved in recording a macro to do unmerging? Hmmmm not sure what's happening. Are you sure the cells you ar unmerging are merged (probably a daft question), merge/unmerge is toggle. Keyboard strokes are better than the mouse when using the record macr function, eg Ctrl+1 Alt+m Ente -- tghcog -------...

2 Personal folders, using Contact Manager
Installation is Outlook 2003, installed from the Small Business Edition of Office 2003, also having Contact Manager installed. Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror each other in every way. A clue as to why, and what to do to remove the superfluous folder would be appreciated. Have tried removing the PST file, and starting Outlook so it created a new one, but the Personal Folder duplicate is still there. Tx2 <tx2newscollection@hotmail.com> wrote: > Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror > each ...

Money Essential #2
Hi, I would like to know if the Money essential is compatible with the files that were created using Money 2004 -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin Martin Racette | 2009-05-30 | 3:09:46 PM wrote: >I would like to know if the Money essential is compatible with the >files that were created using Money 2004 Short answer: No Longer answer: Money Essentials is not compatible with anything. If you already bought ME, return it and get one of the Money Plus versions. -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA Fortunately I did not bought it, but unfort...

unsend or retrieving e-mails?
Hello there! Here is a nut for the pros... Is it possible in any way to retrieve sent e-mails? Sometimes - like right now - I am a bit (read: very very) frustrated, because I have sent an e-mail to the wrong person. Once in a while I have sent mails from my draft folder, by mistake too. Are there any ways to unsend such messages or perhaps delete them before they are received on the other end of the line?? I am not alone on this, believe me. Only if you are using Exchange server and are trying to retrieve mail from the same organization that has not been opened. You can try using...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

Thrift Savings Plan #2
Does anyone know an accurate way of tracking the military retirement plan, TSP? I have just added an account called TSP and modeled it like a 401(k). Then for each of the funds you have, just add a new investment. You won't have a stock symbol or anything. Some days, I manually update the fund prices, and others I don't. It will calculate your returns whenever you make new transactions. I basically just make those investment transactions whenever I get my quarterly statement. I don't know of a better way of tracking the TSP. "Anthony" wrote: > Does anyone ...

Junk E-mail filter #2
The Junk E-mail filter I have learned does not work unless Outlook is running in cached mode. I am not sure I understand why this is so. The server does not provide any filtering, so unless we can put up with the delayed access time in cached mode, we can't have any filtering? Is that right? Or is there some other server-side filtering I'm not aware of? Thanks. Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. You are right that the Junk Email filter feature only supports in Cached Exchange Mode. However, on the server side, you may use the following suggestion to prevent spam: 1. ...

Problems downloading transactions #2
For some reason I can't download transactions for my Wells Fargo accounts through MS Money 2007 anymore. It seems that there were two options in the past, 1 was to download them through MS Money for free or 2, pay for Online banking with Wells Fargo which gives you bill pay. Wells Fargo said they don't support option 1 and it was done through MS Money. Is this option no longer available through Money? I recently had this problem pop up, too. Within the past week, whenever I try to download my information through MS Money (as I have for a few years) it has not permitted me to do so...

Using an IF statement, based on 2 COUNTIF results (I think)
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

Mail Merge #4
I have my address book alphabetized by Last Name, then First Name....and in my book it is correct. However, when I merge this listing into a Label set up...the addresses are all mixed up. How can I sort the merge? ? ? Thanks ...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?
I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jdgesq2" <jdgesq2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2887A6E3-9CDA-48E5-903B-01054A185A3C@microsoft.com... >I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. > Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

reading mail offline
Emails that contain graphics and have been fully downloaded cannot be read offline. Whenever I'm working offline and I need to read one of those emails with graphics, outlook attempts to connect to my host server--even though I've requested as an option that the contents of emails be fully downloaded. The same thing applies to webpages that I've saved in word format--either doc or html. Is there a way for all those emails and pages with graphics to be fully saved on disk so that the program--either outlook or word--does not attempt to connect to the web when I'm offline? z...

transfer data range from criteria in 2 combo boxes
i have 2 combo boxes "com1" and "com2" i want the value in "com1" to help me decide which columns to target and i would like "com2" to decide which rows to target from another worksheet "sheet2" example: if the value of "com1" was "red" and the value of "com2" was "5/1/10" then i can return C5-C35 from "sheet2" into "a1-a31" in the original sheet example: if the value of "com1" was "blue" and the value of "com2" was "5/2/10" then...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...