Macro warning with no macros

I have a workbook that when I try to open it I get the warning tellin
me it contains macros and asking whether I want to Enable or Disabl
them.  I put no macros, no VB scripts, nothing at all in the workboo
other than standard Excel formulas and some charts.  I developed it i
Excel 2002, SP-2, but have moved it back and forth between tw
computers, the other which has Excel 97.  Regardless of whether
Enable or Disable or change the security settings so as not to get th
warning, once the workbook is open even if I go t
Tools-Macro-Macros... it lists no macros.

How can I find out what's causing the Macros warning and get rid o
it?

Thanks,
Dann

Double check to make sure that there aren't any buttons (with Visual
Basic programs attached).

---

One possibility is tha you need to delete any empty modules that may have housed
macros at some point.

Hit ALT+F11 and this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
Top left you will hopefully see an explorer style pane.  Within this pane you
need to search for
your workbook's name, and when you find it you may need to click on the + to
expand it.  Within
that you should see the following:-

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
   Microsoft Excel Objects
        Sheet1(Sheet1)
        Sheet2(Sheet2)
        Sheet3(Sheet3)
        ThisWorkbook
   Modules
        Module1
        Module2
        etc etc (You may have just 1 of these)

If you have named your sheets then those names will appear in the brackets above
as opposed to
what you see at the moment in my note.

Right click on the modules and select remove.  When prompted with a question re
exporting, just
hit no.  Then hit File / Close and return to Microsoft Excel and save the file.

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

"dannycombs >" <<dannycombs.11um8l@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a workbook that when I try to open it I get the warning telling
> me it contains macros and asking whether I want to Enable or Disable
> them.  I put no macros, no VB scripts, nothing at all in the workbook
> other than standard Excel formulas and some charts.  I developed it in
> Excel 2002, SP-2, but have moved it back and forth between two
> computers, the other which has Excel 97.  Regardless of whether I
> Enable or Disable or change the security settings so as not to get the
> warning, once the workbook is open even if I go to
> Tools-Macro-Macros... it lists no macros.
>
> How can I find out what's causing the Macros warning and get rid of
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> Danny
>

> ---

---

ken.wright (2489)
2/19/2004 1:04:36 AM
No buttons.  Did check that.

In the VB Editor my workbook does appear with all the worksheet
exactly as you describe.  No modules are listed though, only th
worksheets including two indepent chart worksheets that are containe
in my workbook.

There are five other VBA projects as well including
FUNCRES.XLA
HTML.XLA
LOOKUP.XLA
PROCDB.XLA
SOLVER.XLA

Solver and Lookup I imagine are there just because I chose those men
items to investigate what they were and to see if they could possibl
be related during my troubleshooting.

Thanks.  Other toughts?
Dann

OK, try double clicking each of the sheets you can see in the VBE as well as the
ThisWorkbook sheet, and check that you don't even have so much as a space in
there.  Also, as Danny siggested, see if you have any buttons on the sheets that
contain code.

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

"dannycombs >" <<dannycombs.11unbs@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> No buttons.  Did check that.
>
> In the VB Editor my workbook does appear with all the worksheets
> exactly as you describe.  No modules are listed though, only the
> worksheets including two indepent chart worksheets that are contained
> in my workbook.
>
> There are five other VBA projects as well including
> FUNCRES.XLA
> HTML.XLA
> LOOKUP.XLA
> PROCDB.XLA
> SOLVER.XLA
>
> Solver and Lookup I imagine are there just because I chose those menu
> items to investigate what they were and to see if they could possibly
> be related during my troubleshooting.
>
> Thanks.  Other toughts?
> Danny
>

> ---

---

ken.wright (2489)
2/19/2004 8:16:42 AM
Bingo!

One of the worksheets windows in the VBE contained the following.

---------------------------------
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)

End Sub
---------------------------------

Without asking you to give me a free tutorial on VB can you tell m
what that does?  Am I safe to just go ahead and delete it?
Thanks,
Dann

If it's just what you've put there, not an awful lot  :-)  A worksheet_selection
change is an event that can be trapped, and a routine run to do some action, eg,
when someone clicks on a cell and enters something, you may have a routine run
that turns it to Uppercase, or changes the font or background colour depending
on the value entered etc.  You haven't actually got any code for anything to
happen, so you should be safe in deleting it.  If there were any code in it, or
it was meant to do something, it would be doing it to that sheet.

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

"dannycombs >" <<dannycombs.11vymj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Bingo!
>
> One of the worksheets windows in the VBE contained the following.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
>
> End Sub
> ---------------------------------
>
> Without asking you to give me a free tutorial on VB can you tell me
> what that does?  Am I safe to just go ahead and delete it?
> Thanks,
> Danny
>

> ---

---

ken.wright (2489)
2/19/2004 8:17:51 PM
Thanks much.  That solved my problem.  Not sure how it got there but
it's fixed now.
Danny

---

No warning that AP not distributed when credit card used
When entering an invoice in AP and selecting a credit card as the method of payment, there is no warning given when saving the batch even though the distribution is out of balance. When Cash or Check is selected, a warning is given to alert the out of balance situation before saving and attempting to post the batch. Credit card as a method of payment should respond in the same fashion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Attached Toolbars Macros

Help with macro/and or formula?

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Macro that password protects a sheet

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

ADO Security Warning !!!
I am calling java script( for connecting crm database) in custom button i am getting a security warning like "This website use a data provider that may be unsafe if you trust the website click ok otherwise click cancel " Please help me to get rid of this warning message . thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!! You will get this message if a request is made to a different hostname than the one the IE is displaying. I.e. user connects to crm using crm, javascript connects to a url using crm.mydomain.local. If the page you are calling is located in the Crm web site use the SERVER_URL ja...

Macro Question #8
Hi: I have a group of several files with a simple macro that automatically goes to a specific worksheet at the time the file is opened. The code is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets ("TITLE").Select Range ("a1").Select End Sub The macro works properly when a single file is opened, but when I try to open several of the files at the same time I get the following error message: Run Time Error 1004 Select method of Worksheet Class Failed All of the files do open, but the macro appears to run on only the first file selected. All of the other files open ...

Avoid warning message from outlook when open it from a form 02-18-08
Sorry for repost but I haven't see the answer.(Just back from leave).Below is my problem: I have a module to sent email from access with attachment is a pdf Access report. But when trying to display outlook new message window, outlook send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose "NO" I choose yes and click it,but this message will appear as many as outlook contacts listed in my form listbox.( olTo ). How to make this message dissapear? Tha...

macros #29
I am trying to remove dup rows in an excel spreadsheet, but my macro only deletes the dup out of the first column, not the whole row and moves up the next item to replace what it deleted. Any suggestions post the macro here. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It's easier to work from the bottom towards the top (just in case you're not doing it now). And you can do this kind of thing to get rid of a row: rows(i).delete cells(i,1).entirerow.delete But it's difficult to guess without seeing your code. Dorothea wrote: > > I am trying to remove dup ro...

MACRO AUTORUN
HI EVRYONE, ON ONE OF MY EXCEL SHEETS I HAVE MACRO RUNNING. WHENEVER I OPEN THE FILE, IT SAID CLICK TO DISABLE OR ALLOW. I DID NOT ADD ANY MACRO, I CAN'T FIND ANY MACRO IN THE SPREAD SHEET (TOOLS, MACRO). IF I COPY PASTE AND SAVE ON ANOTHER DOCUMENT, SAME THING. IF I SEND TO A COLLEGUE AND OPENS IT, SAME BLOODY MACRO. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MACRO. THANKS -- Chich See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "b52shut" <b52shut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9D2BF73D-4F4D-4F...

Where does Word 2007 keep my macros, toolbar customizations etc?
I have a new computer running Win 7 and it has Microsoft Office 2007. the computer had a RAID 1 configuration, which means a second disk was mirroring everything the main disk was doing. The main disk failed, and I for a number of reason i was force to do a fresh reinstall of Win7 and Office 2007 on a new main drive. I am now trying to migrate my data from disk 2 to disk 1. I have managed to copy over all my documents, which was straightforward. But i also to copy the macros, toolbar settings etc from 2 to drive 1, but i don't know what files i should be transferring. A...