macro to pick last row in a range

i need help on this

do we have a macro which finds the last row in a range and picks up th
last row and insert it below first row of the range

thank u al

try this
Sub moveit()
x = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
Rows(x).Cut
Rows("2:2").Insert shift:=xlDown
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"vikram >" <<vikram.166y5g@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> i need help on this
>
> do we have a macro which finds the last row in a range and picks up the
> last row and insert it below first row of the range
>

> thank u all
>

> ---

Don

Macro warning with no macros

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Macro

Project Gallery
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In 2004 (on my Tiger machine), the Project Gallery consistently refuses to find documents from this week that I have worked on. I just thought it was a bug. Even though I haven't tested it very much, I find the same problem with Office 2008 on Leopard. Is there a fix for this? I want to be able to find documents I worked on from the week before, the month before, etc. Question--are all documents missing? I find that the Project Gallery never remembers my Excel files, but does fine with my Word files. What about ...

Copying a variable nuimber of rows
I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from worksheet A to worksheet B. My problem is how do I define a variable number of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed? I do not want to copy any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated. John Try With Activesheet LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row if LastRow > 10 Then FirstRow = LastRow - 9 Else FirstRow = 1 EndIf ...

Macro

Showing last editing date
I was wondering if there is a way to have one cell show the date of when another cell was last edited. You can use a change event. Assume you want cell B1 to track when last A1 was changed. Right click sheet tab, select View Code and paste the macro below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("B1").Value = Date End If ErrorHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Hope this helps Rowan "Kenny" wrote: > I was ...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Cannot insert new rows
I am running excel 2007 and I have 23 worksheets in a workbook. I have no links or hidden rows or colums. My biggest sheet is A1: AW8096. I use VB macros to add lines and move data from one set of workbooks to this one. I have built several sheets using this proceedure. All of a sudden I get the error "Cannot shift objects off sheet" when I run a routine I have 50,000 times. I have checked to make sure there are no hidden comments, row or columns. I have deleted most of the worksheets and I still get the error. I have made copies of the workbook and used different file ...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

RE: last post about listing e-mail address rather than name.......
That is in Outlook Express 6.0. BTW, is there a separate newsgroup for Outlook Express...I couldn't find one?!!!!! ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

New SBS2008 domain Outlook won't setup on last two devices: suspect firewall
New site almost finished. Office is a bunch of PhD engiineer types that have to fiddle with stuff. Also they all know MS stuff sucks. Last two workstations (Vista and XP) joined to domain fine. Open Outlook 2007 and it stalls and never sets up profile, error must be connected to server to work! Network fully visible. I believe owner has 'tinkered' with sbs2008 firewall during this time. Need pointer on when next to go. Could firewall change stop the setup? TIA Did you create users with wizards did you connect the PC's with http://connnect is the DHCP server th...

shortcut keys to macros

Turn off auto adjust of row heights
I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products. I have set row heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows. Every now and then my row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL. I have turned off word wrap I have locked/protected my sheet. How can I stop EXCEL automatically readjusting row heights at its discretion. Thanks ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Inserting Rows
Hi, I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a time and then selecting 'insert row'? Thanks Ben Hi Ben have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pt5r Frank Ben wrote: > Hi, > > I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a > blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of > doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a > time and then selecting 'insert row'? > > Thanks > > Ben Thanks...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

trigger to update last sold date in HQ item table
hi , i need to update automaticaly the last sold date in HQ from last sold date in store (since it is not updated from stores). can we use item dynamic table to update item table ? if so can any one give a trigger to do that. thanks I have no idea about HQ However, in my opinion creating trigger can slow down database executions. Be careful with that May be it would be better if you create a stored procedure to contain the update logic and then schedule the stored procedure to run hourly or daily ? rgds, Joie "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...