Macro to find and delete all FALSE statements

So i have a sheet filled with formulas and I have put IF,Then statements in
them to return FALSE is I don't get the result I want.  However, I need to
erase all these FALSE results so they do not plot as zero on my chart.
Anyway to create a macro?  Thanks.
0
Woody13 (19)

You may not need a macro.
If you formulas are of the type =IF(A1<10,FALSE,A1), select the range and
use Edit  | Replace to change FALSE to NA(). The NA() will show in cell as
#N/A and will be ignored by the chart.

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Woody13" <Woody13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So i have a sheet filled with formulas and I have put IF,Then statements
> in
> them to return FALSE is I don't get the result I want.  However, I need to
> erase all these FALSE results so they do not plot as zero on my chart.
> Anyway to create a macro?  Thanks.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/8/2004 2:50:24 PM
Thanks.  You are correct but it makes it more difficult for me to go back and
review some of the information.  Still, you suggestion was helpful.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> You may not need a macro.
> If you formulas are of the type =IF(A1<10,FALSE,A1), select the range and
> use Edit  | Replace to change FALSE to NA(). The NA() will show in cell as
> #N/A and will be ignored by the chart.
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove CAPS in email address
>

> "Woody13" <Woody13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So i have a sheet filled with formulas and I have put IF,Then statements
> > in
> > them to return FALSE is I don't get the result I want.  However, I need to
> > erase all these FALSE results so they do not plot as zero on my chart.
> > Anyway to create a macro?  Thanks.

0
Woody13 (19)
12/8/2004 3:07:06 PM
You could record a macro as you do the following --

To delete the cells that have a FALSE result:
Select the cells with formulas
Choose Edit>Got To
Click the Special button
Select Formulas
Remove the check marks from all options except Logical
Click OK
Press the Delete key

Woody13 wrote:
> So i have a sheet filled with formulas and I have put IF,Then statements in
> them to return FALSE is I don't get the result I want.  However, I need to
> erase all these FALSE results so they do not plot as zero on my chart.
> Anyway to create a macro?  Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Macro warning with no macros

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

Macro

Macro

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library
I have a spreadsheet containing 7 userforms and 9 modules. The spreadsheet has been developed on the same computer for a number of years and remained stable. However, I now want to make some amendments to one of the userforms. Whenever I make any changes to the UserForm_Initialize statement (even entering a blank space), I get the compile error 'can't find project or library'. Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to stop it. ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Deleting Unusual Recurrence of a scheduled item.
Hello, I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every day until Dec 22 2005. I have no idea how this happened, but when I delete one, I don't get any message about deleting the series, meaning I have to delete this entry for each day from here to Dec 22 2005. The easy way is of course, to ignore the entry, but I would really like to clean it up. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks! Rick RWC <rcollens_SPAMONATOR_@hemmingway.com> wrote: > I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every > day until Dec 22 2005. I have no ide...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

VBA Command to Look at cell in an If statement
I need to create a macro in VBA that will look at a specific cell (which contains the result of a lookup formula) in an If statement. Basically it would look at a certian cell, and If that cell had the word "YES", then it would execute a seprate macro. If not, just continue on it merry way. I have tried the following and several variations: Sheets("Print Area").Select Range("BO8:BO8").Select If BO8 = YES Then Call PrintBatch What the program has to do is look at the last entry made in a specific column (hence the use of the Lookup formula in the cell) and...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Calling on a macro within a macro!

delete folder from personal folders
i have accidentally deleted a folder from my personal folder and when i restore the pst file i cannot find it! any ideas? ...

shortcut keys to macros

Macro that password protects a sheet

Again
This has been an issue for a few weeks now. I have observed not only an arbitrary deletion of a message that came into my Inbox about 2 minutes before, but also seeing the Deleted Items folder being completely emptied. Both actions took place within a few seconds of each other This occured with zero user input from me and there are no user recipient policies in place. The enviroment is Exchange 2000\SP3 under Windows 2k, fully patched Nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. No recipient message policies. No nothing. Any thoughts? George Do you see vanished messages as rec...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Task created in workflow-how to catch if deleted?
Hi, I have several rather complex workflows set up for a client. They work wonderfully as long as the activity records are either completed or canceled or either. But, if a user deletes a task record that was created by Workflow, the workflow just sits there..... I removed the Delete permission on Activity Records for a couple users....but...what can i do about everyone else. Is there a way to prevent tasks from being deleted if they are created from workflow? Or A way to identify those that have been created from a workflow and deleted by a user? Ultimately, we do not want an...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

deleteing movies on media player
i'm trying to delete movies i dont want from media player 11, can't figure it out thanks for the help. -- rick wilson Right-click the movies in WMP's library and select Delete. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 6/06/2010 10:13, pathfinder wrote: > i'm trying to delete movies i dont want from media player 11, can't figure it > out thanks for the help. ...