Macro to edit details

Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf
details on a worksheet.......

therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte
my headings...and then went to 'data > form'  and then had to close th
form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr
whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro
drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it.
saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep
occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck
thankyou.

....basically all i need is a macro, so that everytime it is clicked
data form would show, so that it allows a user to edit, delete, o
allow the user to enter a new employee.. regards

Hi!

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/index.htm  offers a mor
sophisticated form than the built-in Data>Form (which won't let yo
automate it by recording a macro).

Otherwise, I guess you are into creating your own form (Alt+F11
Insert>UserForm) populated with the labels, textboxes and controls yo
need to do your editing. Then there's the code to get the data from th
form to your database.

Al

Error in Detailed Sales Report wih Total Discounts
I got this report from the Reports Library but it has a problem: Does not give the Total Discount right. If I have sold an item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 OK iF I have sold two items for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be 2 times 1.00 = 2.00) iF I have returned one item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be -1 times 1.00 = -2.00) Is there a way to fix this?? On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:42:04 -0700, "Fabricio" <Fabricio@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Printing the "account" activity... no details?
OK, I'm trying to find SOME way of printing out a detailed list of my recent account activities, and I am not having much luck... When I am on the account and I choose "Print", all I get is a two column list, with the "amount" differences and the new running total. No payee name? No check number? No category? No "reconciled" status? I tried to look for options here, but the only ones I could find were for choosing my printer/changing my paper size. Didn't notice any reports that would print out this information... How might I do this? (I am using Mone...

Macro -duplex printing
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on around 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type Public Type PRINTER_INFO_2 pServerName As Long ...

Macro giving different results each time it is run
Hi there, A month or so ago I created a macro by recording and saved it and have been using it well. Until recently the results have been incorrect. part of the macro is sorting the different products into groups and for some reason it is doing this incorrectly. Every time I run the macro the sorting results are different from the previous run and the information on the sorting is the same always. Any ideas ?? -- Niall Niall, recorded macros are just a starting point. They often refer to the wrong ranges when you want to run them on a different data set. Sometimes they are set ...

Building macro to run Query(w/dropdown parameters) then report
I have a query with parameters from which I'd like to run a report. I can do so with regular parameter prompts but would like to use a drop down box. I have read the instructions in www. fontstuff.com/access/ about how to create the combo box for the parameter, however, I'm not sure how to get the macro to wait for the query to run before the report. It HAD been a select query, but I changed it to a make a table query but it stil didn't work. Any ideas? -- -Christie Can't you just remove the parameters altogether and allow the combo box (and maybe a text box or two) ...

Excel Macro Question #2
I have various cells which have a check box in them. I am referenceing them as "checkbox 216 etc..." in my macro. Is there an alternate way to reference these checkboxes so i can reference them sequentially without using the checkbox name? Hi SW, If your checkboxes are from the Forms toolbar, as seems likely from the indicated name, try something like: '=============>> Public Sub Tester() Dim cbx As CheckBox For Each cbx In ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes 'do something, e.g.: MsgBox cbx.Name Next cbx End Sub End Sub '<<===========...

Macro to rename Tab and then save as
Hi, I'm trying to do a macro thatdoes 2 things: 1- Rename the active Tab with the content of a cell in it dimvar = Date1 Range("AB2").Select (?)Selection.Copy = Date1 ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Select (???).Name = Date Range("A4").Select End Sub 2- Then, use this same Tab name and add it after an other word Case-Date1.xlsm Michel Dim wks as worksheet set wks = activesheet with wks .name = .range("Ab2").value 'or if AB2 contains a date, you can make sure that the 'value is legal (sheet names can'...

Need Query or Macro to Update Form
I have a form with two textboxes, both tied to field names in the table I am using for the form. The two fields are GroupName1 and Groupname2. I need to build a query or macro to run where if there is any text in Groupname2, to transfer the text to a new record where the text from Groupname2 is now in Groupname1 field. Please help!!! Thanks. Chris You've described "how" you want to solve a situation... but we have no idea what situation this is supposed to solve! More specific descriptions will probably lead to more specific suggestions. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.In...

Macro Help In Excel
Every morning we have a file imported containing rows of data. There ar a different amount of entries every day. I have managed to set up macro that goes through each row individually highlighting it an printing it off. Therefore, if I have an import with 20 rows, my macr prints off 20 copies, with each row individually being highlighted. My problem is that I can only do this if I firstly enter into the macr how many rows of data there are. Is there any way the macro can wor through the rows, and know when to stop? Any advice will be gratefully received -- welshlad Hi Assuming there is ...

Macro to Clear Cell Contents based on Cell Value in another Sheet
Sorry for the Newbie question but....... How do I create a macro to clear the contents of cells in one worksheet based on the value of a cell in another worksheet? For example: on SHEET 1 the value of cell A1 can be Yes or No. If A1 = "Yes" then I want to clear the values in cell range A1:C5 of SHEET 2, if "No" then don't clear the values. Thanks in advance. Option Explicit sub testme() dim rng1 as range dim rng2 as range set rng1 = worksheets("sheet1").range("a1") set rng2 = worksheets("sheet2").range("a1:c5") ...

Macro Total Sum
Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. Now macro should put answer on a12 and total rowa 1-10. ANy help. New to writing macros Hi Joey. Take a look at this site. It may help. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Joey" wrote: > Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 > Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. > The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. > Now macro should put answer on a12 and tota...

mortgage payment detail is not calculated correctly
I've set up a fixed rate 30 year mortgage loan back in 2003. I have auto-debit setup for payment to this loan from my savings account, which I then regularly download to Money. Looking at the mortgage loan's register, it shows that the first few payments had the correct detail information: payment, principal and balance. It even has the pmt num field automatically populated (1 for first payment, 2 for second and so on). But at some point, the payment details have been showing that the entire payment is assigned as prinicipal, that is, no interest is being accrued, which of cour...

Converting Header Rows to Add'l Detail in Rows
I am working with a spreadsheet created from our mainframe and need some assistance in converting it to a file easily used for data mining. The records are numbered by 1,2,3 ; where 1=header row, 2=detailed records for each header row, 3=sum count of the # of detailed records. Here is a sample of the data: A B C D E F 1 Test Texas PlanNumber RedLight 2 John Addy State ZipCode Expense 2 Sally Addy State ZipCode Expense 2 Jake Addy State ZipCode Ex...

Editing Filter Criteria when creating "Views"
Hi, When creating a view - and specifically creating filter criteria for that view - can CRM 3.0 do sorts with “or” criteria? In the old version the only option to sort is with the "and" criteria. For Example-we create a view and would like to have anyone on that view (list) that has a "Yes" in the interest area "Health and Wellness". But we also want to have the people on that list, that have a "Yes" in another interest area-let's say they are interested in learning about "Obesity". BUT - and here is my question - can we tell CRM...

Routing Details ICONS
Hello all Still trying to solve the problem (the description is below) and found something - maybe someone is able to explain. When looking to the site addressing window, then routes and then on a route details I see to kinds of icons: in the good working site all hops looks like two envelopes while look in the routes window and routes detail one hop lokks strange (I mean icon - it consist of grey wheel and two boxes blue and red) can someone explain me the icons meaning ? Thank you in advance Bogdan "Bogdan Sosnowski" <sp8ufn@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:cb638d$i...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Conditional macro
Hello, I have a sheet that I want to change daily. Each day has a colour to a cell for that day. The day is obtained by =NOW() function reporting the day only. I want to background colour the cell the day is reported in differently each day. Monday=yellow Tuesday=blue etc. etc. I have this code to do the colours. (The colorindex numbers may not represent the above colours but that I can work out later) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Range("L23")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub With Target...

How to assign a hot key to an existing macro in word 2007?
I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working? Word Menu (or Button)>Word Options>Customize>Keyboard shortcuts "Customize" and choose the "Macros" category nixonian wrote: > I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new > macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working? I finally found the command "Customize Keyboard" using "Search Commands" menu item. I still have not found it in the standard ribbon...

Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)
I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE. When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE server". I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it. Can anyone help please? I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another machine, and I do not get this problem there, just on the Wi...

Set page length in macro
Hi, Anyone have any idea if a page length variable can be set in Excel VBA? I have to print custom size tractor feed labels on a DM printer. TIA Keith Keith, Recording a macro while setting the paper size yielded code, which I've stripped of unwanted stuff: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PaperSize = xlPaperLegal End With It reduces further to: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal For other paper sizes available, I put the cursor on PaperSize and pressed F1 and got: XlPaperSize can be one of these XlPaperSize constants. xlPaper11x17. 11 in. x 17...

Macro security issues
I need to enable users of a spreadsheet to send that spreadsheet to a specified email address at the click of a button without encountering Security and email warnings. So far I have added a control with a macro that does the email bit, but users get both warnings. I need to assume that my users will panic when they see these and will disable the all important macro. Is there any way around this without getting into digital signature territory? ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Disclaimer editing
Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to edit and add color and spacing (other than indenting) to the disclaimers that can be adding using registry entries in NT 4.0 for Exchange 5.5. XFOR: Installing Internet Mail Service Extension Imsext.dll ID: 258206 You might try to put the regkey in as an html format and see if it goes out - then the client should handle the rest. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script ...

don't confirm deletion of a sheet with macro
Hi, After running a macro I receive a window asking me to confirm a deletion of a worksheet. The same macro just did the deletion of the worksheet without asking me to dele it with Excell XP but after I upgraded to Excell2003 every time I run the macro it asks me to confirm the deletion of that sheet. I guess I need to change any options but can’t find it in the Excell2003 options menu. Hi try application.displayalerts=false 'delete sheet application.displayalerts=true -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im News...

Excel 97 macro ComboBox
I have a Excel97 worksheet where I have some fields where user adds some values and a combobox that is linked to row with values. I have made a macro "Empty" that erases all the values from the cells. I allso want that same macro to change the combobox value to first value of the list. I tried to add to my macro: ComboBox1.ListIndex =0 But it will return an error. Please tell me how to make this macro work. Thanks in advance Mikael My first guess: ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 (or whatever sheet you're using) Mikael wrote: > > I have a Excel97 worksheet ...