Macro to copy chart from Excel to word

I need to write a macro that will select a chart from Excel and copy
it to a book mark in a word document.

Can anyone offer some help ?

Appreciate any reponse

Chris

Jon Peltier has some code to paste a chart into Word:

   http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartwd

You could replace precede this line:

    ' Paste chart at cursor position
    WDApp.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, _
       DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _
         Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False

with code that selects your bookmark, e.g.:

     WDApp.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="MyBkmk"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Macro warning with no macros

Chart to represent sale number by individual contrubtion vs total
I need help on how to create a chart to represent sales number by individual contributor vs total. E.g. Alvin = $50 Mary = $150 John = $80 Kate = $120 Total = $400 The chart should show a graphical representation of $400 as the total, and it shows how each person contribute to the chart. Hi, One way would be to plot the data, not including the total as a stacked column. Alternately, you could plot the data without the total as a column chart and then plot the total as a line on the same chart. Just make a second series with each item the total. -- If this helps, please click th...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #2
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

Bar chart with a Percentage
I have a bar chart that has 4 vertical bars. On the 2nd and 4th bar I'd like to list the percentage it is of the 1st and 3rd bar, respectively. I already have labeled each bar with its numerical value and data name. Can I do this? If so, how? I've tried for about 2 hours now. Thanks in advance for any help! >-----Original Message----- >I have a bar chart that has 4 vertical bars. On the 2nd >and 4th bar I'd like to list the percentage it is of the >1st and 3rd bar, respectively. I already have labeled >each bar with its numerical value and data name....

Hyperlink to a bookmark created in Word and copied to Windows Mail don't work
A bookmark created in Windows Mail along with the hyperlink to it don't work when copied to Windows Mail for e-mailing I get an error message: mid://00000174/ ...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

Macro

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Copying a variable nuimber of rows
I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from worksheet A to worksheet B. My problem is how do I define a variable number of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed? I do not want to copy any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated. John Try With Activesheet LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row if LastRow > 10 Then FirstRow = LastRow - 9 Else FirstRow = 1 EndIf ...

Word uses up a lot of memory
When I open a file of Word97-03, it uses up a lot of memory. eg. My RAM is 4GB and it uses up 1,002,188K for WINWORD.EXE Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. Should you do that, it might help the responder to know more about your setup. What version of Word are you using? What Operating System? What else is running at the same time and so on. Good luck! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Stupid 'Copy' button
Hi, Why does RMS preserve quantity and commited values & serial numbers (amongst others) when you are use the 'copy' function for setting up a new code - this is crazy!!!! Is there an SQL script available I can use to set the correct committed values for any items which have been created by the 'copy' button? I am going to have to tell the customer perform a physical inventory to get the quantity on hand values correct - but committed is more important to fix straight away as they use this for ordering purposes. Can anyone help me? Regards, Jason. ...

Macro

Excel as a Database
Hi, I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales as a database? I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. RRS Hi Rao Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBC96E-24F5-45F1-8B16-FFCAC322D846@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales > as a database? > I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. > > R...

"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolu
"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolutely Free..The aim is to ensure that you Succeed on the Financial front. Check these out... May be it could mark the difference between Failure and Success. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Elliott Wave Video Crash Course http://www.elliottwave.com/a.asp?url=/wave/VideoCrashCo...

Disabling Copy
I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks -- pkrono ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pkrono's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346874 You can do this with Excel 2002/2003. With code you could disable a right-click, but you could still use Edit->Copy in Excel 2000 and earlier. "pk...

charting data with multiple series
I have a data set in this format: Temp Pressure Mass=115 2.2 897 4.1 752 6.3 631 8.5 555 Mass=125 1.3 999 4.6 888 8.9 777 9.6 600 Mass=130 3.6 987 4.5 876 6.9 654 8.0 555 and so on... Using an XY Scatter Graph, I want to plot Temp vs. Pressure for each data series. I want the labels in the left column to show up in the legend. Any suggestions on how to select the data? Thanks, Mary [This follo...

Run macro automatically.

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

pivot chart add a ligne not in the pivot table
hello, I've a pivot table and the related graph and I would like to add 2 ligne who represents the minimun and maximum value before alarm. I would like to knwo how to create 2 ligne in a chart by vba Thanks You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the additional lines in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm And for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine To create the code, you ...