Macro - Open Word with Excel macro

Hello,

Can I launch Word from within an Excel macro?  If so, how?

Bill

Bill a �crit :
> Hello,
>
> Can I launch Word from within an Excel macro?  If so, how?
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Something like :
Sub test()
  Set ww = CreateObject("word.application")
  ww.Visible = True
End Sub

HTH
FxM
0
nullos (12)
5/23/2005 7:43:11 PM
Or using early binding (You will need to manually set a reference to the
Word Object Library through Tools...>References... in the VBE)

Sub RunWord()
Dim wd As Word.Application
Set wd = New Word.Application
wd.Visible = True
End Sub

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"FxM" <nullos@greuchmeu.ici> wrote in message
> Bill a �crit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can I launch Word from within an Excel macro?  If so, how?
>>
>> Bill
>

> Hi Bill,
>
> Something like :
> Sub test()
>  Set ww = CreateObject("word.application")
>  ww.Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> HTH
> FxM

Thanks FxM, Nick

"Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote in message
> Or using early binding (You will need to manually set a reference to the
> Word Object Library through Tools...>References... in the VBE)
>
> Sub RunWord()
> Dim wd As Word.Application
> Set wd = New Word.Application
> wd.Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "FxM" <nullos@greuchmeu.ici> wrote in message
>> Bill a �crit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can I launch Word from within an Excel macro?  If so, how?
>>>
>>> Bill
>>

>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> Something like :
>> Sub test()
>>  Set ww = CreateObject("word.application")
>>  ww.Visible = True
>> End Sub
>>
>> HTH
>> FxM

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Macro warning with no macros

Hyperlink to a bookmark created in Word and copied to Windows Mail don't work
A bookmark created in Windows Mail along with the hyperlink to it don't work when copied to Windows Mail for e-mailing I get an error message: mid://00000174/ ...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Macro

Why do legacy checkboxes freeze text fields in Word 2007?
If you use "Legacy Controls" checkboxes in Word 2007 and you have plain text or rich text fields, when you protect the document it will freeze you out of text fields after you select a checkbox. It only seems to do this with more than four or five check boxes and more than four or five text boxes. Help, anyone? Legacy fields require the document to be protected. Word 2007 content controls require it to be unprotected, thus the two are incompatible in the same document. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Word uses up a lot of memory
When I open a file of Word97-03, it uses up a lot of memory. eg. My RAM is 4GB and it uses up 1,002,188K for WINWORD.EXE Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. Should you do that, it might help the responder to know more about your setup. What version of Word are you using? What Operating System? What else is running at the same time and so on. Good luck! -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Macro

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Copy picture from word 2003 to word 2007
When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of this? Your best bet would be to right click the picture in your 2003 document and save the picture to your computer. After this is completed, open Word 2007 and click insert picture. Now browse your computer and find that picture you saved. I'm surprised this happened, but I'm guessing its a compatibility issue between 2003 and 2007. "Daisy" wrote: > When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Saving in 2003 Excel
I am currently taking Excel 2002 in college. The software I have loaded is 2003 but my Professor is running 2002. Can someone tell me how ot save in 2003 so the Professor can read in 2002? Hi Terry! Just save normally. You version challenged Professor will be able to open it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Same file format, no problems.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Terry" <our.email@fuse.net> wrote in message news:384d...

Where are the collums in Mircosoft Word?
PLEASE ANSWER A.S.A.P.!!! Assuming that you are referring to newspaper columns and that you are using Word 2007, look at the Page Layout tab. You'll find a Columns command in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kaitlyn Moreland" <Kaitlyn Moreland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D282483-D7F6-440C-AEDA-132789AED1BA@microsoft.com... > PLEASE ANSWER A.S.A.P.!!! WORD 2007 Page Layout / Page Setup group / Columns Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Kaitlyn Moreland" wrote: ...

Problem with Excel files being locked by Administrator
Lately our company has been having problems with random files being locked for editing by Administrator. Going in as Administrator won't help and the only way we can solve the problem is to copy the file and rename it; deleting the locked file. I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, on their network. Thanks! ...

Avery Label codes not the same in Word 2007
I can't find the correct Avery codes in Word 2007. I recently switched over from Office 2003. Anyone have any ideas? Liz wrote: > I can't find the correct Avery codes in Word 2007. I recently > switched over from Office 2003. Anyone have any ideas? The Avery numbers are in alphabetical order, not numerical order; for example, 11111 would come before 2. Does that help you find what you're looking for? -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so...

Exporting to Word in a csv file
I am doing the above and leading zeros are being dropped...I need them in because they are account codes that I am uploading to my GL. Can anyone help? Brad I've run into leading zero problems before when exporting/importing. Try this--make sure your data items with leading zeros are "text" format, that should preserve the leading zeros. I made a test file, saved it as CSV, then pulled into Word (insert file), and the leading zeros were still there. But, if you open up the CSV file again in Excel, the leading zeros disappear... "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microso...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros