macro in excel to copy from excel to word

i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag
of.

I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the
to be automatically completed using the excel database.

Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr
then modify it to suit.

This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o
pasting into form..field..values.

I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin
excel programming for dummies' book.  But really do not know where t
start now.

Have seen this:
"Dim appWD As Word.Application
Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8")
appWD.Visible = True"

but not sure how this all fits in.

can anybody help guide me in the right direction or know of a goo
simple book.  not really into this heavy would just like to know how t
get this simple task done for now.  not much point in learning loads o
stuff i will just forget, because i wont use it again for a while.

thanks

stev

You might find some answers here

http://tinyurl.com/25j6x
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"svmurray" <svmurray.ynl2a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantage
> of.
>
> I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get them
> to be automatically completed using the excel database.
>
> Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macro
> then modify it to suit.
>
> This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, or
> pasting into form..field..values.
>
> I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'using
> excel programming for dummies' book.  But really do not know where to
> start now.
>
> Have seen this:
> "Dim appWD As Word.Application
> Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8")
> appWD.Visible = True"
>
> but not sure how this all fits in.
>
> can anybody help guide me in the right direction or know of a good
> simple book.  not really into this heavy would just like to know how to
> get this simple task done for now.  not much point in learning loads of
> stuff i will just forget, because i wont use it again for a while.
>
> thanks
>
> steve
>

> ---

Don

need help with an excel spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area, and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro, can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular cell? Thanks, Russ You don't say whether the recipient would need to edit the data. If not, there are numerous programs available (free, shareware and commercial) which enable print output to be stored as a PDF file. Another option would be to c...

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Macro warning with no macros

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Macro

Macro

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

I keep having to force quit MS Word It also Freezes screen often
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep having to force quit MS Word. It won't quit when I hit quit. It also seems to Freeze the screen often and I have to restart. Help? Without having so much as an indication what version of Office you're using it's impossible to suggest anything other than the fundamentals; 1- Make sure your version of Office is fully updated, 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated, 3- Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, 4- Restart your Mac. If you continue to have a problem reply here with version specific in...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Saving in 2003 Excel
I am currently taking Excel 2002 in college. The software I have loaded is 2003 but my Professor is running 2002. Can someone tell me how ot save in 2003 so the Professor can read in 2002? Hi Terry! Just save normally. You version challenged Professor will be able to open it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Same file format, no problems.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Terry" <our.email@fuse.net> wrote in message news:384d...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

How do I create a "dartboard" chart in Excel?
How do I create a chart that looks like a dartboard, i.e. it works like a radar chart, but is round and with the ability to colour different "rings" to represent different bands of scores? Try a Donut chart. This will give you the rings, and you can make 20 segments in each ring to build up the wedges. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Simon Davis" <Simon Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779E3583-AD32-48B1-BAA8-D1C072CEC36F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a ...

Excel as Attendance Tracker
Merry Christmas Everyone!! I've posted this on another board - got lots of views but no responses so I'm hoping Santa will be good to me and someone reading this thread will have an answer. We have 100+ employees. We need to track PTO, Vacation in hours and then also log other instances of time away from work (f= fmla, t=travel, c=comp time, h=work at home). However these "other instances" do not need to be tracked in terms of hours used. The only suggestion that came on the other board was to have 3 rows per employee - not a good solution. My solution so far has been t...

Can i print copy numbers?
At my job we must print copies of databases and keep track of them. We only print 100 copies at a time. Is there a way to make it automaticly put "1 of 100" or "copy 1 of 100" in the footer?? You could run a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 3 '100 when you're ready With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.RightFooter = "Copy " & iCtr & " of 100" .PrintOut preview:=True 'false when you're ready End With Next iCtr End Sub I used 1 to 3 and pri...

Trend Line constants as Excel Cell Values
I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel Cells. Are there formula's to do this? Equation is Y = Ax(2) + Bx + C. I want the value of A,B and C in seperate cells. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Thanks -- Ken Hi Ken, Supposing your x-range is in A2:A10, and y-range in B2:B10, select a 3-column x 1-row area and enter the following formula and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B10,A2:A10^{0,1,2},0,) Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Ken" wrote: > I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel &g...

shortcut keys to macros

Retain Field Format From Excel
I have an excel file that I'm importing to Access. This field consists of "time"...hours, minutes, seconds. The format in excel is set to "Custom" - [h]:mm:ss. The data elements look like 150:27:50, 2:30:25, etc... The time stays the same for some records but others change. For example...150:27:50 becomes 6:27:50 AM when imported. If someone can help me figure a way to retain the format for all records I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Lisa W. 150 divided by 24 = 6.25 or 6 and 1/4 days which is displayed a 6 AM. You need to use a ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet