Macro Help - Jacob Skaria has previously been helping

Hi,

I had alot of help yesterday from Jacob with the following macro, but am
getting a 'run time error 13' when trying to run the macro, and i cannot see
why.

Any help much appreciated

Sub OLApp()

Dim objOL As Object, objApp As Object, lngRow As Long

Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

For lngRow = 9 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If Range("E" & lngRow) = "" Then
Set objApp = objOL.CreateItem(1)
With objApp
..Subject = "Change Password for system" & Range("A" & lngRow)
..Start = Range("B" & lngRow)
..ReminderPlaySound = True
..Save
End With
Range("E" & lngRow) = "Done"
End If
Next
Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

Please ignore, i have worked it out.

Thanks
Check your other post.

I dont see any reason why that should give an error.
--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> Please ignore, i have worked it out.
>
> Thanks
I do have another question though.

Is there a way to automatically clear the colum 'E' if something in colom
'C' is changed?
Sorry i was being stupid again like yesterday! I simply had to change the
line .Start = Range("B" & lngRow) to the correct column!

Sorry!
How does this work? How do i make it as an event macro?
copy it as written into 'thisworkbook' section
(without the dashes lol)

its an event macro because it triggers on an event - in this case
worksheet_change so every time that event happens this code will run,

it checks if anything in column c changed (intersect(target,[C:C]) is
nothing) and if it has clear columns(5) (which is e)

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> How does this work? How do i make it as an event macro?
It doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I have copied it into the This
Workbook section, and moved the other macro into the Sheet1 section.

Is this something obvious i am doing wrong? Do you need to see both bits of
code?
yeah, sorry - I responded to your question without looking at micky's code

the following works for me (when placed in thisworkbook)

Private Sub Workbook_sheetChange(ByVal sh As Object, ByVal Source As Range)
    If Application.Intersect(Source, [C:C]) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Columns(5).ClearContents
 End Sub

hth
RegMigrant
"Dan Wood" wrote:

> It doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I have copied it into the This
> Workbook section, and moved the other macro into the Sheet1 section.
>
> Is this something obvious i am doing wrong? Do you need to see both bits of
> code?
That works to clear the entire column, but isn't quite what i need.

The sheet is to store passwords, then there is a macro to add appointments
into outlook for the date the password needs changing. Therefore, in column
'A' starting at row 9 there is a list of system names. Then in column 'D'
starting in row 9 again is the date that the password expires, and this is
added to the calendar. Column 'E' is simply there as a way to stop duplicate
entries in the calendar. So what i want is for example if the system in A12
password expires, it will then be changed and the new expiration date will be
input into D12, so i only want E12 to be cleared.

Is there some way to do this, or is it to complicated?

Thanks for your help
Well its possible but still unclear -

How does data get into E2
what data is it - does it need to be preserverd, is there a formula or
validation to worry about?

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> That works to clear the entire column, but isn't quite what i need.
>
> The sheet is to store passwords, then there is a macro to add appointments
> into outlook for the date the password needs changing. Therefore, in column
> 'A' starting at row 9 there is a list of system names. Then in column 'D'
> starting in row 9 again is the date that the password expires, and this is
> added to the calendar. Column 'E' is simply there as a way to stop duplicate
> entries in the calendar. So what i want is for example if the system in A12
> password expires, it will then be changed and the new expiration date will be
> input into D12, so i only want E12 to be cleared.
>
> Is there some way to do this, or is it to complicated?
>
> Thanks for your help
I will try to describe as best as i can!

Starting in Column A9 downwards there will be a list of system names that
will updated by the user. From B9 downwards is the new password the user
enters. C9 downwards is the date the user changed the password, which again
is enetered by the user. Cell D9 will be locked, but is basically the formula
=C9+30, and will display the date the password will need changing. This date
is used by the macro to add the appoinment into outlook calendar. Cell E9 is
filled in automatically by my original macro which, once the appoinment has
been added, is filled in with 'Done'.

So when cell C9 date is changed, i want cell E9 to clear, so that when i run
the macro to add appoinments, which will be as a button, it will spot that a
cell in column E is empty and add that appointment
I suggest you modify your macro to clear column e when it sets up
appointments and column e says 'done'

RegMigrant

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> I will try to describe as best as i can!
>
> Starting in Column A9 downwards there will be a list of system names that
> will updated by the user. From B9 downwards is the new password the user
> enters. C9 downwards is the date the user changed the password, which again
> is enetered by the user. Cell D9 will be locked, but is basically the formula
> =C9+30, and will display the date the password will need changing. This date
> is used by the macro to add the appoinment into outlook calendar. Cell E9 is
> filled in automatically by my original macro which, once the appoinment has
> been added, is filled in with 'Done'.
>
> So when cell C9 date is changed, i want cell E9 to clear, so that when i run
> the macro to add appoinments, which will be as a button, it will spot that a
> cell in column E is empty and add that appointment
Dan Wood,
You are best off using Mickey's code, or a variation of it, in the worksheet
code module of the sheet you are interested in.  To put any
Private Sub Worksheet_event()
code into a worksheet, simply choose it and right-click on its name tab and
choose [View Code] from the list.  That brings up that specific sheet's code
module for use.

If you use the ThisWorkbook object code and the
Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange()
event, the code will work on EVERY sheet that a change is made on as
indicated in the code unless you test to see which sheet had the change
within the code.

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> I will try to describe as best as i can!
>
> Starting in Column A9 downwards there will be a list of system names that
> will updated by the user. From B9 downwards is the new password the user
> enters. C9 downwards is the date the user changed the password, which again
> is enetered by the user. Cell D9 will be locked, but is basically the formula
> =C9+30, and will display the date the password will need changing. This date
> is used by the macro to add the appoinment into outlook calendar. Cell E9 is
> filled in automatically by my original macro which, once the appoinment has
> been added, is filled in with 'Done'.
>
> So when cell C9 date is changed, i want cell E9 to clear, so that when i run
> the macro to add appoinments, which will be as a button, it will spot that a
> cell in column E is empty and add that appointment
Ok i will try that. Is there a way then to get cell E9 to fill when cell C9
is changed?

Thanks for all your help with this
Try the below..

Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab
and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the
right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and try out.

Dim varData As Variant
If Target.Column = 3 Then
If varData <> "" And varData <> Target.Value Then
Target.Offset(, 2).ClearContents
End If
End If
End Sub
varData = Target.Value
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Dan Wood" wrote:

> I do have another question though.
>
> Is there a way to automatically clear the colum 'E' if something in colom
> 'C' is changed?
nice !

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Try the below..
>
> Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab
> and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the
> right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and try out.
>

> Dim varData As Variant
> If Target.Column = 3 Then
> If varData <> "" And varData <> Target.Value Then
> Target.Offset(, 2).ClearContents
> End If
> End If
> End Sub
> Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
> varData = Target.Value
> End Sub
>
> --
> Jacob (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Dan Wood" wrote:
>
> > I do have another question though.
> >
> > Is there a way to automatically clear the colum 'E' if something in colom
> > 'C' is changed?

help with formulas
hello I am designing a spreadsheet with some formulas to be self counting. I am stock for some certains formulas to creat what I would like to acheive, it is difficult to explaind just by writting. It would be easier if I could send an example of my spreadsheet by an attachment. How can I do that ? Hi don't send an attachment. Just try to explain your question in plain text or post some example rows of your data (also in plain text) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B20CBBD3-F6D4-4AED-B635-DD0...

need help with an excel spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area, and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro, can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular cell? Thanks, Russ You don't say whether the recipient would need to edit the data. If not, there are numerous programs available (free, shareware and commercial) which enable print output to be stored as a PDF file. Another option would be to c...

Macro warning with no macros

Accessing a 97 database with Access 2000- HELP!
Here is my situation. I have a database that was created in Access 97. It has never been converted yet over to Access 2000. When I try to open the database, I get the usual message of "Do I want to convert the database or just open it" I choose open the database. As soon as I choose this, an error message comes up that says Record is Deleted. I found one article on the Help site that deals with this message but it refers to a networked Access 2000 database. It talks about using the Repair function. I did try the repair function on the 97 version but it did not get rid of th...

Conditional Formula
Hello, I would like some help in evaluating the value of a cell that falls within a certain range. For example: If A2 is less than 1 and greater than 10 "TRUE" Your help is appreciated. Ed Hi Eduardo do you mean if A2 is less than 1 OR greater than 10??? if so format / conditional formatting formula is =OR($A2<1,$A2>10) or if you mean greater than 1 and less than 10 =AND($B1>1,$B1<10) Cheers JulieD "Eduardo" <Eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00BD63BC-81A8-41B9-86F0-BAE57246B86C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I would li...

Macro

Macro

HELP !!
I have a long long column of company names ie Company a Company b Company c But some of them are duplicated ie Company a Company b Company b Company b Company c Company c Company c How can I do a count on these companies so that I'm only provided with a count of each individual company name. (rather than the duplicates as well). So the count for the list of duplicates above would be '3'. Any one help???? Regards Dave =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A7,A1:A7)) This formula must be array entered - You must press ctrl+shift+enter (as opposed to just hitting enter) after inserting the...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Help with an update
Somebody can tell me why i cant installe update Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I tried to installe update many times but dont work . What i can do...can help me? Thank you. Copied announcement from MowGreen To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing...

Protected sheets and running macros

Lists
Okay I am new to excell bar drawing little spreadsheets to do my own financing. I am currently setting up a sheet and need the users to be able to select from a list of options only and not input thier own text - does that make sense? also i ahve 12 names on the list and one master with all on - would like the data entered on to a names list to be automatically entered onto the master or vice versa which ever is easiest. sorry if this sounds jumbled but i am totally lost and this has to look really hot for work! regards Kelly - England Hi Kerry, don't know a great deal on forms ...

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Tracking Sheet help.
Sheet 3 of my workbook is a tracking sheet. In cell B8 (sheet 3) I enter the amount of time's that I've made an entry of time on sheet 2. The times I enter on sheet 2 are used to track vehicles that are passing a set location. On sheet 2 I enter the times in column D. The vehicle's I count have numbers to ID them in column F. The numbers look like 401N1501, 401N1514, 401S1516, 401S1600. The part of the number I need to associate with my count is the first four digits, 401N, 401S. Is it possible to do this? Yep, use a sumproduct function to count using the left 4 digits as...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

Please Help Me Secure My Form Results!!!
I have a FP 2003 form on a SSL page that contains confidential information. I would like to send it to a password protected page that my other employees can access with a unique username/password and then print the form results. I currently send it to the _private folder in formatted text– but I am the only one who can access it-- through FP. I tried to setup a subsite – but the Browse button in FrontPage Form Results does not see the subsite. I have tried other forums and paid for advice from “experts” on other sites – but no one seems to be able to tell me exactly how this ...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...