Macro error after switching from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003

My company recently switched from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 and now a macro I
created does not work.  It gives me the error 1004 and highlights the line of
code where I set it up to open certain files in a folder.  This macro has
been working for 6 months without fail and only has problems opening the
Excel files I created after the switch to 2003.  Any help would be
appreciated.
0
Burnham (1)

Without any other info the only suggestion is to see if your sheets
have different names.
For example, a statement like:

Sheets("Feb Sales").Cells(i, j+5) = k

might cause a 1004 error if the new workbook does not have a sheet with
this name. Otherwise you need to post the code.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

0
vezerid (64)

FRX 6.7 SP2 and Windows Server 2003 SP1
FRX 6.7 SP2 stops working when Windows Server 2003 SP1 (Updates has been installed. Is FRX 6.7 compatible with Windows Server 2003 SP1. Has someone encountered this issue before. Thanks Elmer ...

Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening
Hello Everyone below, my issue with excel 2003: When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls", needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in the same directory. a. mainfile.xls b. datafile1.xls c. datafile2.xls d. datafile3.xls In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....), to calculate various figures using my data files. My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot ret...

Outlook 2007 send/receive error
Using Win XP-Pro. Was using Outlook Express for email. Installed Outlook 2007 this morning and imported addresses and files from Express. Everything seemed to work fine until I attempted to send/receive. Got error message (0x8007000E) "out of memory or system resources". Cleaned off all extraneous files and significantly reduced folder storage amounts. Have run all diagnostics that I can find with no problems identified. Have checked my internet connections and everythng worked fine. Problem seems to be with Outlook. Would appreciate any suggestions for correction of problem. ...

KDC Error #2
Hi I am confuss and unable to figure out which SPN is duplicated. Please help. The message generated by LDP as follows: CN=SERVER, OU=Domain Controllers, DC=ems,DC=local 1> name: SERVER 1> canonicalName: ems.local/DomainController/SERVER >>Dn: CN=KavernTan,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness, DC=ems,DC=local 4> objectClass:top;person,organizationPerson;user; 1>cn:kavern Tan 1>distinguishedName:CN=Kavern Tan,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness, Dc=ems,Dc=local 1>name:Kavern Tan 1>canonicalNamw: ems.local/MyBusiness/Users/SBSU...

Macro warning with no macros

Exporting [contacts] from 2003 to 2000 or 2002
I am trying to import an Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2002 but get an invalid file format. You would think that being only one version apart that it would be no problem. Any ideas? You haven't been paying attention then. The default format for PST files changed in Outlook 2003. It is one of the biggest and most well documented changes. You'll have to create a PST file in the old format in Outlook 2003 for older versions to have access to them. File > Hew > Outlook Data File... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Raul Calzada" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

Macro

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library
I have a spreadsheet containing 7 userforms and 9 modules. The spreadsheet has been developed on the same computer for a number of years and remained stable. However, I now want to make some amendments to one of the userforms. Whenever I make any changes to the UserForm_Initialize statement (even entering a blank space), I get the compile error 'can't find project or library'. Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to stop it. ...

Macro

XmlSchemaSet Compile error ?
Here under 4 schemas i'm working with ( it may be long: sorry...) The context is the following : Resident.xsd imports Person.xsd and includes Common.xsd ( anonimous schema: no TargetNamespace ) Person.xsd includes Common-Naming.xsd ( anonimous schemas ) Common-Naming.xsd includes common.xsd ( both are anonimous schemas ) Compilation of Resident.xsd raise the following exception: "System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: The attribute 'oid' already exists...." That is wrong : the schemas are valid and well done ( Xml-Spy ). The problem seems to be that Common.xsd app...

Run macro automatically.

Reporting Services 2000 with CRM
Is it possible to set up reporting services 2000 on a new server, when ther current system we are using has crm 3.0 that currently has reporting services 2005 on the same server and using a sql server 2005 on a seperate server? As long as the other server is a memeber of the same active directory domain. If you are using SBS2003 for CRM, then the other machine for SQL Server 2005 cannot be running its own active directory primary controller. ...

Drive Configuration for Exchange 2003
I currently have exchange 2003 installed on a windows 2003 server. Exchange is installed on the c: drive which is a 40gb drive. We are in the earlt implementation stages of exchange, there are no mailboxes set up, no public folders, its is basically just a clean install of exchange at the moment. We also have a d: drive which is 200gb, i want to put all the mailboxes and all the public stores on the d: drive as a fear that the 40gb drive will fill up quite quickly once we start using exchange fully. How can i change the mailbox and public store, and anything else that will take up a...

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Attached Toolbars Macros

sbs 2008 launcher error
just loaded sbs 2008. when i run either the http://connect or launcher i get the errror 'an error occurred while downloading the connect computer application. please run this application again.' i tried this on both a vista and xpp client. i have been reading a few post on this but no solution found. any suggestions? Thanks. -- sgman ...

Where is the template wizard add-in download for excel 2003 stude.
Where is the template wizard add-in download for excel 2003 student/teacher version? Tools/Add-ins does not list the Template Wizard as an add-in. Try the one for 2002, there isn't anyone for 2003 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "eliz" <eliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:575392FF-2393-4D46-9151-4DB7141C8325@microsoft.com... > Where is the template wizard add-in download for excel 2003 student/teacher > version? Tools/Add-ins does not list the Template Wizard as an add-in. Note : the installer is not working in 2003 You must copy the xla file fr...

Protected sheets and running macros

Error when moving mailbox

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Saving in 2003 Excel
I am currently taking Excel 2002 in college. The software I have loaded is 2003 but my Professor is running 2002. Can someone tell me how ot save in 2003 so the Professor can read in 2002? Hi Terry! Just save normally. You version challenged Professor will be able to open it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Same file format, no problems.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Terry" <our.email@fuse.net> wrote in message news:384d...