Macro Error #4

I have Excel linked into Word to create financial
statements, but on my laptop only, I get an error message
every time I open Excel financial statements as follows:

"Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module:
ThisWorkbood"

I don't know what this means or how to fix.  Blank Excel
spreadsheets are fine.  It's only on my laptop and only
with financial statment files.

Any ideas?

Hi Kyle
maybe you have created a macro in this specific workbook. Try the
following:
- open your workbook (with macros enabled)
- hilt ALT - F11 to open the VBA editor
- doubleclick on the entry 'ThisWorkbook' in the left explorer window
for you workbook
- check/delete all code in this module (in the editor window)
- close the VBA editor
- save this workbook (make a backup copy prior to this)
- close this workbook and try again

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Kyle Konopasek wrote:
> I have Excel linked into Word to create financial
> statements, but on my laptop only, I get an error message
> every time I open Excel financial statements as follows:
>
> "Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module:
> ThisWorkbood"
>
> I don't know what this means or how to fix.  Blank Excel
> spreadsheets are fine.  It's only on my laptop and only
> with financial statment files.
>
> Any ideas?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
3/3/2004 12:11:16 AM
Something that is being opened is causing trouble.

It could be an addin checked in Tools|Addins or a file in your XLStart folder
(or if you are using tools|options|General|"Alternate Startup File location", it
could be in there.)

(Not many use the alternate startup file location, so try erasing that value
from that box in excel--don't delete the real folder.  If that fixed it, you're
done.)

If not, your task will be to uncheck everything in tools|addins, remove all the
files from the XLStart (and alternate startup location) and start adding things
back one by one.

And restart excel between each change--until you find the culprit.

Chip Pearson has some additional notes to help diagnose this kind of problem at:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Macro warning with no macros

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Atom Z530 + US15W/SCH. USB problems with "Unified BSP v2.4 for Intel Architecture"
Hello, I'm trying to use "Platform Support Package for Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 supporting Intel Chipsets ver 2.4", to create our Windows CE 6.0 image. There are a lot of problems with the USB ports that are not present under other OSes (for example XP). Some USB device is not detected at boot. After this error, the port is not available for hot-plugging other devices. Unfortunately, if I just just use the debug version of the UHCI or EHCI drivers, the problems disappear! So, is anybody using this BSP? Are there differences between US15W UHCI ports and ...

KDC Error #2
Hi I am confuss and unable to figure out which SPN is duplicated. Please help. The message generated by LDP as follows: CN=SERVER, OU=Domain Controllers, DC=ems,DC=local 1> name: SERVER 1> canonicalName: ems.local/DomainController/SERVER >>Dn: CN=KavernTan,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness, DC=ems,DC=local 4> objectClass:top;person,organizationPerson;user; 1>cn:kavern Tan 1>distinguishedName:CN=Kavern Tan,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness, Dc=ems,Dc=local 1>name:Kavern Tan 1>canonicalNamw: ems.local/MyBusiness/Users/SBSU...

Outlook 2007 send/receive error
Using Win XP-Pro. Was using Outlook Express for email. Installed Outlook 2007 this morning and imported addresses and files from Express. Everything seemed to work fine until I attempted to send/receive. Got error message (0x8007000E) "out of memory or system resources". Cleaned off all extraneous files and significantly reduced folder storage amounts. Have run all diagnostics that I can find with no problems identified. Have checked my internet connections and everythng worked fine. Problem seems to be with Outlook. Would appreciate any suggestions for correction of problem. ...

Macro

XmlSchemaSet Compile error ?
Here under 4 schemas i'm working with ( it may be long: sorry...) The context is the following : Resident.xsd imports Person.xsd and includes Common.xsd ( anonimous schema: no TargetNamespace ) Person.xsd includes Common-Naming.xsd ( anonimous schemas ) Common-Naming.xsd includes common.xsd ( both are anonimous schemas ) Compilation of Resident.xsd raise the following exception: "System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: The attribute 'oid' already exists...." That is wrong : the schemas are valid and well done ( Xml-Spy ). The problem seems to be that Common.xsd app...

Macro

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library
I have a spreadsheet containing 7 userforms and 9 modules. The spreadsheet has been developed on the same computer for a number of years and remained stable. However, I now want to make some amendments to one of the userforms. Whenever I make any changes to the UserForm_Initialize statement (even entering a blank space), I get the compile error 'can't find project or library'. Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to stop it. ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

sbs 2008 launcher error
just loaded sbs 2008. when i run either the http://connect or launcher i get the errror 'an error occurred while downloading the connect computer application. please run this application again.' i tried this on both a vista and xpp client. i have been reading a few post on this but no solution found. any suggestions? Thanks. -- sgman ...

Protected sheets and running macros

Error when moving mailbox

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

NDR 4.4.7
The email sent has an 3mb excel file attachment with macros and links. The remote server admin says the email is not reaching their server. I can email a 2mb .pdf or 3mb excel file with no macros or links to the same individual and he receives the email fine. The administrator at the other end says it is not their servers...how can I convince him - will message tracking give me enough. Also, I can send the 3mb excel file with macros and links to other exchange servers without an issue Tracking won't give you information. Turn up message logging and look in there. "Cindy&q...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...