Macro does not run when data refreshed

I set up a worksheet at work that queries our lab
information system for incomplete high priority orders.
The results of the query are display in order by age,
oldest to newest. The Data Range Properties is set to
refresh the data every 2 minutes and overwrite existing
cells with new data and clear unused cells.

After new data is imported there is a Visual Basic macro
that compares the time of each order to the current PC
time and changes the color of the text from green to
yellow to red as the order ages. All of the works great.

I've recently duplicated this worksheet at a second
hospital lab and at that site the query works fine and the
macro works as expected when it's run manually. However
the macro does not run automatically when the data is
refreshed.

The only difference I can find between the two worksheets
is on File->Properties->Contents. The worksheet that works
as expected (macro runs whenever data is refreshed) shows
the Contents as:
Worksheets
           Sheet1
  Named Range
           Query from MSQLLAB
The worksheet that does not run the macro when the data is
updated does not have the Named range.

What is causing the second worksheet not to recognize the
refresh of the data as a change in the worksheet? Both
worksheet have security set to low and niether PC is run
virus protection software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

0
lehman1 (1)

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Attached Toolbars Macros

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

how do I calculate a running average?
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Cym M. Share 5.46% 4.63% 0 Cym TRX 130 110 ADD TRX 2,381 2,377 TRX Needed 129 128 Difference 1 -18 Total Needed -17 Avg SOM I want to calculate Avg SOM cell. I eter new data each week and want a running average of Cym M. Share. I can't figure it out how to make it work. Assuming your first Cym M. share is in B2: =AVERAGE($B2:B2) then copy across the columns. "JBilly" wrote: > Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 > Cym M. Share 5.46% 4.63% 0 > Cym TRX ...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

money runs very slowly
I have Money 2002 Deluxe and professional and it runs slower and slower all the time. Is there any way to get the software to run at the speed it used to? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Joe" <joe...

IMAP header refreshing
I'm using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro to check my gmail account via IMAP. Every so often, I'll go to the folder to check a new message, and it'll decide to reindex all my headers. There's about 12k of them, so it takes a bit of time. Is there any way to stop this? I'd like to have the full archive there, but the vast majority of the time I only want the last 24 hrs. ...

Duplicate Data
One main form with two subforms (linked by ProjectID), first subform is for data entry, the second just allows the user to view what has been saved from the previous subform. The subform allows users to report on a month basis by selecting a month in a combo box [PeriodID]. I would like to add some code in the Befire Update event that checks the PeriodID for a match before it is saved. Can someone help me with the code please, I have tried various DLookup snippets of code from this site, but nothing is working as the code does not really suit my purpose. regards Maybe t...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Run a program through Outlook . . .
Dears, How to run a program from outlook? As example , i need to run Firefox in outlook. Thanks & Regards,, ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

retrieving data from a table on a website
There is a internet page with chemical data : http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twQ35hFIq-y0N84xQ5l0ICQ&output=html It has chemicals in the first column and proerties in adjacent columns. Is there a way to have a userform lookup a chemical in a textbox from the websites 1st column and then populate other textboxes with the adjacent data from the table? Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger On Jan 18, 9:59=A0am, Roger on Excel <RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There is a internet page with chemical data : > > http://spreadsheets.googl...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Linest Poly Array using data horizontally
All of our metrics store data horizontally, meaning Months (x) are stored by column and data series (y) are stored in rows below the months... Mo: 1 -- 2 -- 3--4 -- 5 Data 31 -- 33 -- 36 -- 38 -- 39 When I apply any Order Poly Linest() array on the data set, I get errors. Tranpose the data vertically and the Linest() array works. Any advice? I expect you had something like =LINEST(B3:K3,B2:K2^{1,2}) but the comma between 1 and 2 is appropriate for vertical (columnar) data. For horizontal data (data in rows) you need a semicolon (I hope you are using an English version of XL!!) as in =...

Retrieving Data
I have a table on one worksheet with all my data on it. eg. 'Sheet 1' Date Details Fault RestoreTime I need to autmatically extract the data (records) matching a certai criteria on 'Sheet 2'. So basically filter the data on sheet1 by criteria set on sheet2 an get it copied to sheet2 automatically. Is this possible? Thanks Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Looks like Data/Filter/Advanced Filter will do just what you want. You put a criteria range into a range of cells consisting of fieldname with criteria below. Please see Exel Help under "...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...