MACRO - copy rows based on value in column to another sheet

Any help would be greatlyi appreciated.

I need a macro that copys rows on a spreadsheet to another spreadsheet based
on the value thats in the B column. For example, b4 has "RES" as the value,
so i want row 4 to go to the first available line on the RES sheet. If it had
"BOB" as the value, i would like it to go to the BOB sheet on the first
available line. I would like to be able to do this with the entire sheet.
Thanks!
0
a9969 (81)

Is this a repetitive task? If not, you can use Data/AutoFilter, then copy the
displayed rows to the appropriate sheet, then go on to the next name.

Or sort by column B and copy a section at a time.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:05:02 -0800, Michael A <Michael
A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Any help would be greatlyi appreciated.
>
>I need a macro that copys rows on a spreadsheet to another spreadsheet based
>on the value thats in the B column. For example, b4 has "RES" as the value,
>so i want row 4 to go to the first available line on the RES sheet. If it had
>"BOB" as the value, i would like it to go to the BOB sheet on the first
>available line. I would like to be able to do this with the entire sheet.
>Thanks!

0
anonymous (74719)

Another address list ?
Hi - I am running Exchange 2003 on Win2003 SBS edition. Could someone tell me whether it is possible to have another address list which exists separate to the GAL ? So for example if you compose a new message and click on the To button, I would like the users to see the GAL and also another entry underneath saying "External Emails" which will have the external user email addresses in it" How do you go about doing this ? Thanks in advance You would create this in the Address Lists container in Exchange System Manager. "Edward" <dont-mail@me.com> wrote...

Macro warning with no macros

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

Yet another timers-and-threads question
I've got a requirement to be able to set a timer and be told when it expires, eg by a callback. SetTimer with WM_TIMER is not generally useful, as you have to have a window, and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have windows. SetTimer with callback function is not generally useful, as it's not sufficient that there's a message pump somewhere in the *application*, there has to be a message pump in the *thread* that calls SetTimer (well documented, that, not), and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have message pumps. CreateWaitableTime...

Macro

Removing Duplicate Values
Hello all I have a column of data made up of 100 cells. Some cells have a unique value and others the same value. Using a formula in another column, is there a way I can be left with just a list of unique values e.g. if X comes up 3 times in the original column how can I show it just once in another? I know I can use remove duplicates in excel but I don't want to as I don't want to have to use macros thanks -- James. Hi, take a look to CPearson web http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx at the end of the page there is a link as well theat will ...

Macro

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Protected sheets and running macros

Cannot insert new rows
I am running excel 2007 and I have 23 worksheets in a workbook. I have no links or hidden rows or colums. My biggest sheet is A1: AW8096. I use VB macros to add lines and move data from one set of workbooks to this one. I have built several sheets using this proceedure. All of a sudden I get the error "Cannot shift objects off sheet" when I run a routine I have 50,000 times. I have checked to make sure there are no hidden comments, row or columns. I have deleted most of the worksheets and I still get the error. I have made copies of the workbook and used different file ...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

Trend Line constants as Excel Cell Values
I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel Cells. Are there formula's to do this? Equation is Y = Ax(2) + Bx + C. I want the value of A,B and C in seperate cells. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Thanks -- Ken Hi Ken, Supposing your x-range is in A2:A10, and y-range in B2:B10, select a 3-column x 1-row area and enter the following formula and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B10,A2:A10^{0,1,2},0,) Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Ken" wrote: > I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel &g...

Turn off auto adjust of row heights
I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products. I have set row heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows. Every now and then my row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL. I have turned off word wrap I have locked/protected my sheet. How can I stop EXCEL automatically readjusting row heights at its discretion. Thanks ...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...