macro button refers to prev. workbook?

Hi,

When I create a macro in Excel, and assign a button to it, it works
fine the first time, but when I re-open the workbook for a second
time, and try to run the macro again, the macro seems to refer to the
previous workbook...For some reason, the macro saves the name of the
previous workbook...

Sub test()
'

Dim name As String
Dim adress As String

Sheets("sheet1").Select
Range("A1").Select

name = ActiveSheet.Range("B6").Value
adress = ActiveSheet.Range("B4").Value

    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp\" & name
& "_map" & adress & "_"  & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="",
WriteResPassword:=""

MsgBox ("done")
End Sub

maybe somebody can help?
thanks in advance,
Maja
0
majagr77 (1)

Hi,

maybe you can try another way to do the same task taht
you are looking to perform:

Perhaps the reason is that you are saving a copy of your
file, bout your first file is different of the copy.
Maybe if you save the first file before you save a copy
of it, the first one and the second will be the same

gook luck,

Leonardo.
0
leocantu (2)
9/12/2003 4:01:08 PM
If you use a commandbutton from the controltoolbox toolbar, it might be easier.

But you don't assign a macro to these.  Just double click on it and you'll be
taken to where the code should be placed.

But you can just call your old macro from that code:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Call Test
End Sub

Or you could assign the macro to the button again.

	worksheets("sheet1").buttons("button 1").onaction _
	     = thisworkbook.name & "!test"

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Stupid 'Copy' button
Hi, Why does RMS preserve quantity and commited values & serial numbers (amongst others) when you are use the 'copy' function for setting up a new code - this is crazy!!!! Is there an SQL script available I can use to set the correct committed values for any items which have been created by the 'copy' button? I am going to have to tell the customer perform a physical inventory to get the quantity on hand values correct - but committed is more important to fix straight away as they use this for ordering purposes. Can anyone help me? Regards, Jason. ...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Shaded buttons
As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? Using Access 2007, by the way "So Call Me Crazy" <SoCallMeCrazy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made > them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that > with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? There's...

Manual check payment (apply button grayed out)
Hi all, This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is unavailable. The company has a functional curreny of USD, the vendor and checkbook id are in GBP. The company has access to GBP currency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. On May 27, 12:42=A0am, rev1976 <keviny...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter= a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is un= ava...

what does "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" mean?
I get this message dialog box when I try to change the source data in an excel file chart. However, I don't undertand why it occrus. My intention is not to add any "font" data but just to change the source data reference of the chart. does anyone know WTF is up here?! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "NaridaRovi" <NaridaRovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B50E2E3-A661-4FA1-B604-3...

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Shared Workbook #14
How do I set up the files so that a file in the public drive (Read-only) would be a mirror imgage of the file in the personal drive? Would a shared workbook work? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Tom ...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...