Macro, being taken to Macro text when execution

I am using the below  code to color code the names if they appear in th
cells below the heaing Pilot, when I execute the macro I am taken t
the macro with the End Sub highlighted.  Not sure what I am doing wron
here, any help is appericated.

Sub Colorcells()
For Line = 150 To 1 Step -1
If Pilot = "Lyon" Or Pilot = "Post" Or Pilot = "Hall" Or Pilot
"Cabot" Or Pilot = "Baganai" Or Pilot = "Cline" Or Pilot = "Goldfein
Or Pilot = "Fink" Then
Cells(Line, 7).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 5
End If
End Su

One way:

Sub ColorCells()
' name the column as "Pilot"
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In Intersect(Range("Pilot"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
    If Cell = "Lyon" Or _
       Cell = "Post" Or _
       Cell = "Hall" Or _
       Cell = "Cabot" Or _
       Cell = "Baganai" Or _
       Cell = "Cline" Or _
       Cell = "Goldfein" Or _
       Cell = "Fink" Then
            Cell.Font.ColorIndex = 5
    End If
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Regards

Trevor

"RudeRam >" <<RudeRam.16tjou@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am using the below  code to color code the names if they appear in the
> cells below the heaing Pilot, when I execute the macro I am taken to
> the macro with the End Sub highlighted.  Not sure what I am doing wrong
> here, any help is appericated.
>
> Sub Colorcells()
> For Line = 150 To 1 Step -1
> If Pilot = "Lyon" Or Pilot = "Post" Or Pilot = "Hall" Or Pilot =
> "Cabot" Or Pilot = "Baganai" Or Pilot = "Cline" Or Pilot = "Goldfein"
> Or Pilot = "Fink" Then
> Cells(Line, 7).Select
> Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 5
> End If
> End Sub
>

> ---

Trevor9259 (673)
5/25/2004 5:45:22 PM
Trevor,

Thanks for the help.  Worked like a char

You're very welcome

"RudeRam >" <<RudeRam.16tpma@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Trevor,
>
> Thanks for the help.  Worked like a charm
>

> ---

Trevor9259 (673)

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Why do legacy checkboxes freeze text fields in Word 2007?
If you use "Legacy Controls" checkboxes in Word 2007 and you have plain text or rich text fields, when you protect the document it will freeze you out of text fields after you select a checkbox. It only seems to do this with more than four or five check boxes and more than four or five text boxes. Help, anyone? Legacy fields require the document to be protected. Word 2007 content controls require it to be unprotected, thus the two are incompatible in the same document. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

create a formula by using text from other cells
I need to effectively use multiple If/Vlookup functions. i.e. if it's Oranges, Lookup price history in "oranges worksheet". But I have too many categories to search in so this is not possible. So I had another solution, but can't make it work... In this case I am using a VLOOKUP formula and want to use one cell to search on (a1) and another cell to tell it which spreadsheet to search in (Sheet2) i.e. =Vlookup(a1,'[WorkbookData.xlsx](CellA2 i.e.Worksheet Name),2,False) So is there a way to create a formula that uses text from another cell? INDIRECT is yo...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

What is CV text?
Can someone tell me what CV text is? Do you mean CSV, comma separated values? -- HTH RP "Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED97A150-9075-4251-8739-1E73F647527C@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me what CV text is? And if you did mean CSV (comma separated values), then the name is pretty descriptive. But if you start a new test workbook and populate a bunch of cells with dummy data, then save it as a .CSV file. Then close excel. And open that .csv file in NotePad to see what it looks like. There are lots of programs that don't tal...

Transferring Text
I need to be able to send data from one worksheet to another. Sheet 1 is the master and only sheet where data is entered. I have found out all cells have to be set to "Text" - which is not a problem. Sheet 1 Column A is Name Column B is Date of Birth Column C is the Surgery's name Is there a way that when the Surgery name is entered in say C5 the row's Name and Date of Birth can be sent to the next vacant row in say Sheet 3. Because of the number of surgeries, it is not possible to set them up to receive data from Sheet 1 - which is much easier, of course. I thought o...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Macro that password protects a sheet

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Converting TOC to Text
I cut and paste text from a table of contents into a Word 2003 document. It is very lengthy and I'd rather not re-type the whole long list, since it would take a very long time. However, the TOC formatting is still in the document and I can't get rid of it. I can't include hyperlinks or change font color as a result. I've tried clearing all formatting without effect. Anyone know how to convert a TOC into text? Thanks! Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Max text chrs in cell length
I am aware that I can specify, using validation, that a specific cell can have a maximum number of characters. However this only brings up an error message and gives the option of cancel or re-try. Is there a way of stopping the text being typed at the moment the number of characters reaches the desired maximum number without the need to retry or cancel? Hi AFAIK this is not really possible as no macro an run while editing a cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mickjj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:37b501c4aaf0$6415cdc0$a...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Email text disappears when click save
Text entered on an email disappears when we click save, even when using the Administrator account. ...