Lotus Files

I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open.  They are
{filename}.123 files.  How can I open them in Excel?
anonymous (74725)

Excel does not have a filter for .123 files so you have to convert them to a
format Excel can read, like XLS or WK4, in 1-2-3 itself, or get a conversion
program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Dianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open.  They are
| {filename}.123 files.  How can I open them in Excel?

jrrech (1933)
9/9/2004 8:51:20 PM
Excel will open .wk4 files but not .123.  You'll need to
save them as .wk4 in 123 before opening in Excel.

Opening a file
Hi guys, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with what I think is a relatively simple procedure. I am creating a process that requires the user to open a file (I'm not sure where it will be saved), and then the code will simply copy some data out of this selected file into the template document. I currently have: Public Sub ImportData() Dim curfolder As String Dim filename As String Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A1:ED1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Application.GetOpenFilename filename = Dir(curfolder) Workbooks.Open filename Range(&...

Lotus Transition
I have excel 2002 loaded on one of my computers. Being a former lotus user, I found it easy to shift to excel given that by going to tools-options-transition and clicking lotus help, I could press "/" and get the lotus help screen with all of the familiar commands. I just obtained a laptop that has 2003 excel installed. This option to make the "/" button bring up lotus help has been removed. Is there any add-on anyone knows up that will re-capture the ability to call up the lotus help screen that's a part of excel 2002? ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

file comparison
How can I identify files changes (data) between an old vs. new Excel file? Depends on what you mean. If you mean compare two worksheets address by address (a1 with a1, x99 with x99, etc), then Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have developed a compare that's very nice. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla rwm_hh wrote: > > How can I identify files changes (data) between an old vs. new Excel file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Lotus Domino
Were do you obtain an Outlook 2003 connector for Lotus Domino Server? ...

Saving Excel file sequentially
I have a "template" Excel workbook that, whenever I save it, it must be saved with a unique and sequential file name. How can I achieve this by means of macros or is there any other way of automating this function? You'll have to keep track of the last number used some how. If the template is used by lots of people, you could have a text file in the same folder that keeps track. If it's only used by you, maybe you could store that number in your windows registry. You may want to look at how J.E. McGimpsey does it: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html He ...

Convert Excel+VBE file to VBA Professional file
I used VBE to develop a simple program by using Microsoft Excel as its database. However, there are some limitations such as the file is in ..xls and cannot be saved as a .exe file. How could I get the same result by using Visual Basic Professional? What can I do to convert the file into VBA forms but still using Excel as its database? Do I have to develop the program again? Only when the whole program is done did I realized that I can't save it as .exe file. Any suggestion? Thank you in advanced ...

Vista freezes when copying files to external hdd
Hi all, recently I have been trying to back up all my movies pics etc to a Lacie 1tb external hdd. We have had it for a while, it worked fine for a month, then we started experiencing difficulties with it and it remained in the too hard basket until now. Basically, I am running vista home premium premium on a Dell inspiron 6400 with 2gig ram (bought separately to improve performance). When when copying files to the hdd windows simply freezes. Anyone know of a fix for this? It's driving me nuts! -- Cammo7447 "Cammo7447" <Cammo7447.5ebaaa3@vistabant...

Multi file explorer
I'm working on a little app for my own use, to have a form with multiple "file views" at this point i'm using listboxes, populated with the files from selected folders click a button, add a listbox(control array), select a folder- file list appears typically i have to look at a dozen or so explorers during the day and it's handy to have them all in one form so i don't have to manually resize and reposition lots of windows. i'm wondering if there's a way (api?) to substitute a more windows explorer type view for the list box.(without the too...

Exporting to text file in multiple lines
I have an excel spreadsheet with data set up in four different columns. Sample data below: Start 42, 43 56, 56 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 45 Finish Start 45, 56 78, 34 Finish Start 45, 45 42, 43 Finish Start 78, 34 12, 34 Finish Start 45, 67 96, 23 Finish Start 96, 23 45, 56 Finish Start 56, 56 45, 45 Finish Start 78, 34 78, 34 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 56 Finish I need to export those four columns of data to a text file, but need it to end up in the the following format, with each cell on the next line: Start 42, 43 56, 56 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 45 Finish Start...

Lowering security when Help files don't open.
I just learned something today while, again, not being able to bring up Word's Help files. According to the automatic help pane that tells you how to use Word help, but you still can't open the Navigation Pane (full help that contains looking through the index), one needs to lower his security for ActiveX files in your browser. The one that works is: (Under Changing ActiveX controls and plug-ins) Change Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls from disable to enable. -- 5tulips ----------- ...

excel wont open file
I have just instaled excel , and when i try to open a file it opens i Internet explorer , how can i fix this , what did i do wron -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe /regserver OK....

tax filing
Hello Everyone, I bought MS Money 2004 this year so that I could file my federal tax return for free. Well, I have used hrblock.com now for 3 years (this will be my fourth) and I can not get their site to understand that I am entitled to a free federal filing. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any solutions out there? It is going to cost me an aditional $25 to file my taxes which I thought I didn't have to pay. I have emailed the hrblock support staff with no answer. Jeff BTW, I did use the "Returning Customer" link since I had used hrblock before. I certainl...

Delete emty file names from "recent documents" Excel
I transfered files from Scottrade to Excel to forward to someone ... I removed the files from My Documents to the Recycle Bin, but the file names remain in Excel "Recent Documents" ... how do I remove them? ... there is nothing left in the files. which version of excel. in 2003, turn off the recent file list by unchecking the option under tools/options/general tab -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Touble in Excel" <Touble in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B29D123-88CC-4450-9ED5-B475561C327B@microsoft.com... >I trans...

merge 2 files
Dear All, need ur help again. I have 2 file with different tables. for File A, i have customer Id, name for File B, i have customer Id, Address. now i want to merge 2 file become one. i want to insert address field automatically to file A and parameter customer Id file A = customer Id file B. can you teach me how to achieve that.... thanks reza You can use function"VLOOKUP" to achieve. In file A, input Address, then use formula =vlookup(A2,fileB.xls!A:B,2,0), suppose your customer ID are in column A in both file A and file B, Name and address are in column B....

saving files problem
how come when i am in the process of saving files in any office programs when I browse for the folder to save it, my mouse picks up any title already in that folder when it is opening instead of keeping the title I had given originally. Then I have to restart all over again or rewrite the title by hand again. It picks any title the mouse pointer is hovering over and you don't know where the pointer would appear in the folder. I have search in the mouse settings and nothing stops it. Any clue would be really appreciated -- Thanks to all I am running laptop Dell D800 1 Gg...

Comma-Delimited file convert to worksheet
I would like to open a comma delimited file into a regular worksheet. Hi have you just tried openeing it in Excel. Excel should do the conversion automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cnitadesigner wrote: > I would like to open a comma delimited file into a regular > worksheet. ...

saved over a file
I accidently saved over a file, How can I retrieve a previous version. Unless you have a backup stored somewhere, the original file is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:526101c47411$09769950$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved over a file, How can I retrieve a > previous version. ...

Copying Publisher Files
Hi If this problem is old - or better fixed elswhere please advise. I am using publisher 2000 for a local magazine. To backup I like to copy across the local network (Peer to Peer - no domain). If the file exceeds about 9 Mbytes the copy will fail. I can copy 50 + mytes between the same machines in any other format. Any advice welcome. Keith waterwy.1.webfoot@spamgourmet.com <waterwy.1.webfoot@spamgourmet.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using publisher 2000 for a local magazine. To backup I like to > copy across the local network (Peer to Peer - no domain). &g...

Can't open files by double clicking on them
Recently I have not been able to launch Excel files by double clicking on them, Excel launches but I receive an error that the file cannot be found. However, if I launch Excel first then open the file it works fine. Any ideas? Try the fixes here: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp -- Steve "Don Powell" <DonPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060E6E1C-D3A0-4AB3-BE26-E8D02713FCF3@microsoft.com... > Recently I have not been able to launch Excel files by double clicking on > them, Excel launches but I receive an error that the file...

When Must Lotus be imported To Lotus Before/After
This question is complicated, but one that I will need to do very shortly. I currently have an operating system of Windows 98, and I am wishing to upgrade to Windows XP, Home Edition. Now the complicating part, on Windows 98, I have Lotus SmartSuite 9.0 and the end result is that I wish to have Excel on Windows XP. Must I install a Excel version onto Windows 98 and import my Lotus Files into it, before upgrading, or must this all be done after upgrading? I have a second question as well, and that is must I get Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 which is compatible with Windows XP in order to s...

How to extract info from MSDN files
Hi, I would like to know if there is any mean of extracting information from my MSDn files. I have a list of function name in a file like shown below : InitializeCriticalSection DeleteCriticalSection EnterCriticalSection .... .... and I would like to parse each line and then to retrieve the complete function declarations: void InitializeCriticalSection( LPCRITICAL_SECTION lpCriticalSection ); .... And if it's possible I would like to add a filter since I am only interested by SmartDevice functions (WM5). Is it possible ???? "Vincent RICHOMME" <richom.v@free.fr> ...