Lotus 1-2-3 file #2

How do I convert a lotus 1-2-3 file (bill.123) to Excel
2002?
paul

Hi
I think Lotus has the option to save its file as Excel file. So this
should be the easiest way. AFAIK Excel has not build-in converter for
*.123 files

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

paul wrote:
> How do I convert a lotus 1-2-3 file (bill.123) to Excel
> 2002?
> paul

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/15/2004 5:47:15 AM
I don't have the Lotus 123 program. I have the Excel 2002 program. A friend gave me a Lotus 123 file I need to convert and print out.  It is bill.12
pau
paulnkathy@hotmail.com
0
anonymous (74719)
4/15/2004 6:11:05 AM
If you don't have 1-2-3 you can get Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com to
convert the file.

If you want to send me the file I'll try to convert it.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I don't have the Lotus 123 program. I have the Excel 2002 program. A friend
gave me a Lotus 123 file I need to convert and print out.  It is bill.123
| paul
| paulnkathy@hotmail.com

0
jrrech (1933)
4/15/2004 11:22:27 AM
Send it back to your friend

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: I don't have the Lotus 123 program. I have the Excel 2002 program. A friend
gave me a Lotus 123 file I need to convert and print out.  It is bill.123
: paul
: paulnkathy@hotmail.com

0
nospam202 (664)

E-mail Sheet 1
Is it possible to e-mail to a colleague just Sheet 1 of a workbook? Paul wrote: > Is it possible to e-mail to a colleague just Sheet 1 of a workbook? Just found the answer to my own question in this thread "How do I send an excel document to members of my address book?" ...

Corrupt .mny & .mbf files
Has anyone encountered corruption in their money and/or backup files? If so, how did you solve it? Yes. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c47201c3eeb7$e477d3f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone encountered corruption in their money and/or backup > files? If so, how did you solve it? ...

pfmigrate #2

How do I create a stacked chart based on 2 tables of data?
Hello - I am using Office 2003 I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 2 tables of data, showing the 2nd table as the 2nd data series (column). Stacked charts appear to be fine based on 1 data source but I need it on 2. Any help would be much appeciated. Thanks ...

Linking an Excel File to a Inventory Table
I have an excel file that I need to copy a column from, to update a column in an Inventory Table. Is this possible, how I can accomplish this task? Thanks in advance Unless you want to use VBA to do it, I would import the file into Access and use it to pull in and update the columns. You can then export the data to Excel. Kevin wrote: > I have an excel file that I need to copy a column from, to update a column in > an Inventory Table. Is this possible, how I can accomplish this task? > > Thanks in advance If I am understanding you correctly: You want to copy a column ...

Macro problem #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/16/2005 by jim ' ' Range("B9").Select Selection.Cut Range("F8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F10").Select End Sub Hello How do I get this macro to start where it stops? I want it to cut cell B9 then paste it to cell F8 then move to cell F10, this works over & over. I need this macro to cut a cell then move up one row & to the right 4 columns and paste then move back to where it started then move down 2 rows. Thank You Both below require NO sel...

Missing Emails #3
Exchange 2K3 on Win2K3. Some emails for a user disappeared. She has emails up to Oct 27 4:27am and then Dec 15 5:27pm onwards. All other emails are gone - they are not in deleted folder (tried in recover deleted and nothing there) and they are not in exchange mailbox (checked via OWA). Autoarchive is clicked off - anyway - autoarchive would have taken out emails for entire Oct 27 or Dec 15th. I can hopefully restore the mailbox from backup but would prefer to investigate the cause as this person is senior in the org chart and would not want to have this happen again. Anyone who exper...

How to remove a new field added in CRM 1.2 ???
I just start customizing CRM 1.2 and after adding a New field in Deployement Manager I found that I made a mistake in the Name. Now I can't and I don't know how to remove the field, do I have to delete the newly added field directly in SQL ?? Thanks for your help Regards, Alain Nezer There is no supported way to remove a field one you have added it to CRM. Later versions of CRM will allow you to remove unused fields etc. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Alain Nezer" <a.nezer@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OhtzbRrRFHA.576@TK2MSF...

Charting
A couple of easy - should be, but for the life of me I can't get it figured. Excell 2000 Simple list of 10 sequential numbers witha value for each A B 101 5.5 102 6.9 103 3.5 etc etc I want a graph with 101, 102 103 etc for the X-axis and a simple connected line graph of the various points In my case the actual data in column B are calculated and will be between 0 and 10 If I just select column B and select a line graph, it uses X value of 1,2,3 - and for some reason I can't get it to use the A values as labels I can select A:B with a Line graph, I get 2 series 101...

Adding CRM 3.0 CAL to existing SBS
OK I try it again. Since 4 weeks we are looking for a solution, nobody can face the problem. We have an existing and working installation of CRm 3.0 with 13 customers added. 6 weeks ago my customer deceided to add 7 more Users to the 3.0. (Not a new installation or something like that) After talking with MS we bought 7 CRM 4.0 CAL´s (the 3.0 CAL´s arent available anymore) Now you need a PID th activate a 3.0 CAL (a 4.0 CAL doesn´t have this PID) And now!! SINCE 4WEEKS NOBODY AT MICROSOFT CAN GIVE US THIS KEY. We talked to several Servicehotlines an people arroud the world....

Lotus Transition
I have excel 2002 loaded on one of my computers. Being a former lotus user, I found it easy to shift to excel given that by going to tools-options-transition and clicking lotus help, I could press "/" and get the lotus help screen with all of the familiar commands. I just obtained a laptop that has 2003 excel installed. This option to make the "/" button bring up lotus help has been removed. Is there any add-on anyone knows up that will re-capture the ability to call up the lotus help screen that's a part of excel 2002? ...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Hello, I'm having a little issue. We have US Exchange server and US OWA server. We also have UK Exchange server and UK OWA server. Here is the story: US accounts can login to US OWA and to UK OWA no problems. UK accounts can login to UK OWA, but when try to login to US OWA, it thinks for a good 3 or more minutes and then they get this message: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In the US OWA logs, i get this message for my test account: Successful Network Logon: User Name: ittest Domain: UK Logon ID: (0x0,0x1F686BA) Logon Type: 8 Logon Process: Advapi Authentication Package:...

Moving data from 1 form to another
We use a proposal that has address, phone, company name, proposa number, etc. that I would like to transfer to another exce spreadsheet. I used the "record macro as you go" method to make a quick macro. I works fine but it enters the data over the same line. Not where I hav the cursor! How can I get the data to enter into the current line of the cursor And all the cells to the right respectfully? Any code that you could offer would be of great assistance. Michael _________________ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How do I write in code to get me to the current ...

Out Of Office Assistance #3
Hi, I am Running Active Directory 2003 and Exchange Svr Std 2003 on my Domain. I have setup so users can use the Out Of Office Assistant tool. The Out Of Office Assistance only works on Some user accounts and Not all. All users can activate the Out Of Office Assistance using Outlook 2003 but only a few users are able to send Automatic Replies back. Is this a known issue? If someone has a solution please let me know. Thanks, ...

How do I make a "fuel gauge" type graph (from 1-5) to show data
I want to show discrete data on a "fuel gauge" style chart to show progress on a scale from 1 to 5. For our audience, seeing a needle point to "3" is an effective way to show that we are "half way there" when measuring progress. There is an example at Jon Peltier's web site. http://PeltierTech.com -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Gene Flood" wrote: > I want to show discrete data on a "fuel gauge" style chart to show progress > on a scale from 1 to 5. > For our audience, seeing a needle point to "3" is an effective w...

Saving Excel file sequentially
I have a "template" Excel workbook that, whenever I save it, it must be saved with a unique and sequential file name. How can I achieve this by means of macros or is there any other way of automating this function? You'll have to keep track of the last number used some how. If the template is used by lots of people, you could have a text file in the same folder that keeps track. If it's only used by you, maybe you could store that number in your windows registry. You may want to look at how J.E. McGimpsey does it: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html He ...

Lotus Domino
Were do you obtain an Outlook 2003 connector for Lotus Domino Server? ...

Service Pack 1 question
Exchange 2003. I understand that as a recommended best practice you keep the front-end and back-end exchange servers at the same service pack level, and when you do in fact put a service pack on them that you do the front-ends first. However, I am adding an additional back-end server into the exchane organization at present. Can I go ahead and load SP1 to it without causing any problems with the other servers? SP1 will go on the other servers when I can plan an outage, but since this server is brand new without any mailboxes on it yet, I'd like to go ahead and service pack it. ...

Smart Lists #2
Is there a Smart List that will tell me the Yearly Sales for customers? I basically want the "Customer Yearly Summary Inquiry" window in Smart List form in order to add customer addresses and break up yearly sales by territories. We don't currently have territories defined in GP, so I need to do it off of address. Thank you! -- Sarah Shea It seems you will have to write your own SmartList with SmartList Builder. You can easily create this by adding your SOP History table and summarizing by Customer Number and Bill To Address ID. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MI...

Electronic Document Delivery #3
I have setup Electronic Document Delivery in the Business Portal and am trying to test it. A setup a customer to receive electronic invoices and then created a sale and posted the invoice. However, it does not appear in the Deliver Queue. Any ideas? You need to fulfill the order then it will be available in the que. "MikeWal" wrote: > I have setup Electronic Document Delivery in the Business Portal and am > trying to test it. A setup a customer to receive electronic invoices and > then created a sale and posted the invoice. However, it does not appear in >...

501 #5.1.1 bad address ???
I have clients getting this message sending to our support staff: HOST ADMIRAL NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO FOLLOWING RECIPIENT(S): <SUPPORT@******.COM> MAIL REJECTED BY SALIENT WITH THE MESSAGE: 501 #5.1.1 bad address SUPPORT@******.COM The address is valid, and i also set up an "alias" and they were not able to get to that one either? They are able to email others in our company without any problem. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, Server 2003 enterprise SP1 Thanks in advance Rodney rhalljr <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have clients get...

COUNTIF? #2
Basically I have 13 cells spread out over a spreadsheet that normally have zero values. What I want to do is count the number of them that have non-zero (actually will be greater than zero) values and return that value in another cell. What I was thinking of was using COUNTIF, but that only seems to work for a contiguous range of cells. =COUNTIF (A1:H1, "<0") will count the number of cells from A1 to H1 that have a value greater than zero. My problem is that the cells are non-contiguous. For example =COUNTIF(A1, C1, H1, F1, K1, L1, O1, "<0") does not work. Anyone help...

Problem on SBS 2003
I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following error - Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070003): The system cannot find the path specified Any ideas on what is happening? Thanks Hi, Are you installing on a real server or a virtual machine? Have you tried using different media? Where in the installation do you get the error? //Gustaf "Ted Giesler" wrote: > I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following > error - > > Mi...

Merging 2 excel sheets with numbers and words
I started with one sheet (using Excel 2003) but took a copy home (on a flash drive)to work on and added data (both numbers and "X" 's) - using Excel 2007. I saved the work done at home so Excel 2003 could "read" it. Then, I did some work on the copy my computer at work (BIG mistake!!) So, the problem is: I have some data on my flash drive copy which is not on the work computer sheet, and vice versa. I want to merge the 2 copies - so I cannot replace either one because data will be lost. Options??? Way to do this? (It seems like it will be easier to "Co...

How do I turn this message off? #2
I had to reinstall outlook (Office 2003), and now when I open a message, at the top in the header area, I get a security status message in a shaded background (for example "You are now viewing this message in the Internet Zone"). It wasn't there before, how do I turn this off? Thanks. PS - I originally posted this a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I had to do a new install of Outlook on a different machine, and the security status message referenced above is not appearing on that machine, so there is some setting somewhere that can turn this on or off. But I have not b...