lots of data

Is there any way that when you export so much data that once it fills up all
the 65K plus sections on sheet one, it will automatically flow to sheet two
and so on?

0
lwm11 (1)

I created a stand-alone workbook that will do this for text-delimited files.
I haven't gotten around to csv files yet.  It's a work in progress but if you
are interested let me know at...
--
Gary Brown
deletethispart.gary_brown@ge.com

"lwm11" wrote:

> Is there any way that when you export so much data that once it fills up all
> the 65K plus sections on sheet one, it will automatically flow to sheet two
> and so on?

0
GaryBrown (90)
5/13/2005 5:29:02 PM
I mean 'Tab-Delimited'.  :O>
--
Gary Brown
gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> I created a stand-alone workbook that will do this for text-delimited files.
> I haven't gotten around to csv files yet.  It's a work in progress but if you
> are interested let me know at...
> --
> Gary Brown
> deletethispart.gary_brown@ge.com
>

> "lwm11" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way that when you export so much data that once it fills up all
> > the 65K plus sections on sheet one, it will automatically flow to sheet two
> > and so on?

0
GaryBrown (90)

Protect Data, but allow sorting
Hello, In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow the data to be sorted? In the Protect Sheet command, it indicates that this facility exists, but when I try to do a sort it won't do it until the sheet is unprotected. Pete Make sure that there's an empty column between the range to be sorted and any "adjacent" data. If you have a locked cell butting up to the range to be sorted, excel yells! Pete Walburn wrote: > > Hello, > > In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow > the data to be so...

Moving Data #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets in it. The first worksheet is where I need all information that is entered below 0 zero (Column E) to be pulled to the front worksheet. How can I do this? My worksheets are all set up like this.. 1 A B C D 2 Item # Description Qty on hand Qty needed Orde 3 4 Teletype Paper 0 25 -2 4 5 8.5X11 COPY 2 10 - What I need is everything in co...

Excel 2007 crashes when trying to transfer data from an as400 /ise
Hi Not sure if anyones come across this one, but since upgrading to excel 2007, when tranferring data from an as400, excel crashes. I've pasted the errors from the event viewer below. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: EXCEL.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428263 Fault Module Name: EXCEL.EXE Fault Module Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Fault Module Timestamp: ...

Tying Data to Combo Box
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and have a chart of data with two columns and 15 rows on Sheet2. What I want to do is to create a spreadsheet on Sheet1 that references the two columns of data in Sheet2. I want to create combo boxes on sheet1 which will allow someone to select the values from Sheet2. I know how to use the control toolbox and select a combo box and place it in a cell but I am having trouble tying the combo box to my data on sheet2. Can anyone help? Chuck Hi Chuck check out Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site - i think it might work for what you're after www....

Lots and lots of outlook.exes
A new condition on my PC has allowed the presence of multiple outlook.exe instances, as verified by Task Manager. Outlook itself does not complain, but any routine that includes the creation of an email message (like Acrobat's File | Email command, or Send To Email, or my database's Send Mail function) will return the generic "The Operation Failed" error. I must close Outlook and manually remove all of the extra instances to clear this error. Sometimes, there will be as many as 15 extra instances running -- it's a miracle that Outlook itself runs normally (seemingl...

Outlook Data Collection for A2007
I am trying to set up data collection. Outlook and Access 2007 While in Access I get message: The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007....verify that it is installed....... I am looking for the file name so that I can locate the Add-in. Thanks. Found it........accolk.dll "Tom Ventouris" <tom@pmads.coza> wrote in message news:uiCEP$oYIHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I am trying to set up data collection. Outlook and Access 2007 > While in Access I get message: > The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disab...

How to I incorporate SD from a data series into chart error bars?
I have means of values that are in a line chart. I want to add error bars, however when I add the error bars with SD=1 they all look the same. I know the SD for each mean is not the same. I want to know how to get the error bars to represent the SD of the data set (the set from which the mean was derived) and not all look the same. Set the 'Error amount' option to 'Custom' and specify the range in your worksheet that has the SDs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In ar...

Add data but disallow the deletion of the original data
Hi, Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but disallow them to modify/delete the original data? -- Regards, Adrian lock the cells to be protected>unlock the cells allowing changes>protect sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Adrian" <xinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUrzVeShEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but > disallow them to modify/delete the original data? > > -- > Regards, > Adrian > > Adrian You...

Change data series layout
Hi, I'm trying to change the looks of my pivot charts. More precisely, I'm trying to remove the borders from stacked bars' data series. I managed to remove them for each series manually, but once the selection of items chages, all borders are redrawn again. The best way for me would be to change the standard chart layout for this workbook. Is that possible? Is there any way to prevent Excel from reformatting pivot charts? Greets ...

DATA > TABLE -- 2 variable data tables?
I have an excel s/s and several cells contain the same formula, "{=TABLE(E15,E9)}". How can i find out what TABLE(E15,E9) is doing? I think it's performing some type of calculation. Is it a table array? any help is greatly appreciated. -- efarhat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ efarhat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398705 TABLE is not a standard Excel worksheet function as far as I know. It may be a user-de...

Data Validation based on Optional Inputs
Hi I run W2K with Excel 2K. What I have is a data validation down box which has 2 options. Lets say in cell B8 and the are called "Selection 1" and "Selection 2" Then I have 2nd data validation box (lets say B11) which takes its information from a range name (which is in a different worksheet) Lets say the range name is called "Range 1" Now here is the problem, I have a second list in a separate worksheet which is defined by a range name called "Range 2" I would like the 2nd drop down box to be based on one of the "TWO" range names, d...

OWA public folder data does not match actual data
Viewing a public folder calendar through OWA does not match the contents when viewing it through Outlook 2002 or 2003. If I change an existing appointment or add a new appointment, the data shows up but random existing data does not show up in OWA. Running EX2K3 SP2 on Windows 2K3 SP1 Thanks, Brian How many public folder servers do you have? Are they perhaps looking at different replicas? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "B.E. Jorgenson" <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163007900.164594.135120@h48g...

Excel 2003 Data Sort & Subtotaling not working properly
I am Subtotaling in Excel 2003 and the results are not even close anyone having any issues besides me. My test file is only 35 lines long and 6 columns wide. Do you have the latest patch, there was a bug in subtotal in SR1 but it should hav been fixed if you download and patch it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Roibn L Taylor" <Roibn L Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1E9AF17-F04F-4577-94A8-0B02453EEA67@microsoft.com... > I am Subtotaling in Excel 2003 and the results are not even close anyone > having any issues besides me. My test file is only 3...

How do I send data between 2 exceldocuments? *newbie*
Hi! I'm currently making a table in excel for registing keys. What I want to do is to in a simple way send some data from a few cells to other cells in antother exceldocument. The only function I could find (which works with multiple documents) was the adress()-function but the only thing I get is offcourse the adress. But I want the text stored in the cell, not the adress. Is there a way? sorry for the bad english :)) Hi Excel does not send or push information, it is a "pull" application. Excel works like this: A cell contains either a value (like a text or a number) ...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

Sale of Manufactured Lot Controlled Item did not relieve inventory
GP v9 on SQL 2000 with Manufacturing and Nolan Advanced SOP modules: We created a new lot controlled item then received it into a new lot through an MRC. The inventory when from zero to the 25KG created by the receipt. All on hand was immediately sold through a Sales Order and subsequent invoice. The inventory still shows the 25KG, not zero. The Sales Document, Inventory Transactions and Serial/Lot Trace inquiry screens all show normally (i.e., there is a receipt for 25KG, and a Sale for 25KG, for the lot in question). Transactions flowing to the G/L are normal (i.e. all the ...

split lots
Typically, a split receipt is created when the extended cost is not equally divisible by the received quantity. For example from KB 866321, a split receipt is created if you receive a three-pack of item 5015 when the following conditions are true: • The total cost of the shipment is $10.49 • You typed 3-pack as the unit of measure • The base unit of measure is each. Because Microsoft Great Plains cannot equally divide the extended cost ($10.49) by the quantity of three to determine the cost per base unit of measure (each), two purchase receipt layers that have the same receipt number a...

Pulling data from a big report
I am looking for a way to pull data (ie a specific state's financials) from a huge report that I have. Need a drop tab or something so when I click on State abbrevation it pulls only that states financials from the bigger report? How do I do this??? Hi does data / filter / autofilter give you what you need? if not, how is your data structured? Cheers JulieD "nbeaird_51" <nbeaird_51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1680BE8-07C7-44C4-B856-DA0F1BA1F59F@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a way to pull data (ie a specific state's financials) fr...

Pivot tables lose of data fields when selecting
Having an issue with setting up pivot tables not to lose certain fields if users de-selects some. For example I have muliple column of data. a, b, c, d, e, f The user de-selects d, e, f; The next time they want to see D, E, F. The go back to the drop down menu and only see Show all, a, b, c. Is there anyway I can always keep them so they can reslect the data? I can go back into the wizard and add them back but that is time consuming and tring to teach that to 30 users is a bit tricky. ...

MS Money 2002 Stopped Working For Lots of Us... What is Happening Here?
This incident needs immediate adressing by Microsoft...... I think someone or a group of people are trying to access MS Money accounts to obtain account information. My story: While using MS Money 2002, I had a box pop up that said "Important download has been applied to your MS Money. Please close all applications and reboot"....... There was some additional instructions about opening Money as an administrator once the computer was rebooted to apply the patch. Once I did this, Money no longer started. I tried to re-install, but it was futile. I see lots of people have had this pr...

date type data
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh As far as I know there is no way to do this using the query wizard. '==================================================== John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore Co...

create pivot table for non-normalized data
Hi Folks, I need to create a pivot table based on un-normalized data arranged similar to the following with the objective being to show the total amount of each item that has been sold. Can I get a total count of each item by direct manipulation in a pivot table, or do I need to calculate this first in the source data? date, TxnID, item1, item2, item3 jan1, 1, apple, banana, apple jan2, 2, apple, apple, orange jan3, 3, apple, banana, orange jan3, 4, orange,orange,orange Thanks U can get it direct I dont where ur source data are located by try entering ur example in a spreadsheet and put p...

Making a MsgBox return cell data when search finds different data in an adjacent cell
Thank you for helping me with this in advance. I'm grateful for all the help I've found in these groups. I'm running a macro that is searching a sheet for data. When it finds that data, I need a msgbox to pop up with the data from that column's top cell. I have it searching the sheet and finding the data listed in the search. Because of the possibility of multiple winners, the msgbox will pop up each time someone scores. This macro works fine as it is except I would like to add the winners names to the message boxes. thanks again, JasonK With Worksheets(1).Range(&quo...

How to change an array of data
I am searching for a simple way to change a column of data (numbers) from a vertical layout to a row in a horizontal layout. Does anyone know how I can do this in Excel Hi maybe this will do 1. Select the column and copy them 2. Select your target row 3. Goto 'Insert - Paste Special' and choose 'Transpose' as option HTH Frank Diviseuk wrote: > I am searching for a simple way to change a column of data (numbers) > from a vertical layout to a row in a horizontal layout. > > Does anyone know how I can do this in Excel Use copy and then Paste Special and check T...

click on link in outlook
if i click on a link in an email message i get a error message saying "Cannot Read CAB Data" I am using Office XP Outlook 2002 ...