Lost row height format?

My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets.
He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was
replaced.  When he reopened the file, all of the row
heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a
large financial report, it is a big deal.

Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea
how to fix it.  He swears he did not change any of the
settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows.
Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11.  Now some
are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??.  This happened on
every sheet.

Help!!!

Thanks, Mac
0
tmac4468 (1)

Highlight all the rows(by clicking in the square above the number 1 and to
the left of letter A), then choose from the menu : FORMAT, ROW, HEIGHT, and
enter 11.
==============
"Tim McKay" <tmac4468@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets.
> He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was
> replaced.  When he reopened the file, all of the row
> heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a
> large financial report, it is a big deal.
>
> Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea
> how to fix it.  He swears he did not change any of the
> settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows.
> Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11.  Now some
> are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??.  This happened on
> every sheet.
>
> Help!!!
>
> Thanks, Mac

0
achep (5)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Copying part of Spreadsheet while keeping Columns Widths and Rows Heights
I want to copy part of an existing spreadsheet to a new empty sheet. The normal Copy & Paste do not carry the Columns Widths and the Rows Heights to the new sheet, hence they have to be adjusted manually. Does anyone have a way to make this possible? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In Excel XP, I made this work by doing a sort of a "double copy" Copy what you want, then select Edit, Paste Special, All. That copies the data. (I found t...

Customer Mailing List
Whats the best way to output the customer mailing list so that it doesn't require the entire content to be reformatted before printing out mailing labels? If exporting to a word .doc it lumps everything up in one column. Is there a better way w/out having to virtually reformat/retype all of the customers? Thanx in advance! Rich Export as a CSV, then use Mail Merge to load the fields. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems You can use word mail merge to directly link to the database. No need to run a csv file. mt "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in mess...

How do I copy rows with hidden rows between without unhiding data.
When I hide rows and then go to copy the remaining data to another worksheet some of the hidden data appears and messes up columns that I have totals in. Hi try: - first select your data range - hit F5, click 'Special' and choose 'only visible cells' - now copy + paste -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Biggie J" <Biggie J@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C8E6C1E7-D3ED-41EF-A35D-7E0A990F568F@microsoft.com... > When I hide rows and then go to copy the remaining data to another worksheet > some of the hidden data appears and...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Automatically move row from one tab to another..
He there, I have a question. I'm working on a salessheet. The first tab is a summary of al offers I make to the customers. For every offer I have the option of giving them a status: Pending, acquired and bounced. When I send an offer to a customer the order gets the status pending. What I want to do is the following: When an order is acquired or bounced I change the status accordingly. What I want is that as soon as I change the status the entire orderrow is placed inside a tab named acquired or bounced. I don't want to copy paste everytime an order is "closed" Somebody ...

Decimal place formatting button doesn't work when some cells already have no decimals
Say I have 2 cells w/ values: 35 35.87 If I use the formatting bar button to drop the decimal places, nothing happens, and I get an error tone. My recollection is usually Excel "does the right thing" and will drop the decimals on those cells for what it can (and this is what I want to happen). So in what arcane place to I configure this to work the way I want it to? Thx Dear TrippKnightly I understand you want to show the cells entered as 35 and 35.87 as 35 and 36 respectively? To do this, highlight the cells you wish to format with no decimal points. And go Format/Cells...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Saving a custom format?
Greetings, I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook. Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that workbook. However, the custom format is not available in a new workbook or any other existing workbook. Is there a way to save the custom format so that it is available in any workbook? Thanks! Jim Orson... Hi Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this in your XLSTART folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim Orson wrote: > Greetings, > > I created a custom number format for use on a particular work...

search row
I desire seach all row in a range that have 2 value set with imputbox and copy into an other sheet. Is it possible? ex 2 5 4 7 9 1 4 3 6 5 7 8 9 3 4 9 3 5 7 1 seach and copy 5 4 2 5 4 7 9 1 4 3 6 5 thx for help Sub yqr1() Worksheets("sheet1").Activate Set aaa = Range("a1").CurrentRegion bbb = aaa.Rows.Count ccc = aaa.Columns.Count For i = 1 To bbb Worksheets("sheet1").Activate For j = 1 To ccc If Cells(i, j) = "5" Then a = 1 If Cells(i, j) = "4" Then b = 1 Next j If a = 1 And b = 1 Then Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets("shee...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Macro to merge 3 rows multi times, columns A:K only
I have data in every 3 rows (5,8,11, etc), through column K. I need to keep columns L & M as is. I'd like a macro to merge A5:K7, A8:K10, A11:K13, etc, through a specific number of rows (the max number of rows would change depending on which sheet I was using) . Meaning one sheet would be through row 32 ( the last of the merged rows) another sheet the last of the merged rows would be through row 50, etc. I could identify the max row in a cell if the macro could use that number when it's run. Thanks, Steve ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Formatting concatenated text
It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "u last year") would produce "Sales: up last year". But I want to underline the word "Sales" in the final text string just not any of the other words or characters. Can this be done? Thanks. Tro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this is not possible with formulas. Formulas can only return values but not change formats -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "up >...

why {=product(row(1:10))} gives error?
I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell A1. Why is this? Try: =PRODUCT(A1:A10) instead. 1:10 means all cells of the first 10 rows. In article <e6pIc4mkHHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, > I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell > A1. Why is this? ...

Conditional Date Format.
I would like to conditionally format a date. I have read earlier posts on conditionally formatting numbers but I have been unable to transfer this to dates. Here is what I want and maybe someone out there has done this. If the date is before some cutoff point say 1970, I want the format to be blank, otherwise format the date in RED as m/d/yyyy. Is this doable? Thank you. Kevin You can't blank out the value within the cell using format|conditional formatting. But you could use format|conditional formatting to make the cell look empty--white fill on a white background. Select the ...

Paste number format into Excel?
When I paste numbers from an Access table into Excel XP, Excel does not recognize to the numbers as numbers. When I change the properties of the cell to the number format, it still does not change the cell to the number format. How do I change the default format to recognize number formats? Thanks After you've pasted the data, select a blank cell and Edit/Copy it. Then select the column(s) of numbers and Edit/Paste Special and select the Values and Add options. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:15:08 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I paste numbers from...

Can you conditional format bar and pie charts in Excel 2000?
Hello, I don't know if this is possible in excel 2000 but I figured I woul ask a quick question instead of continuing to spin my wheels on it. I there anyway to automatically conditional format the color of a pie o bar chart. In other words, I have a table of data that is going t change from month to month. The table I am graphing looks like this: Project Size Status Project A $2m Green Project B $.5m Green Project C $1.2m Red The number of projects and status' could change from month to month. want to create a pie (or bar) charts that will auto format the...

seperating rows
i have an excel worksheet that is formatted as such (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line and so on... sometimes there are more than one agent or officer, none of the information can be sorted accurately by column. i want to maintain the data between the blank lines. it must stay...

Excel 2007 weird cond formatting loss in some conditions w/DDE links
Hi. I have experienced a weird and serious loss of data while converting a financial spreadsheet from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I have a lot of conditional formatting in that sheet, and about 100 DDE links that works with a stock quote feed. After the conversion to v. 2007, everything was still there, but I kept losing all the conditional formatting data after closing and re-starting the spreadsheet (never while working on it). This problem repro'ed 100% of the time in the same conditions.. After a lot of trials and errors, I finally enabled the "Prompt user on automatic update fo...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

flag any change made in row
I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1 to ZZ1 is changed. Are there any fucntions that can be invoked to do this or does it require some VBA code? Suggestions would be most appreciated. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You could use an event macro. See JE McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html John Keith wrote: > > I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made > in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1...

Can Excel sort rows by color?
I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Here's a website that will help you accomplish this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm tj "Grant" wrote: > I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Grant, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...