Lost Menu Bar

If done it now - -  I lost my menu bar completely -
it's gone to outter space - how do I get
File,Edit, etc back ???  I've tried to find it in help and
cannot.  Can you please help
0
dlo242003 (1)

Press ALT+F11, Insert > Module, and run this macro:

Sub Restore_MenuBar()
Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = True
End Sub

--
HTH
Jason

0
jason.morin (561)
7/29/2003 2:23:09 PM
Donna,

The following copied from a previous post by Chip Pearson...

John

<snip>
First, trying searching for and removing (or at least moving to another
location) a file with the "xlb" extension.  The name and location will
depend on
a number of things.  Search for *.xlb .

Also, try running the code

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Reset
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
<snip>

Donna wrote:

> If done it now - -  I lost my menu bar completely -
> it's gone to outter space - how do I get
> File,Edit, etc back ???  I've tried to find it in help and
> cannot.  Can you please help

0
jwilson (360)
7/29/2003 2:23:51 PM
If you have any (other) toolbars open, you should be able
to right click any of them. You'll see a list of toolbars
and at the bottom should be "Customize...". Click that.

In the resulting dialog box, click the Toolbars tab,
scroll down and turn on the checkbox for "Worksheet Menu
Bar".

0
nwarnock1 (2)

out look tool bar
I removed the From section on my Outlook tool bar. How do I get it back on the tool bar? Version of Outlook? In 2007, Options tab, Show from button. Try the view menu in older versions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Menu subform
I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command buttons to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to code the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form calls it.maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.Brian This example might help you get there: http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htmIMHO, the the toolbar buttons (for undo, delete, filter, find, etc) and built-in navigation buttons are the simplest and most reliable approach. A custom toolbar ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

4.0 add sub-menu item to 'New Record' menu
Hi all, This should be something easy, but I'm starting to believe it's not... We have created a custom entity, and our users would like to be able to add a 'new' one from the 'New Record' menu on the main CRM page. The Sonoma book on p.283 tells me that this is part of the application menu toolbar, and that I should be able to add new menu items by editing isv.config,... But when I export the isv.config customizations, I don't see any 'New Record' hook... I saw another post that stated that to remove things from this menu was an unsupported customizati...

XY Scatter Charts, High/Low bars, Multiple Series
I am trying to chart the changes in a percentile distribution over a number of years. There are five percentile ranges (99-90%,89-75%, etc.) which have a maximum and minimum value. For analysis it would be helpful to examine these ranges side by side. A chart similar to a stock chart would be able to show the "High and Low" of each range, but this is only good for one data set (in my case years), not 5 to 8 years, which is what I need. So we are probably looking at an XY scatter chart with some high/low (error) bars. Also, on an XY scatter, when just plotting the data, the...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Why no "copy shortcut" on context menu?
In most email programs and web browsers, it's possible to right-click a hyperlink or shortcut and place the URL in the clipboard by selecting "copy shortcut." For some reason, this function has been missing from several versions of Outlook. (I'm using Outlook 2003 now.) Is there something in my settings that's preventing me from doing this? Thanks, Claude See if the freeware add-in CopyURL works? http://www.onlythebestfreeware.com/program.asp?program_id=68 Claude Bitner wrote: > In most email programs and web browsers, it's possible to > right-click ...

Default Menu Bar
I would like to hide or disable the MS Access Menu Bar for people who open the database to enter forms.The menu bar that contains File / Edit/Insert/Records/Window/Help. I was able to disable the max-min buttons etc.. but this is the only remaining menu I can't seem to disable. I don't have a custom menu bar , so using startup will not work for me.. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 You most certainly can, and should hide all of the ms-access interface. The options to complete hide and kee...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

rtf with tool bar
I have one rtf document. Every time I opene it, "control toolbox bar" is opening by default at the left side of document. How can I avoid this? Thanks, Narendar Try holding down the Shift key as you open it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Narendra Boga" <NarendraBoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71BDAA1E-E606-45E0-B51A-6261D671E269@microsoft.com... > ...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

MODIFY a menu of a running MDI Application
Hello. I have a stupid problem with my MDI App. This App manages different CMDIChildWnds. Some of the dialogs have a special menu, that means, it has to be modified before loading, cause in the menu ressource are a lot of menu entries, but i only want to display some of them. So i wrote a method in CMAinFrame::PrepareMenu. In this method i load the current menu and delete all submenues i don't want to be displayed. In the associated CMDIChildWnd::OnMDIActivate i call this method, when a childframe is activated (bActivate == TRUE). This works fine. Now my problem. When i maximize a dia...

use pull down menu to select a picture #2
I use the Combo Box pull down menu buttons a lot. I click on the Box, select an item from the list and the relevant data pops up as expected. How can I make a picture pop up when I select an item from the Combo Box List? please advise I think you would need VBA.The picture would not be in the cell, as shapes exist in a separate layer to the worksheet cells, but you could position it. What you could do is name the logo by the value in the drop-down, and then move that to the required position, move all others away. The problem is that when you select something, you need a way to align t...

Lost my Newsreader in Outlook 2003
Installed Outlook 2003; everything went fine. Added the newsreader to the standard toolbar...ie. Go>>News by clicking on the toolbars ...customize...go...news. this went fine. Shutdown my computer..brought it home. Opened up outlook NO newsreader !! And it's nowwhere to be found on the customize..commands menu. !!! I tried detect/ and repair. I tried resetting all toolbars. Nothing works. Before I completely remove Office 2003 and reinstall I hope someone might have a solution. Regards, Adam Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. --� Milly Stapl...

Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions
Hi! Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call. Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry? Thanks in advance, Michael. Michael, This question was raised a few days back, in this thread http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you could try him for. -- HTH...

Menu item changed event
I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make a selection. I would like to have an event occur (have a method called) each time the selected item in the menu changes. In other words, as the user moves the mouse up and down the menu, as a menu item becomes selected (not clicked, simply highlighted), I would like an opportunity to take an action (such as display information regarding what will occur if the user selects that menu option). Thanks >I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make >a selection. I would li...

How can I add Paste Special to the Word 2007 context menu?
Excel 2007's context menu includes Paste Special; Word's does not. I have frequent need for Paste Special in Word and the many trips to the Ribbon get tiresome. I'd like to know how to add commands to the context menu in general, but a solution for Paste Special is the immediate need. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...