Loosing Leading zeros in CSV file

Hello

How do i stop a CSV file loosing leading zeros.

when the file is in excel format it is exactly how i want it, but to import
it into another program i need to save it as a csv file and it is then that i
loose the leading zeros

has any body got any ideas

--
Cheers
0

Instead of exporting a number, export "=TEXT(YourNumber,"00000000")" or as
many "0"s as you need

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> How do i stop a CSV file loosing leading zeros.
>
> when the file is in excel format it is exactly how i want it, but to
> import
> it into another program i need to save it as a csv file and it is then
> that i
> loose the leading zeros
>
> has any body got any ideas
>
> --
> Cheers

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/3/2006 10:28:09 AM
You could also Format the cell (CTRL+1) | Number | Custom and type
000000000 in stead of Standard.
That would do the job.

regards,
Arien

--
Arien
Arien's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1892

Launch file from OLE Field
HI, Is there any way to open a file I saved in an OLE field of Access 2007 using vba? For example, I saved a word document in the field using methods as shown in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/210486. Now instead of writing the file to disk, I want to open it in word using vba. Can any one help? Thanks in advance, Sanya "Sanya Ibrahim" <SanyaIbrahim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41231538-6EC9-4184-B39C-E3C78C9BD766@microsoft.com... > HI, > Is there any way to open a file I saved in an OLE field of Access 2007 > u...

Lead Opportunity
Hello, We are using MS CRM and it is working great. There is one thing we can not work around, unable to assign a Opportunity to a Lead. Is there any modification that we can do to perform this? The reason I ask is because we only want Active Customers in our Accounts/Contacts section, and leave all Leads/Prospects/Potential customers in Leads. It would be nice if there was a third account type called Prospect or Potential Customer, this isn't quite an Account, but is further along than a Lead. Yes I know the drop-down under Account has various different items like 'Potential&#...

Disable save warnings on a csv
Hi All, Is there a way to disable all the warnings when dealing with a CSV File? I do a lot of work with them and it is starting to get annoying. I don't want a macro in the file, because then others will get confused when it displays the message to enable/disable them. Thanks Chad Hi, Well you could put the macro in the Personal Macro Workbook and then it would be available for you but not for the other users. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Chad Cameron" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way to disable all the ...

Word Access to Outlook Contact File
I recently moved my data from one computter to a new one and was able to move my contacts to the new outlook file as a sub file of Contacts called My Contacts. I can't get Word to recognize the sub file. -- John Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JOHNH" <...

insert text from file
I am not in compatibility mode, but this is not an option as it is grayed out. Any suggestion. Is your cursor in the document where you want the insertion to go? On Jan 14, 10:20=A0am, Tammy O <Tammy O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not in compatibility mode, but this is not an option as it is grayed > out. =A0Any suggestion. ...

track competitors against leads
Customers are asking for an ability to track competitors against leads, not just opportunities. The question about competitors is often asked early in the sales cycle (before an opportunity is created). The lead competitors need to be automaticlaly linked to the opportunity ("mapping" need to be in place for these links) when the lead is converted into an opportunity so that the competitors selected on the Lead could be managed on the opportunity without having to reselect them again. Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft res...

big file
Hi One of my files has suddenly increased in size from 52k to 1.27MB. I have tried deleting all the cell round my 2 page doc, but to no avail. I am sure it must be a formatting thing for all cells, but don't know what. Help! Jo Hi Jo, See Debra Dalgleish's notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused --- Regards, Norman "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFCB9759-137D-4A89-B39A-AE5498AC8DDC@microsoft.com... > Hi > One of my files has suddenly increased in size from 52k to 1.27MB. I have > tried deleting...

Where is the file ?
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell when you open a spreadsheet what files it is linking to (other excel spreadsheets)? Thanks. Ty Use Edit, Links to find the workbooks the active workbook is dependent on. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Jim - sorry one more question - it shows me the links how can I cut off one of the links as it is no longer needed ? Thanks. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Use Edit, Links to find the workbooks the active workbook is dependent on. > >-- >Jim Rech >Excel MVP > > >. > Hi you may have a look at the following tool: htt...

file import with data items with leading zeros
I am exporting data from an Oracle database to a file that we want to view in Excel. This file will contain cells of binary information. This will mean that selected cell will have leading zeros. If we enter this data directly in excel, use of apostrophe "'" will maintain the leading zeros. However, because the source of the file is Oracle on a Unix server, is there special formatting that can be applied when the file is created to maintain the leading zeros, and maintain the ".xls" file extension? Reference: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 214233 ...

Process locking a file
I am looking for a code snippet to find the process which is locking a file. I have seen tools which can do the task but no source code snippets. TIA. ...

Loosing Grid ?
On some cells when I mess with format I am loosing the grid on some cells. This is not a border but just the grid outlining each cell. I though you turn the entire gird on or off for the spreadsheet but where does it get modified for each cell ?? Hi If you format a cell with a white pattern (background) you will not be able to see the gridlines of it. -- Andy. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:ePjIBzEdEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > On some cells when I mess with format I am loosing the grid on some cells. > This is not a border bu...

OL 2003 Looses Word Email Recepient Ability
After having installed Outlook 2003, Word 2000 no longer summons an email envelope when I attempt a Send To email recipient. I can summon the attachment method but the option to send to recipient has been deactivated. It worked successfully prior to OL2003 upgrade. I have run Office Repair and I have also re-installed Office Pro with no resulting change. Where do I go from here? Back to Outlook 2000. You can't mix versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Howard Kelley" <hkelley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ehnW6GNpDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After havin...

Windows File Caching
I am writing some code to backup a database which the user could choose to save on a floppy disk. I would like to put in some code to verify that the saved file is able to be read from the diskette before I display a successful backup message. We have seen a number on instances where the floppy is bad and the user gets no indication from us (or Windows) until they attempt to read the file later. The problem is that if I copy the file and then immediately attempt to read it (copy it back) that Windows will only read from the cache and not the physical media itself. Is there some way to force t...

serialize an excel file to xml
Hi, Has anyone worked on serializing an excel file to xml so that it can be submitted to econnect? I am having trouble creating this application and if anyone has worked on it, can you help me? thank you Stacey (staceyleelee@hotmail.com) I am putting the finishing touches on VB.NET code that serializes an Excel file to xml then sends the xml to GP (Misc Log Data). I can send you a code snippet if you need still it. "Stacey" wrote: > Hi, > Has anyone worked on serializing an excel file to xml so that it can be > submitted to econnect? I am having trouble creating th...

Apply Log File
Hi, I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean Shutdown" How do I apply those log files back to the storage group that were generated after the backup? Thanks, Gabriel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296788/en-us Make sure they're all there and consistent, then start the IS and they will roll forward. "Gabriel Chua" <glchua@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:exh%23yCvhHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean > Shutdown" > How do...

Leads and existing contacts/accounts
I have a situation where it is highly possible that visitors of one of my sites fill out a slightly modified Scribe lead page already exist in CRM either as contacts or accounts. What are the possible scenarios for me to 'match' them up without creating opportunities (it is a NFP organization, majority if the visitors are asking for information, no sales activities are expected). Thanks in advance! ...

Excel 2007 is Loosing All Formatting
We are having an issue where Excel 2007 is loosing all the formatting in Excel files. All colors, bolding and date formats. Everything except the text. We get sent a .xls grid that has been created in Excel 2007 or 2003 and it's usually an .xls extension. On opening the grid, everything looks and works fine. Modifications are made by adding in rows, cell background colors and text. We save the grid and send it out to another person via Outlook. When the receiver opens it, all the formatting is gone. Re-opening the grid on the machine that made the edits also shows no formatting. We...

MS WORD DOC file generation
Hi developers, I am developing a Project in VC++ using which I can recover a corrupted MS WORD .doc file. I know the way to find out the location of text in DOC file. I wanna create a DOC file when I extracted the text from corrupted file. I have tried to add MSWORD.OLB library in my Project but after selecting that library (using class wizard) a large number of classes come in next dialog box. I confused which class I have to select to get my job. There is any else way to implement the logic to recover the file, give your suggestions. If any one of us knows the solution, Please reply soon. ...

converting leads to accounts
Does anyone know how to have the accounts automatically be assigned an account number when converted from a lead? I was under the impression that CRM 1.2 already had that capability. I know that the account will allow you to manually type in an account id, but we want the account id to be a specific format. We do not want our users to come up with their own IDs. thanks, Jen Hi Jen, You will need to code this as a PostCallout. There is no automatic assignment of Account Number, only accountid (which users cannot access). Stephen "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Loosing atacments
Help please! My attachments does not arrive on the other side. Seems to be a problem when Outlook Express is used on the receiving side. I am working on Office 2000 Outlook. I am not the only one complaining. Frik <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help please! > My attachments does not arrive on the other side. Seems to > be a problem when Outlook Express is used on the > receiving side. > I am working on Office 2000 Outlook. > I am not the only one complaining. Don't send Rich Text messages. Outlook Expresss can't handle them. Use Plain ...

Money loosing Invoices
MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice list. Thanks Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom Libby wrote: >MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has >the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice list. Are running Vista? This may be a folder permissions thing. In microsoft.public.money, Tom Libby wrote: >MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has >the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice lis...

GP Help Files
Hi everybody - we have some custom windows in GP 10, and we would like to add some custom help items under the (?) help in the top right hand corner - how can I add a menu item there that will point to my documentation? ...

Purchase Orders
Does anybody know of any RMS Add-On where you can Create a Purchase Order by importing an item list from a CSV text file? We have a customer that gets an excel spreadsheet from their supplier of all the items that they should be receiving via UPS. The customer doesnt know before hand what they will be receiving until they get the excel spreadsheet. Any Ideas? I'm new to RMS, so forgive me if this info is slightly inaccurate, try it out first. If you create a blank P.O for adding item manually, on the screen where you enter your items, right click, and import. Then you choose you...

Excel 2007: Problem Opening Files from Outlook and from Windows Explorer
I'm running Office 2007 SP1 on Windows Vista and having an issue where I cannot open an Excel file by double-clicking Outlook attachments or in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Excel and click Open, browse to the file, and select it to Open it. I think there must be some issues with writing to the temp directory but have no idea how to correct this. This only happens with Excel, no other applications. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

how can I Append values to an existing excel file.
hi, I'm working on the excel automation in which i need to write a script that'll aceept three command line arguments and then place them under the coloumns say NAME STATUS and TIME. The script will run multiple no. of times in a day and everytime it will open the same excel and then put the data in the respective columns without deleting the previous content.Also, depending on the STATUS passed as the argument it should be able to change the color of the row. eg:- if status is passed as CRITICAL then the particular row should become RED.The process should run at background. I...