Lookup tables #2

want to use lookup tables as poor man's db.
have about 200 uniquely numbered stores, each time a call comes in we log it
by that number, and each "record" has 11 "fields" or columns.  if the list is
sorted in ascending order, how can i use a a vlookup in combo with macro to
go in and key off the unique number and bring all the rows of data back
identified with that unique number to one page?
Stores may have only one "record" and some may 15.
formula would look at the keyed in number...say 101 and go to lu table and
start with 101 and repeat until it reached 102.
any ideas?
0
Reno (24)

Hi
why not use 'Data - Filter' for this?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"reno" <reno@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> want to use lookup tables as poor man's db.
> have about 200 uniquely numbered stores, each time a call comes in we
log it
> by that number, and each "record" has 11 "fields" or columns.  if the
list is
> sorted in ascending order, how can i use a a vlookup in combo with
macro to
> go in and key off the unique number and bring all the rows of data
back
> identified with that unique number to one page?
> Stores may have only one "record" and some may 15.
> formula would look at the keyed in number...say 101 and go to lu
table and
> start with 101 and repeat until it reached 102.
> any ideas?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/19/2004 9:19:38 PM
what it want to do after i can pull the data, is to print it out on form.
For example, I can put say the unique store number of 195 and one part of
the lookup table will fill in all the "permanet" data from that lookup table,
then using the same number it will put all the call incidents from another lu
table.

i would want the lookup up to run for all the lu numbers identified above as
say 195

and bye the way, you have given me about 1/2 dozen excellent solutions in
the past--thanks!!
"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> why not use 'Data - Filter' for this?
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "reno" <reno@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > want to use lookup tables as poor man's db.
> > have about 200 uniquely numbered stores, each time a call comes in we
> log it
> > by that number, and each "record" has 11 "fields" or columns.  if the
> list is
> > sorted in ascending order, how can i use a a vlookup in combo with
> macro to
> > go in and key off the unique number and bring all the rows of data
> back
> > identified with that unique number to one page?
> > Stores may have only one "record" and some may 15.
> > formula would look at the keyed in number...say 101 and go to lu
> table and
> > start with 101 and repeat until it reached 102.
> > any ideas?

0
Reno (24)

printing emails #2
is there a way to get outlook express, outlook 2000, or outlook 2003 to stop printing the name at the top left of an email when you print it? ...

Zip Codes #2
Help...When I format a zip code file it appears in the field to show the "0" at the beginning of the field but it does not show when I print. The only work around is change it to text. I thought a zip code would recognize it as a zero. any idears.... -- deanf@johnsbyrne.com Hi Dean excel doesn't know what you've entered into a cell, it only recognises the "type" of data (text, number, date etc) .. so it won't know that you've entered zip codes and therefore won't "treat" them in a special way. However, i'm interested in HOW you for...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

filtering data into different workheet #2
Thanks for the help but i managed to find my way using pivot tables. Thanks again Swmasso -- swmasso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swmasson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27045 ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

ADC problem #2
Hi to all. I have this scenario: Exchange Adm. Group 1 with one Exchange 5.5 and one Exchange 2003 Exchange Adm. Group 2 one exchange 2003 Exchange Adm. Group 3 one exchange 2003 I had installed ADC in the exchange 2003 in Exchange Adm. Group 2. The service crashed, and i couldn’t start it any more. I reinstalled de service, but now I don’t have any connections agreements so I can’t replicate with the exchange 5.5. When I try to run the connections agreements wizard he doesn’t detect any exchange 5.5 in the Adm. Groups 2 and 3 and I can’t finish. I can’t create manually the Configurati...

Cumulative Total #2
I am trying to create a running total of sales objective achievement. For example, If in August the objective is 20 and I actually sold 25, then I am at positive 5. Then in Sept, my objective is 30 and I sold 20, I am now at negative 5. I do not want the number to change in my monthly column, but I would like for it to update in my fiscal year column based upon sales for each month. Is it possible to do this and if so how? I don't exactly understand if you want the running total to be alongside the monthly totals in a separate column. Labels in row1 Columns A = Date (Month) B =...

install crm 1.2 db
i had proplem installing cm in win 2k server new instaltion when i am trying to ad new database file in the instaltion give me an error he the password in sql is not set right i did not setup any password yet and how can i do so i just instal from the cd only please help ...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

Date format issue #2
Hello, I have date's that come to me in this format: 20040424 20040426 20040428 how can I convert them so EXCEL can read that as a date? Note: Excel does not recognize that format when you format/cells/number/date Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No, Excel will se it as text or as a number. You will need to transform it into a new column =Date(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kkondrat1 >" <<kkondra...

--------Profit________________ #2
When you do, we=92ll send you seven of the most important, most profitable, and most unexpected secrets to profiting like a true real estate mogul =96 absolutely free! You can do this, even with no experience in real estate, even if you don=92t know the difference between a nail and a screw, and yes=85 you can even start profiting with real estate rentals if you have a few bumps and bruises on your credit report too! For information you can visit http://growrichwithrentals.com ...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

Copy whole table into one cell
Office Excel 2003 on Windows XP I'm trying to create a report-maker with excel... ugh! Anyways, there is a template that users are filling out saying whether something is defected or not... that's not important, the important part is, that I'm having VBA go though the table (using a button after it is filled out) and deleting the rows that aren't defected... in other words, if there are blank cells in column C (for example), the whole row in which that blank cell is located is deleted. I'll never have more than 40 rows and 5 columns in the table so I don'...

exchange 2003 and blackberry #2
I am having a very strange issue. I am using blackberry handheld to receive emails from exchange. After I receive an email and read it. if i go back and use outlook web access or outlook on rpc over http and click to open any message, I get all emails again on the blackberry which i have already. The issue only happens when I use the webmail or outlook RPC. that i receive the emails again on my blackberry. Blackberry says it has no known issues of this kind . Running exchange server 2k3 on win2k3 standard edition. Pls help thanks kashi <kashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Merging two tables into one table
Can anyone help me with this problem, I have been trying umpteen different ways of doing this with SQL (Which I don't entirely understand...) I want to merge the contents of two tables, fields into one set of consolidated fields but in a particular order. Namely, Run_No and OrderSeq. This is the SQL: SELECT A.Run_No, B.Run_No, A.Point_ID, B.Point_ID, A.OrderSeq, B.OrderSeq FROM tbl_Points AS A INNER JOIN tbl_Points AS B ON (A.Run_No+1=B.Run_No) AND (A.OrderSeq-9=B.OrderSeq); I want to merge the first 9 records of A.Run_No with the first 9 records of B.Run_No, along with their cor...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

cannot send or receive #2
I could not open my office products yesterday so I did a reload of software. I am using my outlook email account now and it says the mail went through the send and receive but I still have mail in outbox and did not receive anyting. I have the account set up correctly and when I go out to my ISP's web site....the web email is there. my hotmail account works...just cannot get outlook to work. thanks ...

linking tables from different Access templates?
Hello I have been playing with Access 2007 and am at the stage of almost being ready to ditch the "toy" database and prepare the real thing. I have been working on a database set up for us which has worked well but is showing its limitations (and highlighting mine!) I like the look of the Access 2007 Contacts and Events templates which, with some tweaking, could work well for us. My question is - is it possible to link the Contacts table with the Events table created in the templates? At the moment, I have an Events table (which includes various information abo...

Open Access Database with VBA #2
I want to open a specific Access DB from and Excel button. I tried a previous sugestion in this forum and It would bring up access but not the file. Here is what I have: (I'm so colse to being happy!) Sub test() On Error Resume Next Set ac = GetObject(, "Access.Application") If ac Is Nothing Then Set ac = GetObject("", "Access.Application") ac.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\data\temp\temp.mdb" ac.UserControl = True End If AppActivate "Microsoft Access" End Sub User Error....It works "Bubba" wrote: > I wa...

HQ
Currently we have an RMS implementation, which consists of an HQ and seven remote stores connected to it. I would like to know if it is possible to connect another database to RMS HQ. By this, I do not mean another remote store, but a new database for a store that has nothing to do with the other seven. I need another database because the new stores’ data is not to be ‘seen’ by the other remote stores’ users. To connect RMS HQ to this new database we can use different login credentials. Obviously all rms software used is same version, 2.0. Thanks, Nick Couple of issues... 1) I believ...

Table properties
Is there a way to determine what the cell height is in Pub 2002? I know I can change it by dragging but I'm rather anal - I want to make all of them the same. -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn What you do is select the whole table and say enter font size 16. Now when you go to make the Table smaller, the cells will only go to that point size. Consequently they will now all be the same height. You can now select the whole table again and change it to the point size of the font you want to use. Don't forget ...

Email in HTML #2
Hello All, This is a strange one. We have a W2K server that is running a thir party application that needs to send out emails. I have it set to us one of our Exchange servers as the SMTP server. The app sends out emai it sends in HTML format. When I send the message to my Hotmail accoun it works fine. When I send it to my Outlook account it displays th HTML tags/code. If I forward from Hotmail to my Outlook it display properly. It's only when the app sends directly to a Outlook emai account that it displays improperly. Also, one user can recieve i fine, and if he forwards it to another O...

League Table 02-22-10
Hi! I am trying to create a league table suing quite a lot of data. Scenario: I have 20 shops who each use on average 25 intermediaries. I have obtained the montly sales revenue from each of the shops (so i have 20 separate spreadsheets) and would like to create a league table of the highest selling intermediaries. Any ideas, if of course you even understand what I am saying? Many thanks. Given the fact that you have not yet begun, I suggest that you first browse the available templates to see if something exists that can be adapted to your needs: http://office.micros...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...