lookup options

hello,

i am a hombuilder and i have begun creating a workbook to streamlin
some paperwork operations. the workbook has three sheets (fil
attached). the sheet named 'options' has several checkboxes fo
different options.

i would like to create a formula that searchs for all checked option
and inserts them in the 'start order' worksheet.

please take a look at the attached file and any help would be greatl
appreciated.

thanks
aladdi

              Attachment filename: start order.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=45700

Hi,

see the attached file, it's not exactly what you asked for but maybe i
is good enough...

Robb

              Attachment filename: start order.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=45701

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Options for Accept Changes -- 2007
I'm a newbie in Word 2007 (just changed over from 2003 on Monday). So far, I'm not impressed. (Okay, I'm not favorably impressed.) On the review ribbon, the default option for the Accept check mark is "Accept and Move To Next." Is there any way to change that default to simply "Accept Change"? 99.9% of the time, I want to accept a change AND STAY RIGHT WHERE I AM. I don't want to jump several pages and then try to figure out where I was. While I'm at it, Shift-F5 doesn't seem to work to take me back to where I was. Is there another ...

Add Unit of Measure Sched on the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form
Add the Unit of Measure (UoM) Schedule ID uniquely per line item in the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form. When you add the Sales Transaction Amounts Work* and the Item Master to the report, and then pull the 'U of M Schedule' from the Item Master, the UoM Schedule ID is duplicating. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

optional saving of sent items in sent item folder
Hi All, I feel a need to have check box in New Email Compose form which if unchecked does not save outgoing email in Sent Item folder....How can I achieve that ? -TIA There already is such a checkbox on the Options dialog. Otherwise, this can be done with a custom message form. However, you really don't want to make a custom form your default, because it will cause problems with non-Outlook recipients, especially when sending attachments. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Money 2004
If anyone has any -Positive- experience with Money 2004 and Equity Options, please post them. I figure that either: - Microsoft doesn't have anyone on their Money team with any experience trading options? - They're targeting Money for Joe Sixpack, who is more concerned with paying the minimum payment on his Visa bill at the last possible minute via epay. Here are my main issues: 1. Money 2003 can't import buy/sell transactions for Equity Options. (Equity transactions from my Vanguard and Scottrade accounts are imported just fine.) You can MANUALLY enter Equity Option transact...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Option Group (Yet Again)
Using Access 2003 First attemt at understanding option groups and have searched this GROUP but can't seem to come up with an answer. I have used the wizard to create a group of two option buttons Button1 and Button2. Behind each button I have very basic programming when Button1 is true one text box is hidden and when Button2 is true a second text box is hidden. The buttons function properly bu I believe there are two issues. 1) Sometimes the small form would load with one or other of the text boxes already hidden which meant that I'd have to manipulate the buttons to get where I wante...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Help
When I open or create a database the only menu option avaialbe is help. The others are greyed out. How can I resolve. thanks for any input. If you post your question in one of the Access newsgroups, someone may be able to help you. This newsgroup is for Excel questions. kato148 wrote: > When I open or create a database the only menu option avaialbe is help. The > others are greyed out. How can I resolve. thanks for any input. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Cannot Access Layout Options
I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. Whenever I click on Menus-->Layout... nothing happens. I've also tried View-->layout and nothing happens either Help!!!!! "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87DAC187-3865-473A-9FD2-75189869F21D@microsoft.com... > I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. Whenever I click on Menus-->Layout... nothing happens. I've also tried View--layout and nothing happens either Help!!!!! It looks as though there's something wrong with your installation, because AFAIK th...

option buttons
How do you group different sets of option buttons. When I create a form with option buttons, all the buttons are linked so only one button can be selected. tia Rich, Create a Group Box, and put the option buttons inside it. For each different set of options, use a new Group Box. Dan E "Rich" <rich@jhara.com> wrote in message news:043401c38dd5$e3cf9b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you group different sets of option buttons. When > I create a form with option buttons, all the buttons are > linked so only one button can be selected. > > tia If you don&#...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

Protection sheet
Have encountered that when moving from one drive to another the tools\protection\ Protection sheet,workbook and shared workbook are greyed out. how can we resolve this problem ? ...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

lookup drop down
I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs Thank Roy Hi Roy, I have a workbook example that pretty much does that. Would of course need to be adjusted to your data layout...

Lookup
i am using excel 2 calculate the amount of bonus that an employee i entitled to. i do not know what function to use (i have been told 2 us v lookup but i do not know how 2 go about it). the exact problem is this: there is a basic wage and on top of that an employee gets paid a bonus this bonus is calculated by how many sales r made. the table of th bonuses r given (below): Commission on Qtrly Sales Sales per Qtr Percentage �200,000 and under 0.50 �300,000 and under 0.75 �400,000 and under ...