Lookup #4

I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right?

Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"?

Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong.

Any ideas?

TIA
0
Matthew (58)

Is there anyway you can standardize on your data entry.

Each label would consist of 6 important characters followed by whatever you
want.

Then you could use:
=vlookup(left(a1,6),sheet2!a:b,2,false)

Where column A on sheet2 just held the first 6 characters of each recipient.

Then:
=if(iserror(vlookup(...)),"other",vlookup(...))

===
You may want to take a look at Quicken or MSMoney.  You can categories things
pretty easily and probably have access to lots more builtin stuff.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

CRM 4.0 Advanced Find with Error on page
Hi, I have problem which I have not solved and I really cannot figure out what is wrong. Anyone can help with this: At server Advanced find works like it should be. When using webclient or outlook client Advanced find does not work, only "Error on page" occurs in IE status bar. -Max To be more specific; I can form the query, but when hitting Search-button error appears and nothing happens. Here is the script error I receive <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Määrittäm...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

return receipt #4
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook If I send an email requesting a return receipt, when the email is clicked or opened, it will pop-up on recipient's work station asking if he wants to send return receipt. Let's say he says no. But obviously reads the email anyway. When I get the return receipt back, it will say "email was deleted without being read." Can this mean that the above happened, i.e. recipient clicked No on sending return receipt or does it mean that recipient definitely deleted the email based on seeing its header in his inbox...

BP 4 Security
I have admin rights and belong to Sales Manager and Salesman roles but when I do a Customer related inquiry I get this in all web parts Query returned no results. Can you help me out here? tstrop, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Have your resolved this? Can you provide more information about the web page, web parts, and queries you're trying to access? A couple thoughts... 1. Are you in the company you want data for? 2. Does the query have a restriction such that it only returns customer information for the salesperson assigned? Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Qual...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Unknown Recipient #4
Hello All, I have exch5.5 on NT4 machine. I can send and receive email just fine, but not to every amail. When I try to send to a particular email server i get "Unknown Recipient" bounce back messages. I checked my firewall; spam filter,DNS, everything that I can think of. Please help. ...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

CRM 4.0 Report Viewer Error
Hi I have one user who when trying to view a quote in CRM will get an error that says "Reporting Error - The report cannot be displayed". I have done some testing and it seems that something is not installed on the user's computer and that is causing the issue. I had them log into another computer and they were able to view a quote. They will get this error for any report that they try to view. Everyone else has no trouble when viewing reports. I checked knowledgebase and the only thing listed for a user having this error was to change the permissions. Which I know ...

Outlook 2003 calendar #4
I have having a problem accessing a calendar located in a public folder on an Exchange 2000 server. I continue to get the error: "Unable to display the folder. You do not have sufficient Permission to perform this operation on the object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." I have checked the permissions on the calendar and I have reviewer access. Any ideas??? J ...

Outlook Express Outbox #4
When I send a message, it sends okay. BUT when I go to my outbox, the messages are there and everytime I check my email, the same messages are resent. Anyone got a clue what I need to do to get rid of these sent emails? THANKS! Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all rep...

Sending mail #4
I have several email accounts set up to Send/Receive in Outlook. 2 pop3/SMTP and 1 MSN. I dial in using MSN. I was able to send and recieve emails from all three until recently when I updated Windows XP and McAffee in response to the latest virus which I did have. Now the virus is gone, but I cant send using the POP3 accounts. MSN works fine. What could have changed, and what can I do to send again? The error I receive is "The specified server was found, but there is no reponse from the server. Please verify that the port and ssl info is correct." I am using the de...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Re:How to create and use workflow templates in CRM 4.0?
Hi, i wish to create and use workflow templates in CRM 4.0. i would like to know how could i create a workflow template in CRM 4.0? Thanks. After you get into your workflow screen, There's a picklist field name "Publish As", select Workflow Template, then you created a workflow template that you can use when creating other workflows in CRM. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 1:03=A0am, Elays <El...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =A0 i wish to create and use workflow templates in CRM 4....

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

Error occured while trying to upload a custom report in MS CRM 4.0
Hi, i have been trying to upload a custom report (RDL file) in MS CRM 4.0 application and every time i do it i get error message : "An error has occurred". I am trying to upload a RDL file from CRM Reports area and i m getting the same error. When i checked the error log it gives me this e error : Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidDataSourceReferenceException: The report server cannot process the report. The data source connection information has been deleted., ; Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidDataSourceRefe...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

Public Folders Error #4
I'm using Exchange 2003. I want to try to get some shared, or public, calendars created, but everytime I try to expand the Public Folders in ESM>First Administrative Group>Folders>Public Folders, I get the following error message: "Could not locate the root folder. Ensure that your default virtual server is running and it is configured correctly. If you have used the IIS Lockdown or URL Scanning security tools on your server, go to http://support.microsoft.com for more information about running these tools. ID no: c103b405 Exchange System Manager" I have sear...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

lookup drop down
I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs Thank Roy Hi Roy, I have a workbook example that pretty much does that. Would of course need to be adjusted to your data layout...