Looking for "Side by Side" Excel Add-in by Jim (James) Cone

Jim, I hope you see this message. I've tried to email you to ask for a
copy of your "Side by Side" Excel Add-in. However, I've tried the RCN
account and the ATT account, and they both bounced back to me as
undeliverable. If you have a copy and wouldn't mind sending one, I'd
be very thankful.

Thanks!
Keith
0
ksagona (2)

Hi Keith

I send Jim a mail and I don't get it back
I hope for you he will jump in.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Keith" <ksagona@ldeq.org> wrote in message news:521b1cc6.0309151210.65127732@posting.google.com...
> Jim, I hope you see this message. I've tried to email you to ask for a
> copy of your "Side by Side" Excel Add-in. However, I've tried the RCN
> account and the ATT account, and they both bounced back to me as
> undeliverable. If you have a copy and wouldn't mind sending one, I'd
> be very thankful.
>
> Thanks!
> Keith

0
rondebruin (3790)
9/15/2003 8:40:57 PM
Ron,

Thanks for taking care of this for me.

For others interested in the 'Side by Side' Excel Add-in...

A direct request to me at "jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX" (remove XXX) will
get you the program which groups long columns of data into side by
side groups.  Data sequence is maintained and the area above the data
is not changed.  A new worksheet is created with the new column
arrangement, your original worksheet is not affected.  The number of
printed pages is significantly reduced.
It comes with a one page Word.doc install/instruction file.  Easy to
use and very quick.

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX
***********************
"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:<#HkV0F9eDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi Keith
>
> I just got a mail from Jim with the Add-in
> If Jim not post in this thread then
> Mail me private with a working E-mail address.
> I send the Add-in to you then.
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)
> www.rondebruin.nl
> > "Keith" <ksagona@ldeq.org> wrote in message news:521b1cc6.0309151210.65127732@posting.google.com...
> > > Jim, I hope you see this message. I've tried to email you to ask for a
> > > copy of your "Side by Side" Excel Add-in. However, I've tried the RCN
> > > account and the ATT account, and they both bounced back to me as
> > > undeliverable. If you have a copy and wouldn't mind sending one, I'd
> > > be very thankful.
> > > Thanks!
> > > Keith
0
jim_cone (8)
9/16/2003 5:05:43 AM
Thanks for offering, Ron! I've sent you an email. Jim, I've also
resent an email to your RCN account. If you don't receive it, could
you send a copy to ksagona@ldeq.org?

Thanks!
Keith

jim_cone@worldnet.att.net (Jim Cone) wrote in message news:<13af8fb9.0309152105.2863136f@posting.google.com>...
> Ron,
>
> Thanks for taking care of this for me.
>
> For others interested in the 'Side by Side' Excel Add-in...
>
> A direct request to me at "jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX" (remove XXX) will
> get you the program which groups long columns of data into side by
> side groups.  Data sequence is maintained and the area above the data
> is not changed.  A new worksheet is created with the new column
> arrangement, your original worksheet is not affected.  The number of
> printed pages is significantly reduced.
> It comes with a one page Word.doc install/instruction file.  Easy to
> use and very quick.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, CA
> jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX
> ***********************
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:<#HkV0F9eDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > Hi Keith
> >
> > I just got a mail from Jim with the Add-in
> > If Jim not post in this thread then
> > Mail me private with a working E-mail address.
> > I send the Add-in to you then.
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)
> > www.rondebruin.nl
0
ksagona (2)

Side by Side Bar chart with stacked bar
Is there any way to create a side by side bar chart with one bar being a stacked bar? Here's the data: Name Q2 Q3wk1 Q3wk2 Q3wk3 Ann 86 9 6 11 Bob 62 0 10 4 Carl 66 0 4 4 Dave 46 2 1 3 So I would want one bar with Q2 data for each person and then a stacked bar with all three weeks of Q3 data for each person Thanks Tom - Through careful arrangement of the data in your worksheet, you can make a stacked column chart that looks like a clustered-stacked column chart. Your data would be staggered, with extra blank rows inserted, like this...

How to: 3 side by side columns with overlayed (?) data
Hi there, Hope someone can help me create some column charts. I have 2 economic sectors, S1 and S2. Each sector consumes 3 types of energy - E1, E2 and E3 - both directly and indirectly. For each energy type, the indirect amount is larger than the direct amount. How can I graph this information so that: 1. There is one column for each of the "E's" that shows both direct and indirect amounts. The 3 E columns are side by side for each of the sectors. So from left to right the columns read: S1E1, S1E2, S1E3 S2E1, S2E2, S2E3 2. Each of the E columns show both di...

Grouping Multiple Side by Side Columns
Hi, I'm trying to group multiple columns - e.g. column a with b, column c with d and so on. However after I have grouped a & b, and try to group column c & d, the grouping automatically groups from a through to d. Is there a way around this? Many thanks, Sam Are you holding down the Ctrl key? sam wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to group multiple columns - e.g. column a with b, column c with d > and so on. However after I have grouped a & b, and try to group column c & d, > the grouping automatically groups from a through to d. Is there a way around ...

Merge two lists for side by side comparison
I have two lists I want to compare for quantity and cost. The lists ar from two different sources. I want to sort both lists by identifier an then merge the identifier column to give me side by side quantity an cost data for each identifier. Results have to be shown in the format of the combined list I've show below at the "request" of the auditors. I know there should be a simpl solution but I'm frustrated and at a loss as to how to do this. Please help +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: sort match merge.jpg ...

how do i draw two bell curves side by side w/ some over-lap?
i've got the "drawing a bell curve" part, thanks to Tushar Mehta's a tutorial. now, i'd like to draw two bell curves (w/ different height & width) side by side with some over-lap. how do i go about? Make a second column using the same formula as the first but with a slightly different average (mean) and standard deviation. Unless you are using XL2007, select the range and drag it on to the chart Or use Copy; click the chart; use Paste Special New Series. If you are using the formula that I think you are, then changing the width (standard dev) will chang...

Compare side by side
I know how to use Compare side by side for 'Synchronous Scrolling' in Excel 2003, but how do I do the equivilent in Excel 2002? You can't. You can only open new windows but they won't scroll together as in side-by-side. I suspect you could write some event code to track the scrolling in the other window, but I suspect it will be a little kludgey -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Cin" <Cin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41EF44E-74B8-4D0B-B4FE-E302D6FB42F1@microsoft.com...

How do I show data on side by side plots within the same graph ra.
I am trying to show several pieces of data on one chart but do not want the plot lines to overlap rather to extend out each on its own plot area with lines seperating each plot area. Any ideas? This page shows how to separate the data into separate bands horizontally. You could extend this to displaying the data within vertically oriented bands. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ LAL wrote: > I am trying to show several piec...

How do I create a side by side comparison in WORD?
I need to type "two columns", side by side of text. Office Word 2007 Hi Miami Girl, Create a two-column table and put one lot of text in the left column and the other in the right column. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Miami Girl" <Miami Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:900CE86C-FEC5-45BA-9B06-FD80339801F2@microsoft.com... >I need to type "two columns", side by side of text. Office Word 2007 ...

Sorting lists side by side to match variables
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I need to find a solution for. I have a list o all the stores with a particular trait that carry my at least one of m items. Then, I have a list for each item with all the stores tha carry that particular item. What I want to do is sort this data s that the store numbers under each item are matched up with th corresponding store numbers in the master store list. I'll give you a example of the problem. Here is what the data looks like now: Master Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 1 2 3 1 3 2 4 2 4 3 4 4 And here is what I would like it to look...

How do you turn on side by side view in Excel 2007?
Want to view to worksheets in the same workbook at the same time but I cannot get it to allow me to do that. Obviously something else needs to be marked to allow this - how do I turn it on? Hi, Go to view, Fouth block under window, click on New Window, Arrange all, select vertical or Horizontal "JAskew" wrote: > Want to view to worksheets in the same workbook at the same time but I cannot > get it to allow me to do that. Obviously something else needs to be marked to > allow this - how do I turn it on? ...

Compare side by side
Hi, I frequently use the compare side by side facility in Excel and will often copy and paste data between the two compared spreadsheets. However, I will usually have half a dozen or so spreadsheets hidden beneath the two that I am comparing side by side. When pasting from one to the other I sometimes find that Excel will automatically tile all of my panes just before I paste into the second of my side by side spreadsheets. This is really annoying, anyone know how I can stop this happening? One other question, also related to copying/cutting and pasting. When I copy/cut data from a sp...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

how to display two spread sheets side by side
How do I display two spread sheets side by side? So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same time? Thank you. Andrea After you opened the spreadsheets you want to view, Try Window>Arrange>Vertical Mike Rogers "Andrea Gates" wrote: > How do I display two spread sheets side by side? > So that I can read from one and edit the other spread sheet, at the same > time? > > Thank you. > > The best way, if you can manage it, is to use multiple monitors. Personally, I can hardly get along anymore with less than two. Va...

side by side pies
I would like to show two pies side by side Billed charges to customers (showing percentage of totals Receipts from customers (showing percentages of total receipts by customer I would like the two pies to size based on their total customer Charges Receipt A 150 12 B 100 8 C 110 10 Chart of Charges would show total charges of 360 with the various percentage Chart of Receipts would show total receipts of 317 with the various percentage the chart of charges would be larger than the chart of receipts Keith - The easiest...

Side by Side Stacked Chart
I am trying to create a stacked bar chart that compares 2003 vs 200 data by person. How do I get the 2003 and 2004 stacked columns for eac person on the X axis next to each other -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nan, A little confused by your question subject and the data described. There doesn't appear to be another data to required the side by side stack. So here is how to make a simple stack. You need to lay your data out in 3 columns. 2003 2004 Person_A 1 2 Person_B 2 3 Person_C 3 4 Person_D 4 5 Hightlight the data and use the chart wizard to create a stack...

how can i combine two query result side by side
lets say we have two queries, Q1 and Q2. Suppose that both query is to produce same number of row as a result. Is it possible to produce a table (or query result) which combines the results of Q1 and Q2 as two different field, side by side ? Just join them together, the way you would if they were tables. The SQL would look something like: SELECT Q1.ID, Q1.Field1, Q1.Field2, Q2.Field1, Q2.Field2, (Q1.Field2 = Q2.Field2) AS Same FROM Q1 INNER JOIN Q2 ON Q1.ID = Q2.ID -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "mezzanine1974" <savas_kar...

how do i turn on side by side in excel
i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side feature. it is currently grayed out Window>Compare side by side with is grayed out? If one or both of the workbooks are protected for structure and windows you cannot use the side by side feature. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:28:11 -0800, R Kaleta <R Kaleta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side >feature. it is currently grayed out ...

Stacked bar charts side by side
I want to create a chart with stacked bar charts, by week. One stacked bar chart for open risks and issues and the other for closed risks and issues. I also want to plot a line graph for outstanding items (which I think I can do). Does anyone know how I achieve this result. Your suggestions would be gratefully received. -- Many thanks Adrian. Hi, See http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Pichincha" <Pichincha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB4...

Run Quicken and Money side by side?
Is anyone running both Quicken and Money at the same time for the same information? I switched from Quicken a few years back because it became too unreliable. Now I am getting nervous about some of the problems I am experiencing with Money 06. It does not seem like it would be too difficult to have two computers side by side and run Quicken in one and Money in the other. When the numbers differed I could track down the reason. Can anyone think of problems I might run into? ...

combination side by side and stacked
am trying in '07 to get 3 series to be side by side columns and 3 others to be side by side with the first three, but stacked themselves. In other words, 3 of them are large and important, and 3 are getting drowned out in the scaling. This on top of the fact that the width, per period, for all 6 to be side by side, is excessive and makes the graph difficult. So I want to put 3 on top of each other to show the aggregate effect (with divisions, not as one total), and the larger three as single columns themselves (to make sure the trend of each is seen on its own. As I try to change...

side by side spreadsheets
Hi could you explain with more detail what you're trying to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nicholas Tortorella" <malletfoundry@mallet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5216E3CC-E923-4A4A-9138-2FC61EB1143B@microsoft.com... > Both workbooks/worksheets open. Window>New Window>Arrange Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:51:02 -0700, "Nicholas Tortorella" <malletfoundry@mallet.com.au> wrote: ...

Side By Side View
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C9A56A.4BDA8BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Excell 2007: Open two worksheets (in the same workbook). Select = View>Side by Side. All I can get is the two worksheets stacked. = Earlier, when I opened the same two sheets I was getting the = side-by-side view. However. it seems that right after I clicked on = "Reset window position" they became stacked and have stayed that way = ever since. Closing down Excel or rebooting had no effec...

Selecting Two Sheets to Display Side by Side
I often want to display two workbooks side by side. I know how to use the window command and display all teh open workbooks, but this is a pain because I often have numerous workbooks open. I then have to downbar all the ones I don't want to see. Is there a command to display two sheets side by side? I could probably figure out how to write code to let me select the two sheets I want. Maybe someone has already done this. Thanks Give the following macro a try. First, select two worksheets (select first worksheet, then Ctrl-Click second worksheet's tab); then, run the macro...

Calendar with days side by side?
How can I use Pub2003 wizard to create a calendar page with a table showing all the days of the month side by side instead of the typical column for the 7 days table? I'm planning a landscape calendar with all 31 days on 1 row where above I can write text in a sort of angled way. Can a calendar show weeknumbers? Kurt Thirty one columns across a landscape page is not going to leave much space for writing anything, angled or otherwise.. Open up Word and create a table as you wish to make up in Publisher, and see if what you are planning would work anyway.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Window...

side by side manifests question
Hi, I have a side by side assembly with two dependencies instead of just one, and I want to make sure I did it correctly. It works on my machines here but I am getting reports it is not working on another machine (WinXP SP1). The side by side components are the RTCdll (RTC real time communications api) and the MSXML 4.0 sp2. The manifest is: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" proc...