look up question

Hi , I have 2 columns - column A containes dates , coumn B contains
activieties  ( meetings , phone calls , emails ) ..
I'd like to have a formula that returns the last date a meeting occured

Thanks

Try the below; and format the formula cell to date..

=SUMPRODUCT(MAX((B1:B100="Meeting")*A1:A100))

--
Jacob

"G" wrote:

> Hi , I have 2 columns - column A containes dates , coumn B contains
> activieties  ( meetings , phone calls , emails ) ..
> I'd like to have a formula that returns the last date a meeting occured
>
> Thanks

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Public Folder DST Question
I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the text file. I also copied the nonexistant users to the mailbox file so it should also update those mailboxes when I run the batch file. My question is about the calendars that we have in our public folders. How do we go about updating those? Thanks, James THere is a video about PF's here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/21/435543.aspx "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUMQ4o2VHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the t...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

simple question #3
Hi, I have a strange bug which I need help. The problem is I caculate the m_xscale and m_yscale in OnOK, but when I call GetInfo with the same dlg object, the m_xscale and m_yscale are not the value I saved in OnOK. It seems OnOk did't save the value to the dialog object. Can anyone see what's wrong? The following are my code. Thanks. CCalibratDlg dlg( boost::numeric_cast<float>(line_width), boost::numeric_cast<float>(line_height), xscale, yscale, unitType ); if( dlg.DoModal( ) == IDOK ) { float xScale, yScale; int unitType; dlg.GetInfo( xScale, yScale, unitTy...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

relationship question
Hi, i am searching for a solution that a milestones starts with the first starting date out of several defined processes. example: milestone: - start of picking season process: - banana picking date: 25.03.2010 - apple picking date: 22.03.2010 - picking party date: 20.03.2010 ==> the milestone shall get the date of the 20.03. However, if one of the other processes would be moved to an earlyer date, this date should be taken. How do i have to set the relationships in MSP to achieve this? + which other adjustments to i have to take? thx a lot, rgds �kner -- asd...

Were can I attach a file to respond to a question
Hi, Yeasterday I asked how do I attach a file for a user to see a same of a solution and I recieved the answer - use a free web service. I see my question needed to be more specific. Could someone please give me instructions on where and how to do this. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire Ask the recipient to give you their email address, and just send it. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

A question in an interview
I was asked to write a function described below with C/C++ in 20 minutes. Implement a function that prints all posible combinations of the characters in a string. These combinations range in length from one to the length of the string. Two combinations that differ only in ordering of their characters are the same combination. In other words,"12" and "31" are different combinations from the input string"123",but 21 is the same as "12". Any good suggestion? I'd start by asking for a better definition of the problem. What if the input string is &qu...

Union Delete question
I have a continuous form bound to a UNION query, that displays information from 2 different queries. This displays the records in the form fine but I want the user to have the ability to delete the records individually if required with a check box. I can't do this with a bound check box because the recordsource is a UNION query and because its a continuous form I can't do it with code behind the check box as selecting one record will select all. Does anyone know if its possible to achieve this using a UNION query? Thank You Sonya When you go from union query to form you have l...

Question on getting harddrive's capcity with its SCSI address
Hi, Guys! Anybody know how to get a harddrive's capcity with its SCSI address? I don't know if it's proper to ask this question here, but if you know the answer please tell me. Best regards, Alex ...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

Search for my questions in 2010
When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my username), I don't get any results for 2010 (even though I have submitted several questions in 2010 that have been answered). Is there a setting that I have to change in order to be able to retrieve my 2010 discussions? Click on your name in the post and then recent posts. I can see 8 posts in 2010 by you. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "KrispyData" wrote: > When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my &...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

Look at these security update
--wpxhtpbmrmsmmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gpfmogvvgagrxl"; type="multipart/alternative" --gpfmogvvgagrxl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uxubtxafyzmt" --uxubtxafyzmt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

CRM 4.0 Out Look Client
Hi All, I have a problem in CRM Outlook Client. After i do install Out Client and configure it to allow send and recieve emails through CRM, it is working fine. But due to some reasons the menu called "CRM" is disappearing from outlook Tool bar and it stops sending emails throgh CRM. It may happen after few days of working well. Could any body help me to find the reason for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

MSExchangeFBPublish 0x80004005 Free/Busy Question Problem
When closing Outlook 2000 and above, I get the error: Unable to update free/busy data. Periodically, it does it when Outlook is running (as tool->options->calendar says to publish). On the Exchange server, I have the following error, over and over. But we can still schedule meetings: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: (1) Event ID: 8197 Date: 1/14/2005 Time: 8:49:51 AM User: N/A Computer: MyServer Description: The description for Event ID ( 8197 ) in Source ( MSExchangeFBPublish ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary reg...

Workflow question 03-16-06
There is a field on the Administraton tab of the Account form called Prefered User. Is it possible to use that field in a Case wrokflow. I am trying to use a workflow which will determine who the this field in an IF statement but it does not seem to be available to me. ...

Oh look...the forum is not working again. NOT SURPRISES!!!!!
-- Cheers, Ryan Never stops working for me, but than I have the sense to use the UseNet groups, not a web forum. Bob "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C709FADE-2DA0-4323-AAB3-3D3124831FDE@microsoft.com... > > -- > Cheers, > Ryan ...

Histogram question
I have a column chart, with 2 series on it, one has the blocks going up (positive) and the other series has negative values, so the blocks are pointing down, they are overlapped as they share the same categories on the x axis, which are just bins associated with numeric values however, when i try to format the y axis so that the x axis cuts across the bottom of the page, it messes up the negative series, what I really want is for the x axis to be through the middle of the page so both series look right, but the x labels to be at the foot of the page - is that possible? I could do it with text...