Look up and Transfer Data

I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to move certain information from to
get all my info into one spreadsheet. Is there anyway to search mutiple
spreadsheets by a column like "Area" and tell it to retrive another
multiple colums like "Sport", "venue", "day", "date" etc then post it into a
corresponding column in another
worksheet by matching "Area"??
 also information input into seperate spread sheets should also update the
spreadsheet with merged ino?

0
Sport (2)

Ok
How do I get a sample of the worksheet to you?

"Dave O" wrote:

> Your answer is almost certainly "Yes" but in order to help we'd need an
> example of your data.  Functions such as VLOOKUP can easily summarize
> data, but the formula you'd use depends on the nature and layout of the
> data.

Pob's	Area	Ward	S&R Area	Officer/Contact
Person	Venue	Sport	Category	Coach(es)	Start Date	Finish Date	Day	Start
Time	Finish Time	Age-group	Avg Att (Cur Per)	Known Development
Activity	Observations	Work To Cease (Reason)	Work To Continue (Reason)	Action
(Obs)	Recommendations	Action (Rec)	Lead	Timescales
These are the colum headings there is a significant amount of data to sort .
I am trying to sort it by area for one sheet and by sport for another is this
any clearer?

"Dave O" wrote:

> Please describe the layout of your data: what data appears on what
> tabs, what column headers, etc.
> That way the entire newsgroup can suggest ideas.

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored
I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are not part of a continuous set of data date Na conc. Cl conc 1/3/08 13 6 1/4/08 5 1/5/08 8 1/6/08 4 3 Any ideas Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional fo...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Transfering numbers into a row
Hi is there a way to move or copy a column of numbers in cells into a row of cells? thanks Daniel Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select Paste-Special, Transpose Excel XP. -- Hans Manhave Jack "Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message news:OrlhKbEGFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > is there a way to move or copy a column of > numbers in cells into a row of cells? > > thanks > > Daniel > Excellent, thanks for your help regards Daniel "HansM" <hmanhave@jackson-lloyd.com> wrote in message new...

Transfer from Money 2007 to Quicken
Are there any recommended guidlines/procedures for converting from Money to Quicken? I currently have Money 2007 and am considering getting Quicken and converting to that. -- Semper Fi! Kevin In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >Are there any recommended guidlines/procedures for converting from Money to >Quicken? I currently have Money 2007 and am considering getting Quicken and >converting to that. I would recommend you wait to see what develops. Lots of threads on the subject--no consensus or summary that I'm aware of. "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions...

How to create data connections for tab-delimited data...
Hi, I am having difficulty with creating a tab-delimited data connection. I used the Excel Import Data Wizard with success. When I try to access the Data Connection to change my source file, for some reason I don't have access to the Properties Tab. Can you help explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your assistance. -Greg ...

GP9 - Cashbook
I have a customer on V9 who uses Cashbook. They did a bank transfer between 2 chequebooks a few months ago and all appeared ok - GL updated etc. They reconciled one chequebook ok. Now they are trying to reconcile the other chequebook and the transfer for this chequebook only shows as 0.0 instead of 200,000.00 - which means the chequebook will not reconcile. Any ideas? Thanks Jean -- JB Hi Jean What was the amount showing the checkbook that was reconciled. Are you able to see the zero amounts when you go and inquire in both checkbooks. Also, Go to Bank Posting Journals and take out t...

Export Filtered Form Data To Excel
Here's one that's been bugging me for about a week now... I have a form that allows users to filter records, simple enough. But I want to give them the option to export the filtered records to Excel. I don't want to use the docmd.outputTo due to it won't filter the records, it puts all of the records in the file. I've looked around and found some code (actually that I'm already using), but the problem is that it outputs EVERYTHING on the form. My goal is to output only the fields that are on the form. I found another bit of code (following) that does what I need...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

missing data after upgrade
I am using Windows XP. I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and my e-mails in Outlook have gone missing. I searched my hard disk for *.pst files (including hidden files) but only one showed up which seems to be the new (empty) one. How do I get back my old e-mails? What size is the pst? "KOC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e7101c49265$02fb1ca0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Windows XP. I upgraded from Office 2000 to > Office 2003 and my e-mails in Outlook have gone missing. > > I searched my hard disk for *.pst files (i...

Form data entry
Is it possible to have a command button included on a form, that when clicked the current entry being entered is aborted, without the autonumber field being tripped to the next number. eg data entry started and autonumber field shows 7 - data entry aborted - nothing saved - next new entry shows 8 even although entry 7 does not exist. Thanks Sandy It is possible if the form is not based on the table. The form can have the required fields [except autonumber]. You may use the command button to append the record. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Y...

SBS 2008 File Transfer
Greetings, I am running SBS2008 on an HP ML370 G6 server. I have a total of 6 Hard drives (2 SAS drives, and 4 SATA drives). The 2 SAS drives are raided together with Raid 0 and SBS2008 is running off that raid. The 4 SATA drives are are raided into 2 drives with Raid 0 as well (2 sata drives / drive). The server now has 3 seperate drives (C,D,E). My problem is that when copying large files from C to D drive or anywhere D to E drive or any drive combination, speeds are fast, no problem. When copying files to an external USB drive, it takes hours, 16 hours for 175GIG of...

Data Error in MS Money 2002
I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always imported data from my bank's website. I just recently tried to import my monthly data and received the following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institution." I dbl checked format and called bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from their end. Is this a Money problem and has anyone experienced same? Please help. Thanks - Brian In microsoft.public.money, Bri...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Formulas in source data
I have a chart with twelve months of data that is generated by using a fomula: Cell A1 has the following: =IF(A2>5,A2*A3,"") Cell B1 contains: =IF(B2>5,B2*B3,"") These fomulas go out for twelve cells and are the source data for my line chart. I have only the first six cells with data in them and when I set up my chart I get the first six data points plus six data points at the zero value of the Y-axis. Can I suppress the data points where the formula returns a null value? TIA. You can use the NA() function to do this. "Ken" <Ken@discussions.micro...

Why does Budget report show transfer as an expense?
Money 2003: I recently opened a new credit line to consolidate my outstanding credit card debt. I set the account up in Money, and then I transfered money out of two other debt accounts (my other credit cards) to the new account. These transfers from one debt account to another debt account show up as an expense in my monthly budget - making it look like I 'spent' a lot more this month than I actually did. How do I rectify the situation to show a simple transfer from one debt account to another without it showing up on my budget as an expense? Is it show in the expense secti...

Change cells with same data
Hello Everybody, I was just wondering if there was a way in excel (office xp), were I could change cells that all have the same data, maybe number or text(like a word). At the same time. If there was a command or function that would go through them all and change it if i changed one of them. something like that. Thanks in advanced. You could try Find+Replace (Ctrl+H). You tell the system what to find and what to replace it with, click Replace All and it's done! HTH, Steve "MtK" <kamachi923@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2565ad7.0312081006.506c6801@posting.google.co...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Loosing Data after closing Page
I've used FrontPage successfully for years but a few weeks ago I started to design a new web page. I put in my background, picture and text boxes. When I was happy with the look I closed the page. The next day I opened it to make some changes and all my text was gone. The background and photo remained but everything else was gone. I've tried everything I could think of; Detect & Repair, opening an old web page and renaming it, but the same thing happens. I ended up using Publisher to make a mock up to submit for approval. I've got 4 days to have this site ...

How do I copy a graph to new worksheet and get data from new sheet?
When I copy a worksheet with a graph or just copy a graph and paste in a new worksheet, the source data is still linked to the original worksheet. I've tried editing the sorce data to remove the sheet name to try to make it relative to the current sheet, but that gives me "Error in your formula". Is there a quick way to get the graph to link to the data in the new worksheet? Even a macro would help, if that's what it takes. Thanx in advance... If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, you should be able to copy the worksheet elsewhere, and the copied chart will point t...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

Graph Source Data
I have a cell A1 which consists of value : 'Data'!$A$1:$B$4 I want to create a graph based on that cell. Can I use indirect for this purpose ? Thanks Just highlight the range and name it mygraphrng or something then goto the graph wizard and where it asks for source data type in sheet12!mygraphrng modify to suit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "diego" <porno_abis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c401c3b2b2$91237a10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a cell A1 which consists of value : 'Data'!$A$1:$B$4 > > I want to create...