Long Text Strings Not Showing In Adjacent Cells

Under macro control, I copy a list of text strings from one worksheet to
another. The text strings are long. In the target cells, text is
showing only in the target cell. I'd like to have it flow into adjacent
cells as well since nothing is there. The format cells options don't
seem to have an effect.

How do I get the entire text strings to show without visiting each cell
in the worksheet?

Thanks.

Clear the contents of the adjacent cells (?)

Regards
BrianB

texdavek <texdavek.vyw1n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<texdavek.vyw1n@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> Under macro control, I copy a list of text strings from one worksheet to
> another. The text strings are long. In the target cells, text is
> showing only in the target cell. I'd like to have it flow into adjacent
> cells as well since nothing is there. The format cells options don't
> seem to have an effect.
>
> How do I get the entire text strings to show without visiting each cell
> in the worksheet?
>
> Thanks.

Brian.anon (77)

NO Text on any messages
I am using the new outlook 2007 beta and i have no text in any of my received messages, and i have no text in any of my folders that i have under my accounts, all of the text has suddenly vanished, i only have headers, please help Aloha rclarke6, You're probably using AVG. Go into AVG configuration and turn off verify e-mail (or something like that). You can look back through this group if you need more specific instructions, it's been posted before several times. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq....

text to columns w a line break

Formatting concatenated text
It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "u last year") would produce "Sales: up last year". But I want to underline the word "Sales" in the final text string just not any of the other words or characters. Can this be done? Thanks. Tro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this is not possible with formulas. Formulas can only return values but not change formats -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "up >...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl _com_dispatch_method(struct IDispatch *,long,unsigned short,unsigned short,void *,wchar_t const *,...)" (?_com_dispatch_method@@YAJPAUIDispatch@
Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2005, and the platform SDK. I'm trying to compile, but get this linker error. The only reference I found on the web was a post of this person describing the possible cause: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.platformsdk.sdk_install/post20679802.asp Any clues, hints.. ? Leo Well, since you didn't bother to put the error message in the body of the text, it is a bit hard to read. Please do not put content in the headers. I only see the first segment of the header in my reader. A header that contains interesting informatio...

Paste Text into Outlook Email gives icon not text
Hello, I ran into a problem with one of our offices and it is baffling me. When I open a Word document and type in text -> Select All -> then Copy. Then I open Outlook and then Paste the text in an email and it copies over an icon that has a green arrow pointing up out of what looks like a waste basket. Then there is a yellow box with an exclamation on the front of the waste basket. I have: Changed the Normal.dot template to make sure it was not corrupted. Changed the New email to not open as an HTML document. Still, the icon keeps appearing when trying to copy text. Any ideas?...

no mail showing in inbox older than today
With a fresh install of XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP2 on my desktop I have nothing showing up in my inbox later than this morning. This was a default install and I did not make any changes to the settings. My laptop with a fresh Office 2003 install shows the mail in my inbox. Where should I look for a setting to make this work? I am using the Messages view without a preview pane on both machines. In an earlier message in the forum someons suggested to another user to enable tyhe all mail view. I do not see a view with that name listed on any menu. Click View | Arrange By | Current View ...

Milo: What is microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn? Name too long
In "C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Toolbar\Custom Buttons", there is a folder called microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn that is causing me to have trouble backing up my computer. I'm being told that that path or folder name is too long. At first I thought it was the path, but trying to copy microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn DIRECTLY into the MyDocuments folder caused the same error, so now I'm pretty sure that it’s the 36 characters in that folder name that is the problem. Sure enough, when I renamed a copy...

text display as #### instead of wrapping
I have a cell with about 500 characters of text that displays as a single line of number signs. There are no 'alt-enter' line breaks. This is not a merged cell. Under format cells, Alignment I have Wrap text selected. Under the Number tab, I have Text as the Category, and the sample shows the line of number signs. If I choose 'Special' and 'Zip Code' both the Sample box and the cell wrap just fine and display the all the text. When displayed correctly, the cell is 83.71 wide and there a 6 lines of text. Thanks. Excel has a problem with strings in the 255 throug...

Convert vector<string> to CString

Long Filename Hunter
hello, is the anyone know of a program/freeware that can search the disk for files with "long" file names? it is laborious to drill down dozens of folders and hundreds/thousands of subfolders hunting down down long file names. for example I found a couple of tiles with filenames as long as a sentence, obviously using all the amount allotted for naming a file. thanks... ~db -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner...

Table row cell adjustment
I have a 3 column 30 row table in Publisher which will be divided into the equivalent of two tables horizontally, which will keep margins or other table settings the same. Is it possible in rows 1 and 16 to either eliminate the cells or reformat the rows by dragging the cells to the Left and Right margins? I would like to place a heading into these two rows which by using the present format would force carriage returns. Having 4 tables and struggling with margin alignment, there must be an easier method to what I am doing. In advance, Thanks, Frankd ...

Replace Cell Address in A Long Formula
From time to time, I need to do some change in some very long formula. For example: =TRIM(IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+2)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+1,LEN(B46)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46)+2),LEN(B46)))) I want to replace all the "B46" with "F18". Is there a easier way? Thanks. One quick and dirty way is to Edit>Replace B46 with F18. HTH Anders Silven "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:29A2448B-1055-4847-9779-EA0FDDA5C05D@microsoft.com... > From...

Problem with Connection String in MS office Chart 11.0
I am trying to add a chart on a form in MS Access. (.mdb) I am using Access 2003. Adding MS office chart to my form, I need to define the connection string. The data I want to use in the chart is stored in the same access database. What should be the value of the connection string.. If "XX" is the name of the table containing the data I need to use to plot the chart, what I should input as value for connection string property and what I should input as value for commandtext property. Thanks a lot for your help... ...

Copy Cell.Value
Hi, I have 2 workbooks: # 1 Workbook.("TBD.xls").worksheet("Sheet1") #2 is a workbook that I open with this VBA macro: fName = Application.GetOpenFilename Workbooks.Open filename:=fName I also have this VBA Macro blastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row isum = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("b1:b10000")) Cells(blastrow + 2, "B").Value = isum My Question is: How do I Copy the value of "Isum" in the Workbook.("TBD.xls").worksheet("Sheet1") in cell "F34" Thanks, I'm kind of confuse...

XPath from String
Does anyone have an example on using an XPath statement (in VB.NET) where the source XML document is NOT a file, but a 'text' value from SQL Server? Load the text file into an XMLDocument and use XPath from there? "Joe Pannone" <JoePannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5340B1B7-5737-43A7-870A-E9A850615D91@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have an example on using an XPath statement (in VB.NET) where > the > source XML document is NOT a file, but a 'text' value from SQL Server? Its NOT a text file, its a 'text' value in ...

possible to show an XML file using CHTML?
I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file also contains javascript. I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does? Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd assume it would work. I just want to make sure.... You can use CHtmlView to display it. Or you can use the IWebBrowser control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/simplebrowserformfc.asp AliR. "Kourosh" <kderakhshan@msn.com> wrote in message news:1147717929.593067.319000@v4...

Bring all text from "Text" worksheet
I have a workbook that contains a macro that when activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location and then populate the worksheet with the exact text. Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of worksheet "txtdd". Thanks for looking at my problem. What have you tried, so far? Are you looking for a formula solution or will (are) you be programming in VBA? Keep in mind that a cell can only hold about 65K characters of pure text. How much data is in the .txt file? Steve in Ohio (To...

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...

Preventing text wrapping
Hi I wasn't sure whether to post here or on the developer site, but here goes. Some of the shapes that a user can "drop" onto the page are small and the associated text tends to wrap around if the text is wider than the width of the shape. Is there any way of preventing this text wrap? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Best regards, Marek Visio lacks the dotdotdot "Don't show all the te..." feature for it's shapes. On the other hand, you can get shapes to grow so that the geometry always encompasses the text. Open the Blocks stencil, and check out...

Compare two strings and find longest common sub-string
The problem seems relatively straightward to the human eye but I imagine it's quite difficult to do in VBA without prior knowledge of what the strings contain. If I have two strings like: The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown cow The quick red fox just stood there How would I compare them and identify "quick red fox" as the longest common sub-string? I suppose I would have to start by reading one of the strings into an array and comparing its elements against the second string? Or somehow use the Filter function to send the matching items to another array? B...

Reading text file with CStdioFile.ReadString
I'm trying to read a text file using CStdioFile, and finally got it to work about right...not sure what I was missing, but eventually I got all the lines into a string and was able to set the window text of my CRichEditView with this CStdioFile file; file.Open(fname,CFile::modeRead|CFile::typeText); CString stext; CString buffer; while (file.ReadString(stext) != FALSE) { buffer += stext; buffer += "\n"; file.ReadString(stext); } file.Close(); SetWindowText(buffer); The issues I have is that the LAST line of the text file seems to get an extra space add...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

Long Long Long Nested If Function
Hello, I need some help on a very long nested if formula. Or at least thats the type that I have been trying to use to get the calculations on my spreadsheet. I have this formula which is working for me but it is only one of the 5 variables I need to include in it. 1) =IF(B5="cdy",IF(P23=20,1625,(IF(P23=40,1875,2200)))) to this formula I need to add =IF(B5="nwr",IF(P23=20,850,(IF(P23=40,935,1260)))) =IF(B5="lsp",IF(P23=20,1125,(IF(P23=40,1225,1550)))) =IF(B5="mtrl",IF(P23=20,1035,(IF(P23=40,1150,1500)))) =IF(B5="trto",IF(P...

Word VBA String functions
Hi, I'm looking for a function that can parse a string in Word VBA. Specifically I want to break a directory path into separate parts so that I can create the directories/subdirectories. I couldn't find one in Word but I know the Find function in Excel can do this. 1. Can I use an Excel function in Word VBA? (I believe I may have done this sometime in the past but can't recall how.) 2. Does anyone know of a better function/method to parse within Word, or can you suggest a different/better approach? Thanks, JillE You can use the Split function - eg Dim sP...

Formating Text in the Subject Line
I've received emails where the text is in red, italics, etc. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks! Mitche It's a View with Automatic Formatting - simple formatting rules can be created using Tools, Organize or use the Define view dialog on the View menu to create complex rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: htt...