Logic Problem

I have a problem that has taken me many attempt to solve, all fruitless.  I
have a long list of data and want to insert a reason code based on some
criteria.
In colounm Q there have been reasons imputed by others.  In colounm R2 i
would liek a astatement to say  "if the value of p2 is between -.04 and .
04and Q2 is blank, return the value 13, otherwise return what is in Q2. but
if colounm C2 is blank or has the letters "HPC" i also want to return a 13.
PLease help me on this thanks alot

forum (466)

What's the relationship between P2, Q2, and C2?  Individually, the
logic flow for the first half of your request is easy enough, and so is
the part pertaining to C2.  The question becomes: in dealing with P2
and Q2, at what point or under what circumstances should we generate a
result that considers C2?

0
CycleZen (674)
7/14/2005 1:55:23 PM
Thanks for your help but i need to rethink the criteria b/c too often it will
wrongly put in an incorrect code.  I need to rework the whole process inwhich
i go about this tast as there are no similar relationships between many of
the cells due to the nature of the entries. thanks for your help though. U
made me catch my own error before ive wasted too much time

Dave O wrote:
>What's the relationship between P2, Q2, and C2?  Individually, the
>logic flow for the first half of your request is easy enough, and so is
>the part pertaining to C2.  The question becomes: in dealing with P2
>and Q2, at what point or under what circumstances should we generate a
>result that considers C2?

forum (466)
7/14/2005 2:25:54 PM
try
=if(or(and(P2>-.04,P2<.04,Q2=""),C2="",C2="HPC"),13,Q2)

"JOn Kunces via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> I have a problem that has taken me many attempt to solve, all fruitless.  I
> have a long list of data and want to insert a reason code based on some
> criteria.
> In colounm Q there have been reasons imputed by others.  In colounm R2 i
> would liek a astatement to say  "if the value of p2 is between -.04 and .
> 04and Q2 is blank, return the value 13, otherwise return what is in Q2. but
> if colounm C2 is blank or has the letters "HPC" i also want to return a 13.
> PLease help me on this thanks alot

BJ (832)
7/14/2005 2:29:03 PM
One way:

R2:    =IF(OR(C2="",C2="HPC",AND(ABS(P2)<=0.4,Q2="")),13,Q2)

In article <514F22CF2FB00@OfficeKB.com>,
 "JOn Kunces via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote:

> I have a problem that has taken me many attempt to solve, all fruitless.  I
> have a long list of data and want to insert a reason code based on some
> criteria.
> In colounm Q there have been reasons imputed by others.  In colounm R2 i
> would liek a astatement to say  "if the value of p2 is between -.04 and .
> 04and Q2 is blank, return the value 13, otherwise return what is in Q2. but
> if colounm C2 is blank or has the letters "HPC" i also want to return a 13.
> PLease help me on this thanks alot
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

excel xp
i am using excel xp - I have some data in a worksheet which has to b transferred to different columns in a word table can you suggest an built-in option available in excel or a VBA code to solve thi problem. please do hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Betzim, If this is a one-time operation, copy/paste may work just fine. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "betzim >" <<betzim.1amesr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:betzim.1amesr@excelforum-nospam.com... > i am ...

New contact problems #2
when i try to add a new contact, it wont allow me to ...the button to do so is faded, what to do?? ...

If-Then logics
Hi, I have a work sheet with numbers in 'Column A'. In 'Column B' I wish to get the following output: If column A is < 3000 then give me '1'; If column B is >5000 then give me '3'; if column A is >3000 but <5000 then give me '2'. Kindly help. Thanks Rumneet "Rum" wrote: > I have a work sheet with numbers in 'Column A'. > In 'Column B' I wish to get the following output: > If column A is < 3000 then give me '1'; > If column B is >5000 then give me '3'; > if...

Problem inserting pictures
Version 2003 In a newsletter I am working on I tried to insert a picture on a page. The picture shows, however I cannot get the text to wrap around the picture no matter what I pick from the menu. Tight, square, none, etc. I have inserted pictures in the previous pages with no problems. All pictures are in JPEG format. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you. -- Mike All outgoing messages (both text and attachments) are scanned for viruses prior to sending you probably have to juggle the order of the picture and the type. ( picture in front of type, behind the type...that so...

System folder problem
Hi I have strange problem, I dont know when and how some of the system folder are shown as unknown objects, like the Events Root. What can I do to fix it? Than'x Shay Restore from a previous known good backup. If this dosent work I would open a support ticket so PSS can walk you through the steps for fixing this. Dgoldman "S" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:OJbqPRHBHHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have strange problem, I dont know when and how some of the system folder > are shown as unknown objects, like the Events Root. > > What can...

problem with RMS on windows 7
we upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still on XP. Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, now it fails to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the interface is not certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on the issue with intuit, but no timeline is provided. Has anyone resolved this issue? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Splitter problem
I'm just starting to experiment with the MFC, and was looking at the VIEWEX sample, and the three-way splitter. If I alter this: // add the second splitter pane - which is a nested splitter with 2 rows if (!m_wndSplitter2.CreateStatic( &m_wndSplitter, // our parent window is the first splitter 2, 1, // the new splitter is 2 rows, 1 column WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, // style, WS_BORDER is needed m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 1) // new splitter is in the first row, 2nd column of first splitter )) { TRACE0("Failed to create nested spli...

Randon OWA Access Problems
Hello, We have been using OWA for about 2 years now and we have never had a problem. Then, this weekend, certain users were unable to access their mailboxes while others were fine. For the users who couldn't get in, it would ask for there username and password 3 or 4 times and then give them the following error "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized". I have checked all settings and permissions and everything seems to be fine. AD objects for those users are configured correctly and the IIS and Exchange Servers have been restarted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Craig ...

trust problem
Two root domains of different forest trust each others, I know one exchange server can handle both domains, but can these two root domains have their own exchange server while maintaining the two way trust relationship. Hi, Sure, each domain can have its own exchange server while having trusts between the domains. Leif "Feelings" <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5152C9B8-6ABD-45A5-BC9A-F7E852AA4A42@microsoft.com... > Two root domains of different forest trust each others, I know one > exchange > server can handle both domains, but ...

IF THEN LOGIC
Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to display the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would pre-determine. Hi =IF(A1=2004,DATE(2003,12,1),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "flotowntiger" <flotowntiger@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B0DE4A33-E000-4468-AD96-309CE5D16E7D@microsoft.com... > Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I > enter the year 2004 in a specific cel...

POP3 problem #6
I configured Outlook 2003 (XP home) for the Pop3 connecton from Gmail and it worked fine for several weeks. Now I am getting this message: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!' I verified the settings against the instructions provided by Google, but it's still not functioning. How do I get this fixed? Tha...

IF THEN logic
Sample Data: A B C D E F G CID IID Concerns Interests Contact first timers Identifier TestData 1 1 Building Fellowshi NO U65286929 a 2 4 Tips for Meeting sp b 1 3 Building Opportuniti NO L35069718 a What i want to do is: if column G has an "a" then count column A if it has a 1 in it if column G has an "b" then count column A if it has a 2 in it etc. Seprate the data as first choice and second choice. =SUMPRODUCT(((G2:G200="a&quo...

Posting Messages
If I just keep typing as if I was in a word processing application in = the supplied 'Message Box', if appears to scroll me nicely to a new line = whenever required. However as you can see above, after adding my message to the newsgroup, it displays my text as a single long line!! For this particular paragraph, I have entered the Return Key myself to ensure lines of reasonable length. What's the secret to having it done automatically. Thanks, ...

problem with dialogs
Hi! I have an MDI application. When I call a dialog box from child window as a modal I can' get to main window. How to do, that only child window was blocked and main window not? Any ideas? Please help, I would be appreciate. bArT >I have an MDI application. When I call a dialog box from child window as a >modal I can' get to main window. How to do, that only child window was >blocked and main window not? I don't know how well this will work, but try making your dialog modeless and disable the child window that's effectively its parent. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http...

charting problems
I'm using a scatter plot to chart this data (instead of a line graph which I recently learned about) but it's still not plotting my dat correctly. I want to do a wind speed (x-axis) vs time (y-axis) plot. have two sets of values for wind speeds, "predicted" and "observed (ranging from 0-70 mph) and the time value ranges from 0-23 hours. think the problem might be in how I'm entering the data in the shee (of course I'm matching the predicted and observed wind speeds with th corresponding times) but I don't know which data to enter into whic column, I'...

Print Driver Problem
Hello, I have office 2003 that includes publisher. I also have an HP Office Jet Pro 8K50. I can print successfully to this printer with a test print and all other office applications like word and outlook. However, when I try to print a publisher file, I get an error message that says "Cannot load printer driver". I click OK but the documents do not print. I loaded this driver from the CD that came with the printer and did a full install at the time. The printer is only two months old so it is very new and designed to work with XP Professional which is what I have on my ...

A question of concept/logic
Hello folks, I would really appreciate your help on the programming logic of the following example: Let's say you have an invitees table with Invitees_ID and Invitees_Names Assuming that you have another table this time with Events_ID and _Name. Now I would like to be able to select invitees, some of them, and invite them to q selected event. Which logic should I use: - Make a third table with gathered Invitees_ID and Events_ID? - Make a table for each events' year so that it can last in the future? Any correction/info will be greatly appreciated :) Have a nice day P.S. sorry a...

FORMATTING
I converted my #'s to currency and I selected to show $ sign. However, the dollar sign is not displayed. The only way I can get it to be displayed is if I go to each cell and hit enter. Does anyone know why this is. I am using excel 2002. I never had this problem with any other version. Note: the column width is ample enough. I have used excel for many years and I never came across this. Excel is probably reading the numbers as text and will not change the to numbers by just altering the format- In addition you will have to d some calculation on the cells to force the chan...

Problem Resending emails
Using Windows 2K and Outlook 2K everything works fine except resending an email. Message comes up stating that 'user doesn't have proper permissions/authority to perform this operation." (Not an exact quote) Any ideas? I haven't seen this issue in the groups before. Thanks, Doug Display the from field in the new message (view | from field) and see what's in there. If you delete it, does the message go? How many e-mail accounts do you have in this profile, and what kind are they? Douglas Sanders wrote: > Using Windows 2K and Outlook 2K everything works fine exc...

OWA graphics problem
Hey, Running Exchange 2k3 on Win2k3 DC. No problems with Outlook XP access, however I cant get the OWA pages to load correctly. Get the Loading... and no Icon issue that I keep seeing here. Have anon access setup, and now have set permissions to Everyone Full Control on [exchsrvr and subfolder][exchange and exchweb Virtual directories]and[log on locally]. Also set Internet zone to Low on local browser. OWA doesn't work internally or externally. Authenticates me with no problem and IIS "Under Construction" page loads with no problems when I just type mydomain.com into browser. On...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

weird problem?
I am using Studio.NET 2003 to debug my MFC application. In one of my ..cpp file, when I step thriugh the code and try to watch the variable value in the watch window. It always give me weird info.: ...... int n = 3; m_nCount = n; .... m_nCount is defined in header file. I check the data value in watch window. n=3 is right. But m_nCount give me weird number like "131871684". Why? Change the build configuration from release to debug. -- Vipin Aravind "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1139239823.222462.227440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Copy pasting problem
Hi I have recently connected a standard 102 key PS2 keyboard for easier data input into my laptop. When copy-pasting using the keyboard shortcuts, excel copies the entire page and pastes it as a bitmap image, rather than just the selection and pasting the value or formula. I have to use the mouse to select the cell where i want it copied. I notice that after selecting using Ctrl+C, moving to another cell using the arrow keys deselects the copied cells (no ants marching round the cell:-) Any suggestions? Thanks in advance First, try ctrl-c (lower case c--not ctrl-shift-c). It soun...

Mailbox problem with AD
After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? -- Portland St. "lamlam" wrote: > After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still > can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? > -- > Portland St. The Mailbox will only show once the user has logged onto Outlook or a mail message is sent to the mailbox. If the acount shows in the Global Address List then you do not have a problem... ...

wire transfer download problems
I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. The receiving bank in Panama took $15 as a service fee and credited my account with $4885. Somehow my US bank now wants to show the amount as $4885 during downloads to my checking account. But some genie reminds Money 2004 that the original amount was $5000 which triggers a discrepancy. As a result, this transaction wants to download each and every time, whether I change, accept, or whatever. Thanks for help. In microsoft.public.money, lanecito wrote: >I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. Th...