Logic for Placing Multiple field Returns in a Cell

Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those cells
to duplicate X number of times:

Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3)  B3 being the value I want to return
multiple times:

d1=1
b1=2
b3=4

I would like my results to come out: 1244444444

Any help?
0
SCHNYDES (1)

Use the following UDF:

Function Mergit(a, b, c)
Mergit = a & b & c & c & c & c & c & c & c & c
End Function
--
Gary's Student

"SCHNYDES" wrote:

> Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those cells
> to duplicate X number of times:
>
> Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3)  B3 being the value I want to return
> multiple times:
>
> d1=1
> b1=2
> b3=4
>
> I would like my results to come out: 1244444444
>
> Any help?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
10/21/2005 9:51:03 PM
=D1&B1&B3&B3&B3&B3&B3&B3&B3&B3
There may be a more elegant solution.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SCHNYDES" <SCHNYDES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those
> cells
> to duplicate X number of times:
>
> Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3)  B3 being the value I want to return
> multiple times:
>
> d1=1
> b1=2
> b3=4
>
> I would like my results to come out: 1244444444
>
> Any help?

0
ng1 (1444)
10/21/2005 9:51:09 PM
Try this:

=D1&B1&REPT(B3,8)

--
HTH,

RD

"SCHNYDES" <SCHNYDES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those
cells
> to duplicate X number of times:
>
> Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3)  B3 being the value I want to return
> multiple times:
>
> d1=1
> b1=2
> b3=4
>
> I would like my results to come out: 1244444444
>
> Any help?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/21/2005 11:01:00 PM
Just in case you might need a *true* number returned:

=--(D1&B1&REPT(B3,8))
--
Regards,

RD

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Try this:
>
> =D1&B1&REPT(B3,8)
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "SCHNYDES" <SCHNYDES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those
> cells
> > to duplicate X number of times:
> >
> > Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3)  B3 being the value I want to return
> > multiple times:
> >
> > d1=1
> > b1=2
> > b3=4
> >
> > I would like my results to come out: 1244444444
> >
> > Any help?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)