locking data #3

I have 2 column of info.  My first column has 100 different items and my
second column has numbers 1 through 100 in sequence.  I want to concatenate
the 2 columns and not have the second column of numbers show in the
concatenated column.  I formatted the second column's numbers to be white, to
match the cells white backgroung.  When I concatenate the columns the
resulting column has the numbers in black again, I need for them to stay white
any ideas
Thank you in advance

0
Dick (55)

Excel doesn't support that kind of formatting with formulas.

If you converted to values, you could format each cell with that character by
character formatting.

--

Dave Peterson
0

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Data entry creating duplicate rows in table
I have a large form "JobTrack" that has a record source of the table "Job Information" I also have a subform "Tapered-Misc Form" on that large form that also has the record source "Job Information" The subform links as follows: Show Job Information for each record in Job Information using ID the subforms Data properties read as follows Source Object : Tapered-Misc Form Link Master Fields : ID Link Child Fields: ID Filter On Empty Master : No Enabled : Yes Locked : No When I switch from the main form to the subform and enter data, a duplicate rec...

sql server data to ms word using xml
hi i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML. And then rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML queried out of SQL Serve...

Comparing two sets of data
I need to compare sets of data in two different spreadsheets in two different columns labeled the same, Grant Number. We are trying to track if both sets have the same grant numbers or if there are duplicates. Did you adjust the ranges from column Z to whatever column held your data? (and did you remove the extra trailing close parenthesis?) Another formula that I use is this: I insert a helper column to the right of the Key data. Then I use a formula like this in Grant1 (assumes data is in column B of both sheets). =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,Grant2!$B$2:$B$9999,0)),"Match",&quo...

import data to specific columns
Hi- I'd like to import the data in my tab-separated text file into *certain* columns of my spreadsheet. Excel imports the data into adjacent columns, but is there a way to import into non-adjacent columns; e.g., import data into columns A, D, and G? Thanks. -- marlea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marlea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26209 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395159 How about importing them to a different worksheet, then copying the values where y...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Multiple Outlook data folders
For some reason, Outlook 2003 (Windows XP Pro SP2) is creating multiple data folders and pst files. I've got it setup up to use the default location, which in my case looks like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Green\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook That folder contains three files - oulook.pst, archive.past and extend.dat (?). Beneath this folder are THREE more identically named folders, each containing the same three files. There are some date differences, however. In the top (correct) folder both pst files have the same date (5/11/2005). In the folder ...

Data Definition Query
I have been given access to several SQL ODBC table containing CRM (customer relationship managment) data. I am wanting to use these tables to append key information to an existing table. I have linked the ODBC tables to the DB containing my existing data. I created an update query between a linked table and the original table and received the following error: "Operation must use an updateable query". I looked at the SQL tables and there is not a primary key for any of the SQL tables. I wrote the following data definition query for one of the tables, and tried to then run...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

URL type string field 'hack' in 3.0 possible?
Hi all, Our client had a requirement in 1.2 to have a field of type URL that would bring up a Windows Explorer window when clicked. For example, the URL field would contain the string "file:///C:\Customers". When doubled click it would display an Explorer window with the folder location to C:\Customers in a new window. When trying to duplicate this in 3.0, there is a pop up that displays, "Invalid protocol. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed in this field". I've tried searching all CRM specific javascript files in the file system to see if there is an occurrence to thi...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

How Can I show 3 different lines in one chart?
I've created 3 different line charts and am trying to combine them all into one chart with a different color for each line. Each line designates a different type of customer service. I can't figure out how to do it? Can anybody help? -- B''''''''''''''''s mom Hi, Select one of your existing charts. Right click and pick Source Data from the popup menu. On the Series tab use the Add button to add another series to the chart. Then go to the Values box and define the range for the data. Repeat for the 3rd series. ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Open to Blank Pivot Table Data (Excel 2007)
I am wanting a user to open a file to a blank pivot table that has all of the columns and rows defined, but they have to refresh the table for data to appear. In PivotTable options I have: * unchecked to save source data w/ the file * set the number of records to retain per field as none However, when someone opens the file I send them it is still showing data. However, if I try to interact w/ the data I get an error the table was saved w/o underlying data so I will have to do a refresh. Therefore, my previous two settings seem to be working right except for it retaining a sn...

duplicated contacts in CRM 3.0
Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became duplicated. Thanks Ken Wong wrote: > Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team > downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became > duplicated. > > Thanks Under some circumstances the link will be broken between crm and outlook. For instance, if they move the contact to a different folder. See the CRM install readme and check if perhaps your users are doing something that would fall into the scenarios listed t...

problem with element data type
I'm using MSXML 4.0 in my application and i have a problem when i try to retrieve an attribut value with the property IXMLDOMNode::nodeTypedValue. in my XML i have the element : <MyElem x_date="2006-03-16T12:30:30" x_int="6"/> If i attach an XDR document : <AttributeType name="x_date" required="yes" dt:type="datetime" /> <AttributeType name="x_int" required="yes" dt:type="number" /> In my application, if i call : _variant_t x = y->attributes->getNamedItem(L"x_date")->...

Column limit for Pivot Table data source
Is there a limit for the number of columns in a data source for a pivot table in Excel 2007? My data source is a table object with 80 columns. I can create a pivot table for the data, but upon trying to refresh it tell me there is too much data. If I reduce the columns by exactly 1, it works fine...limit of 79...very odd number. There doesn't seem to be. Put:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - into the F1 Search Facility. In the above topic there is a section called:- PivotTable and PivotChart report specifcations and limits Your specific question is not...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Data corruption on HDD
Hi, I recently began experiencing data corruption errors on my OS SATA HDD (I am using XP Pro sp3). I performed CHKDSK /F and it seemed to have fixed the issue. Then a few days later I couldnt boot into my OS at all. There was an error telling me that C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system was corrupt or missing. I tried a few things but in the end I just restored my OS image onto a PATA drive instead and all was well again. While I was reconfiguring my system I decided to use the SATA drive as a data drive instead. I performed a quick format on that SATA drive from within XP and c...

Adding Data into Table
Hi all, I have tables of calling rates. I have 5 tables as follows: _tblAccount - It's an account type such as pre paid or post paid _tblEmployees _tblProvider - list of all the providers. I have 7 so far. _tblProviderRates - I have different rates from 7 different providers. _tblReport - This is a detail table. I am importing EmployeeID, ProviderID, ReportDate, CountryCode, and CallingSec in this table. I want to include rates in this detail table from tblProviderRates. For example, I have customers who have used 3 different providers with 3 different rates. I want to show them in my ...

Access table, data lost
When taking a regular back-up copy I noticed that the size of my database had halved, from 47MB to 23.5MB without any apparent loss of data. I now see that one table is approximately 25% of its original size , where the list of names now only reaches "B" instead of "Z" as before? Ouch! You may have actually lost data, or you could be lucky. This can occur when an index goes bad. If so, you may be able to rescue the data by deleting the index, and re-creating it. Details in the 2nd symptom in this article: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#NumberOfRecordsVaries B...

urgent
I have a problem getting data for an entity using ms crm web service: code is below: CrmService svc = new CrmService(); svc.Url = "http://localhost/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx"; svc.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; Guid requestGUID = new Guid("105ca9f0-efc2-4bf9-a2dc-c5f01929264d"); // Set the columns to return. ColumnSet cols = new ColumnSet(); cols.Attributes = new string[] { "firstname", "lastname", "dateofbirth", "agencyname", "agencynumber" }; try {...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

Visio 2003 and Data Visualization
Hi, Included in the product description for Visio 2003 is this line, "Visio 2003 also automates data visualization by synchronizing directly with data sources to provide up-to-date diagrams" Does any know of any examples I can view where Visio is used to display real-time up-to-the-minute information in a 2D graphic? The closest product comparison I can think of is JLoox, or ILOG's JViews or Views products which allow complex "data visualization" of graphics. I want to explore Visio first before settling on one of these products Thanks in advance, I'd star...