Locking a sheet??

Is there anyway to lock a sheet so it cannot be selected at all?  I
will/can even accept hiding the sheet, but would prefer to have it just
locked so it cannot be selected.  As always, thanks in advance.

mcr1

--
mcr1
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496

Just go up to tools->protection->protect sheet.  Then protect it with
whatever password.  Then after that you can go up to
Format->Sheet->Hide  Then select your sheet.
That was for Excel 2003

Hope that helps,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30276

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

How do I put a chart into a new sheet?
The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to do that?W If you right click the chart (near the outer edge0 there is an option location. "Erica" wrote: > The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new > sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to > do that?W ...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

formula sheet contains an existing name
I have a worksheet that when I try to copy a tab I keep getting 3 error messages that says "A formula sheet you want to move/copy contains the name "", which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" If I click yes, I get 3 more of the same message with different doc names. If clicking no I get a box that says name conflict, name exists on destination sheet. Then it lists the old name: & asks for a new name. If I enter a new name, nothing happens. HELP!!! ...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Tabs on bottom of sheet are all white in Group Mode.
I have a workbook file with multiple spreadsheets. When selecting more than one at a time, the tabs all stay white so I can't tell which ones are included in the group mode and which aren't. How can I get the selected sheet tabs to display in a different color so I know which ones are or are not selected in the Group Mode. I know the sheet is at least in Group mode by the message next to the file name. Also, is there any way to re-set the bottom of the sheet. Sometimes when I hit ctrl end home to go to the bottom of the sheet, it goes well beyond the last cell with informatio...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

how can i put graphs on one sheet
I want to draw a three lines with their coordinated on one graph sheet Please explain this question in more detail. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Hass" wrote: > I want to draw a three lines with their coordinated on one graph sheet > ...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Protecting individual sheets
I'm still trying to set up a spreadsheet for the soccer team so tha individual players can input their data on _their__sheet but not hav access to the other 22 sheets. My origional thought was to have each player have a row, but now I a setting it up so that each player has her own sheet. I hope that th player will be able to just enter her password which will allow her t open her own sheet and no one elses. The master sheet will be withi the club web site www.keliix.com. Tools>Protection> and the those four choices don't seem to get the jo done. I'm very new at Exce...

Naming ranges as a copy of another sheet
Dear all, There are two sheets X and Y in my workbook. On A, there are hundreds of ranges named locally (i.e. names are like "X!students"). How to write a macro to name the respective areas in Y with the same local name? For example, if X!$A$1:$B$4 is named as "X!students", then I want Y!$A$1:$B$4 to be named as "Y!students". Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Andy Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wksMstr As Worksheet Dim wksOther As Worksheet Dim nm As Name Dim testRng As Range Dim ExclamPos As Long ...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

"Computer Locked" dialog does not show up
I have windows XP Pro (version 2002) SP3. When I lock my computer, I do not see the "Computer Locked . . . " dialog. Instead, I only see the "Unlock Computer" dialog immediately upon locking. I am concerned about not pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del before entering my password to unlock. Is there a setting that I can change (I have extensive knowledge of windows registry and system tools, but I have not been able to find an option to "Show only unlock screen". ...

locks and more locks
Hello. This is about a SQL Server 2005 back end and Access 2007 front end. There is a front end on each user's machine. This has to do with the locking (or blocking as some call it) issue. Connections from the front end remain open once the user opens the front end until the front end closes, if the user closes the front end at all and not everyone closes the front end when done. There can be approximately 100 (+/-) people using the front end during the day. Some may actually be transmitting data (transactions) and some may not. But my thought is if the connection is a...

in excel, how do i set up a spread sheet that automatically total.
i want to set up a spread monthly numbers sheet that automatically totals how do i do that? Hi well it depends a bit on how your data is arranged, but basically to add up a column of numbers you use the SUM function e.g. =SUM(A1:A31) where A1 is cell reference of the first number that you want to add and A31 is the cell reference of the last cell you want included in the calculation. The : basically means add up everything between A1 and A31 inclusive. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "jgus" <jgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88E61BDC-477C-4655-ADD...

Keyboard locked
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores Try replacing the keyboard and/or rebooting your computer. "dolores01" <u59578@uwe> wrote in message news:a6fd3466ee816@uwe... > Hello all > My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell > Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock > key > and that didn't work. Can...

Duplex printing multiple pages per sheet in Publisher
Hi. I have a printer with built-in duplex printing capability. I want to create a 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches booklet containing about 40 pages by printing 4 pages on the front side and 4 pages on the back side of 8.5 x 11 inch paper. How can I set Publisher to automatically and properly send the correct pages in the proper sequence to the printer so that I can cut the 8 x 11 inch paper in quarters and assemble the booklet with the right numbered page on the front and back of each piece of paper. Thanks for your help. By the way, I'm using Publisher 2007.... "Dvanwig" w...

Determine which mail is locking queue
Came in to work yesterday and exchange was not delivering mail... bummer. I determined the queue was all backed up. Message tracking showed (*from memory) that the messages were being submitted to the advanced queue but would continue no further. I the reboot the server, stop the smtp server when it's back up move and then move all messages in the queue folder to a new folder and start the smtp server. All is well. I stop smtp server, place some of the messages I moved back into the queue folder and start the server again. So on and so forth until messages stop being delivered aga...

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text? #2
Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text? -- Joe Miller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497351 Yes. Click file then save as. Change the file type to Web Page an click save. This will save it as HTML. Hope it helps -- goobe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...