Locked by User

I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be opened as Read Only.  It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer.  Any ideas what might be causing this to happen?
0
cincode5 (56)

Hi
one idea: Try cleaing up your temp directory. Reboot your computer and
try again

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

cincode5 wrote:
> I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be
> opened as Read Only.  It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the
> only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer.  Any ideas
> what might be causing this to happen?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Multiple User Access 05-03-10
I have a database with a Data Access Page. Currently, the DAP users can gain access at any time whether the database is open or not. However, I can only open the database during a time when no one is using the DAP. Once I'm in, then they can log in and I can be in the database simultaneously with no problem. The problem occurs if someone has the DAP already open before I open the database, then database will not open until they log off the DAP. Does anyone have a solution? ...

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Option in SOP setup to not allow users to override document #
There should be an option in SOP setup to lock down the document # field so users cannot override the document number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0f465a...

Outlook user profiles #2
Hi All! I need a way to change settings in outlook user profiles. For example, I need to change Exchange Server name to which user must connects. How to do this without going to each user and manualy change this settings? What's the scenario? If you're just moving mailboxes, the Outlook = profile will adjust itself automatically.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www...

A User Trapped in Employee Expense & Receivables Transaction Entry
A user is in Employee Expense and another in Receivables Transaction Entry there was a power failure unfortunately the UPS did not backup. On restarting the systems it says the users are busy accessing the documents and they are unable to access the systems. How can we free the users? Thanks -- pibsng Take a look at my article on Automated Solutions at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/01/microsoft-dynamics-gp-automated.html. This will help you with your problem. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusines...

How to export users list from MS-Exchange AD Users&Computers?
Hello, I want to export my exchange mailbox-enabled users list with their Given Name+Surname and e-mail address.. I get this kind of list from ActiveDirectory Users&Computers but I can not export it.. I know that there is a program somewhere that does what I want, but I can't remember it's name.. Note: I don't mean LDIFDE tools.. Thanks for your help. Capricorn As always...be careful and test things in a lab first, please. LDIFDE tools can be pretty ugly... CSVDE will work and it is possible to limit the columns that are output by CSVDE. Note: If you have a large ...

problems retrieveing currently logged-in user
how can i retrieve currently logged in user information ? i tried to used DefaultCredentials for BizUser.Credentials but it's not working i tried adding <identity impersonate="true" /> in web.config (not mscrm web.config, but external web application web.config) file, won't work either thx, henyung ...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Read Only User Mailbox
How can I setup an existing users mailbox so that that user can't send internal/external email on my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server...? They should only be able to read/delete it. Thanks, Tom... I had this issue on one project a ways back and the only process that I came up with was to force ALL mail to go through an SMTP connector and block the user at that point. I'd be interested in any other method that would insure that NO mail got sent. Not sure if this will do what you want, but you could set their quota (prohibit send) down to 0 (or something very low). -GT "Tom K&quo...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

User Who Approved Purchase Order
The customer is using Purchase Order Processing and Purchase Order Enhancements. I want to add the names of the person who entered the purchase order and the person who approved it to the printed purchase order. We are using report writer. The purchase order work table contains the "user who created" field. I am not seeing a field for the person who approved. The purchase order enhancements module has a table called poa_ctrl (poa40003). It seems to contain the information I need. Can I get this table added to the report? Jamrock, Since Purchase Order Enhacements is a separa...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

insert a user's name/id
I am aware of functions like =TODAY() which will automatically insert today's date into a cell. I was wondering if something similar existed for user ID's/name. When you create a new spreadsheet it bears the name of the user who first created it in the properties. Is there a function I can put in a cell that will show the user name/id who has opened or last mondified the file (for example)? Thanks. not that i know of but you can do it with code. here is some code we use in some of our files to keep a record of who opened a file, when and how long they were in it. to add cod...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Mail Router Issue with BCC to CRM Users
I recently ran into an issue where BCC to CRM emails from CRM users to other CRM users (or to themselves) are not able to be posted into CRM. Below is one scenario that can cause this. 1. UserA sends an email in CRM to a customer and CC's UserB 2. UserB then replies to the email and then changes the To address to the customers address and also BCC's himself. 3. The BCC copy is routed back into UserB's mailbox (btw he does this so he can file away a copy of the email in Outlook) and is then forwarded to the crm mailbox by the crm forwarding rule. 4. The CRM Exchange Mail Router ser...

Idle user time-out for GP clients
Does anyone know of a way to automatically logout users that have been idle for a certain length of time? We have a 15 user license but occasionally run short for a time. Some users login just to hold their spot and that means other get locked out. I know we can spend more $$ and get more licenses but it would be nicer if we could prevent users from holding sessions open for long periiods who are not actually doing anything. -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Take a look at the Omni Tools available from Rockton software www.rocktonsoftware.com The module within Omn...

how to allow certain user to convert a lead to account
Hi, I want to allow certain user able to convert a lead/opportunity to account, how can I do it? ...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

share Outlook 2003 between Win XP Pro user accounts?
How do I go about sharing Outlook 2003 between Windows XP Professional User Accounts? Is there a way that two Windows identities can both use the same Outlook Contacts and Messages (at separate times, depending on which Windows identity you're logged into)? Thanks! Yes, simply create a new PST file with File/New and store it in a place where all users can access them (not in my documents, but for exaple in c:\shared data) and name the file so that you can identify it (such as public foldes). Copy all your public data it in foldes you like. Switch to the other user then open the fil...

Personalize Workspace
Is there any way to set the settings in the Personalize Workspace section of CRM for all users (e.g. db modification at back end), rather than having each user change this themselves as I want to set the Current Format to English (United Kingdom) from the default of English (United States) for all users at one time. Thanks in advance. Jim Jim <unsupported change> Check out the usersettingsbase table, it has what you need (settings for date formats and currency formats). easiest thing is to set one user up properly using the UI, and then copy those values to the other users. <...

OWA User [WILDPACKET]
Why does sometiems user cannot logon to their OWA and we have reset their passwords and then it works? Any know issues? Thanks On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:28:05 -0700, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why does sometiems user cannot logon to their OWA and we have reset their >passwords and then it works? > >Any know issues? > >Thanks The obvious one is that their password has expired and you are just resetting it. ...

Re: user email account
and are you typing in the address manually? or selecting that user from the GAL? after AD has updated, type in the address manually...it should resove to the supervisor's mailbox name... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > give it a few mintues for AD to update the change...you've moved the address > already? > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:82F3B094-B706-4A61-8602-E46E9F5FE2A2@micro...

User name
Hi, I am trying to get the name of the user who applied the cash receipt to the RM document? I chekced the RM20201 but no luck. I thought the LSTUSRED field in RM20101 should get updated but no luck in this case too. Trying to get the most out of box, no customization. I appreciate any help. Thanks There is not much out of the box that can help you here. You will want to look into Audit Trails or if you need something specific to RM document application, you can write a very simple SQL trigger to track the activity. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP ...