Lock a field

Hi all,
   I'd like to know how to lock a field after pressing the next/previous
button on the record status bar. Some of the fields are only unlocked when
pressing the add button on my form. However, I found that the fields are
still unlocked with pressing the next/previous button on the record status
bar after pressing the add button on my form. Do you mind to advise which
event I should put the lock property to? Thank you for your kindness.
0
KFC (1)

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Change Field Caption
Is there a way to change the text on field labels? For instance, I want to use the Requested By field in POP for something else. Can I set GP to replace the text “Requested By” with something else across the board, and in SmartList? Thanks. Scott Not sure about SmartList but changing the text field to say Requested By is very simple. Open the POP window... go to tools - customize - modify current window (depending on your gp version) and change it. Then grant access to the modified window. "Scott Ferrar" wrote: > Is there a way to change the text on field labels? ...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

URL type string field 'hack' in 3.0 possible?
Hi all, Our client had a requirement in 1.2 to have a field of type URL that would bring up a Windows Explorer window when clicked. For example, the URL field would contain the string "file:///C:\Customers". When doubled click it would display an Explorer window with the folder location to C:\Customers in a new window. When trying to duplicate this in 3.0, there is a pop up that displays, "Invalid protocol. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed in this field". I've tried searching all CRM specific javascript files in the file system to see if there is an occurrence to thi...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

How to autopopulate a field based on other field values?
Hello all, I am looking for any pointers that you might have on how to have a field autopopulate based on values from other fields. Here is an example: In working with leads, I want to distinguish between qualified and unqualified leads. (Qualified means that they have the necessary profile we are looking for, but does not include whether they are actually interested in our specific solution. If they show interest, then we move them to an opportunity) Anyway, I want to add some additional fields to leads to show: - what the title of the lead contact is - whether the lead has a specif...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Word Form / Fields or VBA / calculate on print
I have a Word 2003 form in which USERS enter "earned income" amounts in fields and when they click outside the field, the total calculates using a formula in a different table cell. The formula will show the sum total amount of all "earned income" entered in the above table cells/input fields when the field "calculates on exit" properly. My problem is that Users are entering their final "earned income" amount, and then (WITHOUT clicking outside the cell/field), the USER hits PRINT, which does not let the field "calculate on exit"...

Changing System Required fields into Bussiness Recommended
Hi all, Is there any possibility to change a System Required field into a Bussiness Recommended one ? I would like to do it with 'customerid' from opportunity entity. Thanks, Hugo ...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Link child fields & Link master fields
Link child fields Link master fields I'm use this code to link master form and sub form Me.subclient.LinkMasterFields = "Text6" Me.subclient.LinkChildFields = "text7" The code work correctly What I want I want to remove the link I'm use this code but not work Me.subclient.LinkMasterFields = "" Me.subclient.LinkChildFields = "" What happen No record will display in the subform client Is there any way to display all records after remove the link > > What I want > > I want to remove the link I'm use this code but n...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder, in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. Try outlookcode.com or the program_forms or program_vba newsgroup. "Jeff" <wolfcg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166997847.011514.163470@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help > Desk...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

Copy a calculated field from a pivot table
I have 2 pivot tables on 2 different worksheets in a workbook based off of the same raw data from a 3rd worksheet. I created many calculated fields in one of the pivot table and I want to use the same ones in the second. Can I copy the details of those fields into the second pivot table without having to set them up all over again? They do not show in the list of calculated fields created. Thanks, Sheryl You could programmatically copy the calculated fields from one pivot table to another, for example: '==================== Sub CreateCalsFields() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As Pivo...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

copy custom task with custom fields
I have created a custom "task folder" with custom column fields. However, when I try to copy this to the public folders (Outlook 2k3, Exchange Small Biz 2k3), I lose all formatting I have set up. Is there a way to copy this folder and formatting so it is available to all users? Without creating it locally on each users machine? Thanks. What exactly did you copy, and how? What formatting are you referring = to?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Require a field in search form
I have a search form with the following code in the search button's OnClick event. It works great as long as the user selects one or more items in the multi-select list box [lstStationID]. If nothing is selected, the where string has unneccsary characters on the end of it. So, I think I could do one of two things: 1) If nothing is selected, have code that chops off more characters at the end of the where string or 2) require the user to select one or more items and have a message box appear if the user clicks the search button without selecting anything. However, I am having ...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

"Computer Locked" dialog does not show up
I have windows XP Pro (version 2002) SP3. When I lock my computer, I do not see the "Computer Locked . . . " dialog. Instead, I only see the "Unlock Computer" dialog immediately upon locking. I am concerned about not pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del before entering my password to unlock. Is there a setting that I can change (I have extensive knowledge of windows registry and system tools, but I have not been able to find an option to "Show only unlock screen". ...

locks and more locks
Hello. This is about a SQL Server 2005 back end and Access 2007 front end. There is a front end on each user's machine. This has to do with the locking (or blocking as some call it) issue. Connections from the front end remain open once the user opens the front end until the front end closes, if the user closes the front end at all and not everyone closes the front end when done. There can be approximately 100 (+/-) people using the front end during the day. Some may actually be transmitting data (transactions) and some may not. But my thought is if the connection is a...

Can the auto-complete in the "To:" field of a New Message be impor
Hello, How are you? I just migrated a .pst file from Outlook 2003 to a new computer running Outlook 2007 Standard. When I type a letter in the "To:" field of a new message, I do not get choices of email addresses to choose. I have to type the email address in completly. It will only give me choices after typing it in once. It would seem that the database for the "To:" field is not part of the .pst file. Is there a way to import the database for the "To:" field from the old Outlook 2003 program into the new Outlook 2007 program on the new computer?...