Load Excel with focus on A1

I have a spreadsheet containning multiple sheets. I would like to be
able to load the spreadsheet and to have all sheets with focus on a1.
Is there a code i could put in Myworbook or is there something else I
could do to have it automativcally load with focus on A! each time. The
reason why is that many people do view the spreadsheet and when it opens
I need to be initialize to A1.

Thanks
Fab

--
Fabiolus
Fabiolus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28340

Try this, Fab:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=338
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Fabiolus" <Fabiolus.1xgzaa_1130263516.6199@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Fabiolus.1xgzaa_1130263516.6199@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have a spreadsheet containning multiple sheets. I would like to be
> able to load the spreadsheet and to have all sheets with focus on a1.
> Is there a code i could put in Myworbook or is there something else I
> could do to have it automativcally load with focus on A! each time. The
> reason why is that many people do view the spreadsheet and when it opens
> I need to be initialize to A1.
>
> Thanks
> Fab
>

> --
> Fabiolus
> Fabiolus's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28340
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479198

0
ng1 (1444)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Is Excel 2007 released ?
Is Excel 2007 released ? If not when is microsoft planning to release Excel 2007 ? hi! why don't you visit http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/programs/excel/faq.mspx -via135 Shirish Wrote: > Is Excel 2007 released ? If not when is microsoft planning to release > Excel > 2007 ? -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=530646 In 2007 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http...

Excel 2003 with SP2 locks on startup
I've just loaded Office Professional 2003 (updating from Office XP) and have downloaded the SP2 update pack, but both Excel 2003 and Word 2003 lock up on start-up. It may have something to do with eirther the Virus scanner (Norton's Antivirus 2005 but probably unlikely) or the fact that MS Office Updates won't work as I suspect some of the earlier Windows Installer Patch files may be missing or corrupted from the XP version. I also couldn't uninstall Office XP in the normal manner from Install/Remove programs. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this. (Not...

Opeing excel Template with access
I am having a trouble opening a microsoft excel template with microsoft acess i have put a command button choosing to run excel and the template but it actually runs the template not the document created by the template, this also happens when i try to open a microsoft word template. Here is the macro: Private Sub Excel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Excel_Click Dim stAppName As String stAppName = "Excel.exe U:\Files\Coursework\Assignment_3\SYSTEM32 \Data_Files\INVOICE.XLT" Call Shell(stAppName, 1) Exit_Excel_Click: Exit Sub Err_Excel_Click: MsgBox Err.Descr...

search excel for overpopulated cells
i suspect my excel sheet is running slow due to one or more cells being overpopulated. how do i search for cells with too many characters? You can't search by cell length, but you can use conditional formatting to highlight long cells. Select the cells you suspect of being too long and in Conditional Formatting, choose "use a formula", and enter something like: =len(a1)>100 Change the format to something bright, and cells with more than 100 characters will be highlighted. If your speed is suffering due to size, then this will probably make matters worse, ...

How do I setup a movie tmeplate list in Excel
I am trying to make a list of all my dvds in Excel. I was told I could create a movie tempalte list but I do not know how to do it. I need step by step directions Hi CG, Not sure what you want to achieve? Dont you want to keep all your data in one sheet? Cheers from North Yorkshire UK John "candygirl12281" <candygirl12281@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B201ED8-52B0-40DE-990D-0B9E11BDC3A6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make a list of all my dvds in Excel. I was told I could > create a movie tempalte list but I do not know how to do it. ...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

excel 2000 widths and pixels
im trying to find the direct coralation between excels measurements and the real world. for instance if i want a column to be 2 inches wide on paper what do i set the column to in excel. if i set it to 22.14 160 pixels which is 2 inches on the screen and then print it, it comes out as 1 3/4th inches on the paper. is there a ruler for excel? if not why not there is a ruler in all the other office programes. please email me at alexjroe@hotmail.com this is frustrating. alex Column Width is set in number of numeric characters in the default font (e.g., a width of 10 will allow 10 nume...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

How do I recover excel document prior to auto-save?
I opened an Excel document and made changes, I then "saved as..." and saved it as a different file name. I then closed Excel (without saving). When I went to open the older Excel file it had all the changes that were made when I "saved as...". HELP! ...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.
Excel files that are stored in my HD doesn't open by double click. It just open Excel program but do not open the file. Pls note, I can open any excel file from File Menu, then Opne. But can't opne it by double click. Using Windows XP with Office XP / Excell 2002. Pls suggest me what to do. Thanks. Hi Siraj Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start...

Where is Excel 2007 on my computer?
I use Excel and Word 2003. My new computer -- new about six months ago -- came with MS Office 2007 pre-installed and I activated it. However, I never use the 2007 tools -- Word, Excel, etc. -- I find them too confusing and the 2003 versions work for me. A friend sent me a database in xlsx format, or something like that. When I clicked on OPEN, it opened in Excel 2007. However, I can't find an Excel 2007 icon anywhere on my computer. I tried Start->All programs and looked in every folder -- no Excel 2007 icon. Used Windows Explorer and went to c:\Program Files -- not...

excel through Outlook
I have been attaching excel spreadsheets to my e mails through Outlook. There are several people that can not seem to open the attachments. Why? Any ideas? "Larry Holden" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:03bc01c3d96e$52334eb0$a501280a@phx.gbl: > I have been attaching excel spreadsheets to my e mails > through Outlook. There are several people that can not > seem to open the attachments. Why? Any ideas? Outlook is a bit of a quirky email program. It doesn't always follow Internet standards in every respect. So if you attach a file and s...

Should I update to Excel ?
Hello This is my first message on this forum. I am not really a computer person but I do use a computer especially Works version 7 spreadsheet to do my accounts. I do not have Excel but I am consideing buying the Excel update. If I do this what happens to my existing works spreadsheet files ? Do they become unusable, or do they become automatically converted to Excel ? Or can I continue to use them as works files ? Thanks very much for any one who takes the trouble to reply Steve -- Thank you from someone who is not a computer person If you look at your saveas options you should see that y...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

Automatic, conditional chart creation from separate files [Excel 2007]
I have a number of separate files (Excel 2007). Each file contains several sheets with test results of a few students. The students (the same, all the time) are evaluated each month using the same test, and each month a new sheet is created for each of them. For example: Workbook 1: Worksheet A (John), Worksheet B (Jennifer), Worksheet C (Anna) Workbook 2 (a month later): Worksheet A (Jennifer), Worksheet B (John), Worksheet C (Anna) I`d like to create a separate file with charts depicting the mean results for each student. The chart would retrieve data automatically from every file s...

Excel/Word
how can i use excel data in word. any help copy data from excel and when you are gone past in word chose paste special and if you want link to excel chose paste as a link. Let me know if this helps as soon as you can "Green" wrote: > how can i use excel data in word. any help that was quick, thank you for your help, your response was helpful "ruby" wrote: > copy data from excel and when you are gone past in word chose paste special > and if you want link to excel chose paste as a link. Let me know if this > helps as soon as you can > > "G...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

Debug image fails to load.
Hi, I created an OS design with KITL, Kernel debugger enabled in Debug mode. But when i try to load the image to the CEPC it fails to boot. I am attaching the log here. ------ SERIAL PORT LOG starts ----------- Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Dec 9 2002 18:35:13 Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader 3.3 for CE/PC (Feb 6 2003) Boot Args @ 0x1F136 and ucLoaderFlags is 1 PCI Device Configurations (3 PCI bus(es) present)... ======================================================== Bus, Devi...

Excel 2007 and refresh pivot table methodology
Hello, I have moved from excel 2003 to 2007 and come with a question regarding the way pivot tables refresh is handled. I have several pivot tables in different sheet of the same workbook and all have the same data input range . The question is that when I ask to refresh ONE pivot table excel will refresh ALL pivot tables in all sheets having the SAME data range source. It was not the case in 2003 and I'd like to ONLY refresh one specific table , is there a possibility to do that ? Thanks, Bernard ...

Run Excel Macro From Access 2003 Conversion Problem
My 2000 access application shelled to Excel, ran a macro that prepared Oracle output for importation to Access 2000. I used the Microsoft "178116; ACC: How to Determine When a Shelled Process Ends" logic and it worked perfectly. When I upgraded to Access 2003, the Excell macros now runs twice more AFTER the shelled routine has finished. I tried substituting the "129796 How To Use a 32-Bit Application to Determine When a Shelled Process Ends" and "209876 HOW TO: Determine When a Shelled Process Ends in Access 2000". Neither corrected the problem. I inse...

exit excel
Does anyone know the vb code which will enable me to attach to a button which will exit out of excel to the desk top? Many thanks Application.Quit You may want to precede this with Application.DisplayAlerts = False Bob Umlas Excel MVP "welshwizzard" <welshwizzard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B26198B4-DB5A-46FA-AD17-2A3521BF2A90@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the vb code which will enable me to attach to a button > which > will exit out of excel to the desk top? > Many thanks ...

how do I tabulate data in excel 2003
I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I do that? On May 13, 11:36=A0am, Becky <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I= do > that? How is your data organized? You start by pretending we cannot see your worksheet and its layout. Then you provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:36:01 -0700, Becky <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do...

Opening .dat files created by Excel for Mac
I createsd an Excel workbook on a Mac and emailed it to my self. The atchment is .dat (but that may have just been added by my email program as macs don't have file extensions, Ithink). I cannot open it in Excel XP running on Windows XP. I tried renaming it .xls and various other excel extensions but it still tells me that it dosen't recognize the file. If I open it in a text editor, I can clearly see many of the custom number formats, names, lables, and some cell values I used in the file, as well as formating for a graph I encluded, the name of the worksheets and meaningles...