Lists of Numbers

I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns of numbers.  Some of these
numbers are repeated throughout the columns and rows.  I want to run a
routine that checks each number in turn, if the number has not already
been found, then it puts it on a list on a different page.  If the
number has been put on the list already, it just ignores it.
Hopefully you will understand this!!!!

Regards

SantaUK

Take a look here for a solution to a similar query from
microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2F0157A8

"SantaUK" <google@mmillar.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns of numbers.  Some of these
> numbers are repeated throughout the columns and rows.  I want to run a
> routine that checks each number in turn, if the number has not already
> been found, then it puts it on a list on a different page.  If the
> number has been put on the list already, it just ignores it.
> Hopefully you will understand this!!!!
>
> Regards
>
> SantaUK

0
stig1 (5)

folder list in Navigation pane Outlook 2003
Is there any way to change the folder levels in the folder list that displays on the navigation pane in Outlook 2003. The only thing I have found to change a subfolder into a root folder is to move it to the favorites list. By right clicking on the folder in the favorites list, you can chose to move folder up or down, but on on the folder list itsself. What do you mean by "root folder"? All folders are subfolders of the Outlook Today folder (Personal Folders or Mailbox)...if you want the folder to be a 1st level subfolder under Outlook Today, just drag it to Outlook Today a...

Restricting mailing to certain Distribution Lists
Is there a way to restrict mailing to certain distribution lists? What we have is a distribution list that contains all of our employees with our company. We want to restrict the mailing to this group internally to only a select group of individuals. How would you accomplish this? Thanks everyone, Jermaine Go to properties of DL, Click on Exchange general on the bottom select Only from and add whom you like to be received e-mails from this DL, or you could say From everyone except and respective selection to the list Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________...

Generate increment numbers automatically
I have a table for employment contracts. I have field for Autonumber. This field gives the autonumber for the number of contracts. The fields are CID (Autonumber),ENO (Employee number, lookup wizard), C_NO(Contract number). One employee can have more than one contract as a new contract will be issued to him/her at the expiry of the contract. In such case, I would like to C_NO, increment by itself and it should be automated. I know it can be done, by writing a macro. Can anyone help on this please. Sangeetha, Not sure I understand your setup, but... assuming the C_No is a L...

All Address Lists is missing Exchange 2003 manger
We have SBS 2003, i want to create custom address list. but in Exchange manager i cannot see "All Address Lists" under recipients container. could anybody help us? ...

Best Way to Extract List of User Names and Addresses
2K3 Exchange & Domain I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name, and email address from a particular OU. I've used LDIF but it didn't provide the results I wanted. Any advise on tools would be appreciated. Thanks. Fred On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:29:43 -0600, "Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote: >2K3 Exchange & Domain > >I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name, >and email address from a particular OU. I've used LDIF but it didn't >provide the results I wanted. Any advi...

Can Excel evaluate a series of numbers
I made an excel file to generate results from one number as the input a couple of other fixed numbers to reference against and a couple of algebra and quadratic equations to generate the desired answers. Can I make a list of numbers in my excel file and have excel run through the equations already set up and generate a list of results? If not, how do I make a file that will step through a list of numbers, run excel on each and save the results for each? Thank you, Chad Sellers Can you just copy your formula? For example, let's suppose that the "one number" is in cell ...

Adding a 0 to a four digit number
I have 4000+ zipcodes in a .csv file that I have imported to excel. The .csv file shows all zipcodes that start with 0 as a for digit number instead of 5. I need to add the 0 infront of the four that show up. for example 19601 fills in correctly 08054 shows as 8054 I need an if then statement that basically says if 4 digits then add a 0 infront is 5 digits remain the same. -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30167 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Marking found records in Workbook A from Target List in Workbook B
From Target List in Workbook B column A, (Activity ID), I need to yellow shade column A (Activity ID), in workbook A for any matching Activity ID's. .. Detail : Workbook B, has first to be cleaned up by deleting the first 5 rows and deleting any remaining rows that have empty cells in column A, through the last row. .. Workbook A : fields definition (Maximum 2,000 records) A B C Activity ID Activity Description Other data .. Target List in Workbook B : fields definition (Maximum 50 records) A B Activi...

number of worksheets
How many worksheets a workbook may have? In EXCEL 2007, according to MS documentation:- "Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)" Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Neia" wrote: > How many worksheets a workbook may have? Limited by your pc's memory. Neia wrote: > > How many worksheets a workbook may have? -- Dave Peterson Hi, As many as your memory can handle "Neia" wrote: > How many worksheets a workbook may have? Limited by memory -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sa...

std::list, std::vector what would be best?
Hi, I have an application that logs certain events, (not OS events but my own application events). To log the events themselves I created a structure. struct MY_EVENTS{ int m_iEvent; void*m_pBuffer; // buffer containing data relevant to the event itself. int m_iBufferLen; // the len of the buffer /* copy constructor and assignment constructors as well. */ }; I then created a std::list purely because it allowed me to insert data in front as well as at the back of the template(?). But since then, after a few changes in the design, I realized that I no ...

Multilevel pick-list
I have he requirement of creating a multi-level picklist, i.e. like status, status reason. I have the idea of creating the first pick-list, e.g. Category and have the OnChange event filter the available values in the second pick-list, SubCategory. Does anybody have any experience in that approach - or other ways to implement this. Rgds, Per ...

How Do I Add The Letter P in Front Of Each Number in a Seriers of Rows in one collum?
Hi, I have a collum with different numbers in each row. Example: 23 34 56 67 44 I'd like to add the letter P before each number all at once rather then typing P before each one manually. Example: P23 P34 P56 P67 P44 Was wondering to go about doing this? Thanks Dino -- Dno ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33947 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537242 One way: Enter in an unused column (say, column B): B1: ="P&quo...

convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to m
How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss If the latter part of the number is decimal, then 59% of 60 minutes would be the answer 1.59 minutes = 1:34 (mm:ss) http://www.ingenio.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp?sid=5228306 "agenda9533" wrote: > How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss One way: A1: 1,59 A2: =A1/1440 format A2 as "[m]:ss" In article <D7745D58-E8CE-437B-8B53-F7CE451EB5DF@microsoft.com>, "agenda9533" <agenda9533@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

Importing French Numbers
Hello all, I've got a document that contains the French format for numbers. For Example, the number 16543 shows up as 16 543, with a hard space between group of three numbers. As it stands now, Excel does not recognize 16 543 as a number and will not run any calculations or formulas. Is there any way to format these numbers en mass? I can't think of the VB code that would remove all spaces from a specified range... Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance, Mike Mike Use a helper column. In the column alongside your data use: =SUBSTITUTE(A2," "...

Distribution List Help
Hi, We are using Exchange 5.5. We have a distribution list called "jobs@xyz.com". E-mail address is available on our company website. Now, we are planning to change this address to something else. We want to send an auto-reply to all e-mails coming on "jobs@xyz.com" saying that "Please visit our website to find new e-mail address and re-send the message". One reason to do this way is, we want to stop spam e-mails coming on this address but we really want to get good e-mails. I hope I have made my case clear enogh. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kirtan...

removing store from store list from HQ
i need to remove a store from the list of stores in HQ - the stores have been closed for 2 years, and i would like to clean up the check stores feature at other store locations, have less to sort in reports, etc. i have already removed them from the store list in HQ Manager under stores, but they still show in reports and in check stores. is there a way to remove them from either or both? ...

How do I increase the plot area over a number of pages?
I would like to have a chart that extends across a number of pages horizontally and vertically. I can split up the data values to fake it horizontally, but I don't see any way to do this vertically. Is there any way to do this? TIA You can do this with a chart embedded in a worksheet. Click the chart. Drag the handles in the horizontal and vertical direction as desired. [You may want to set the zoom to 50% or even 25% before doing the dragging.] Now, select the cells behind the chart. The easiest way to do this is select the cell at the top-left corner, then SHIFT+click the ...

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

hide col letters and row numbers
In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row numbers down the side Thanks Hi, go to view, show/Hide (2nd group), uncheck headings "pcor" wrote: > In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row > numbers down the side > Thanks > Open PageLayout tab, locate Sheet Options group (one in from the right), under Headings deselect the View box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Need Help Creating a ID Number
Hi All, I am creating a drawing request tool for my company. The drawing request number will be the ID number of my record followed by a letter. The first letter will be A and each revision will follow sequentially B..C..D and etc. So if my record ID is 1000 the first drawing number will be 1000A and if there is a revsions it will be 1000B. My plan is to have a request button that the user will press to generate the Drawing number. I then will want to store these Drawing numbers in a subform. Once our cad department has completed the drawing they will save them as the drawing number. So us...

setting axis from columns without using row number for line chart
Hi, Could you please provide the steps involved in creating a line chart with column B as the y-axis, and column C, the x-axis? My attempts always lead to the row number as the x-axis. I am using the trial version of Excel. Regards, William Johnston 1. Without any cells selected, click the "Chart Wizard" button, or use the menus by going to Insert --> Chart. 2. Choose the chart type and sub-type of interest (Line Chart, in your case), click "Next." 3. Click the "Series" tab, click the "Add" button. For the "Values,", choose yo...

Duplicate Numbers
I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that number exist in another cell in that column. Maybe you could use Data|Validation. Select your column (I used column E), then Data|validation Allow: Custom Formula: =COUNTIF(E:E,E1)<2 (E1 was my activecell.) Joe Newlin wrote: > > I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that > number exist in another cell in that column. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Joe Here is some good stuff from Debra. From Debra Dalgleish If your order numbers are in column A, with a headi...

Check To..., Cc... and Bcc... against a predefined list
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts in my contact list in Outlook. 5 contacts are clients and I would like to get an alert (e.g. a message before I send / background color of the message changes, when I add one of these five contacts), before I send the e-mail. The alert would allow me to review the message once again before the message get sent out. Do you know any Add-in that would support this functionality or could I solve this with VBA? Best wishes, Simon Minder You can use Safeguard Send for this from Sperry Software; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/...

Page Numbers in PwPt saved to HTML
On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pages" to auto-number the slides in the presentation. Page numbers show up when viewing the powerpoint in presenter mode, however, when I save as for the web, all I see is <#>. We've tried a few things but haven't been able to get page numbers to show up in the html file. Any suggestions on what I can try? Thank you, Marie In article <34724D7B-6045-4E1D-A92B-DC10A4B9AC18@microsoft.com>, Marie wrote: > On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pa...