Listbox Question

I have userform4 where I have put a command button and listbox on it,  this
is connected to a sheet called Hidden.

I want to allow the user to select the text in the userbox and click on the
command button to delete that certain entry on the worksheet.

Is this possible, How to I acheive this to happen.

Thanks in advance

Greg

0
browshop (35)

XPath generation question
Hi; We have a TreeView that represents an xml file (or it's schema is a more accurate statement). We want to have a double click on a node in the tree generate the XPath to get to that node. For the full tree it's easy. We walk up the parents getting the name of each node and put a / between each so we end up with /node1/node2 or node1/node2/@attr1 Questions on this case: 1) should we start with /node1 or self::/node1? 2) if they click on the root should we use "self::" or "/"? We also have cases where we have a tree from a SelectNodes() and then want to ha...

Sent Item Question
I am administrating an exchange server 2003 and our clients are using Outlook 2003. Every Outlook is attaching to Exchange Server 2003. Additionally, each client has their own Personal Folder in their Outlook in order to receive POP3 email from another account. Now, Exchange account is set in default and therefore every sent item will be put in Sent item folder under Exchange account. In order to save HD space in server, is it possible I can place all sent email under Personal Folder, but not under Exchange Folder? Thanks! B.regards, Wilson Dear, why don't u create A Personal Fold...

Factorization Question
Is it possible to calculate the following progmatically or with a formula? (x^2+7x-30) Thanks in advance For a given value of X you can calculate the value of x� +7x -30 with =A1^2+7*A1-30 where A1 holds the value of x But this is not factorizing. Please clarify " to calculate the following" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <psl2005@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:uYN98lXhJHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to calculate the following progmatically or with a...

Checkbox enable question
I have a subform with freight components on it. I have it were if I click a checkbox it'll run the following code where it'll disenable the textbox selections until the checkbox is clicked "active" (enabled or checked again). This works fine, but when I go to a new record, if clicked "not active", the new record textbox remains disenabled. Is there away for that to effect the direct record and not all records? Thanks in advance. Ryan Private Sub FreightDivisionActive_Click() If FreightDivisionActive = False Then FreightAmount.Enabled = False ElseIf ...

Loaded Question
We are using Retail Management System (RMS), ACT 2000, Peachtree Premium, and now CRM. 1. How do we tie the CRM into the RMS product database? 2. We imported the customer data from Outlook and Act 2000. The app said it completed successfully but I can't find any of the records? ...

scrollbar listbox
i'm trying to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in listbox is it even possible to do that? tia jocke --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

spam question
hi, I heard that ex2003 has some spam filtering options, do you think whether its better to upgrade to 2003 and use its spam filtering options, or use ex2000 with a third party spam filter software. thanks in advance-Rob "Rob" <rob@nul.ca> wrote: >hi, >I heard that ex2003 has some spam filtering options, do >you think whether its better to upgrade to 2003 and use >its spam filtering options, or use ex2000 with a third >party spam filter software. >thanks in advance-Rob If you haven't a real need to upgrade to E2K3 yet I would get the 3rd party fil...

Statistics/Charting Question
Good morning. We have a bit of a dilemma. Received a large spreadsheet with data from a survey. However, the information we need to extract for analyzing was entered into one column as combined data separated by a colon. Example: Column A - Name Column B - Programs Used Johnson Word:Excel:Access Jones Access Smith SoftPro:Word:Excel Wright Excel:Access We need to be able to show how many people use each program AND a list of each of those specific people. i.e.: Access: 3 people Johnson Jones Wright Word: ...

More database questions
I couldn't find the answer in microsoft.public.vc.databases, so I thought I would ask here. I'm trying to find out how SQL Server can get a list of servers with databases, and then find all of the databases on that server. I basically have three servers, one is an AIX server with SYBASE, one has SQL Server 2000, the third is used for Access .mdb's. I want to give the user an option to view all of the instances, so that they can search for what they need, rather than finding it somewhere else and explictly specifying it in my application. I'm wondering if there is an easy wa...

next question about taskbar
Ok...another question for you: I created the tray icon and now it works as intended. However, I had to have a parent window for it. Because it was simpler to understand I used a MFC modal dialog as the parent window. However, I don't want to see the dialog. My thought was that I would use the dialog as a splash screen and then hide it, leaving the tray icon as the only visible indicator of my program. But now I'm stuck and I can't figure out how to hide the dialog. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is to have the tray icon running on it's own. I don't need the dia...

filter a listbox
Hi, i have made a form where i have 4 combolistbox (named: BOX1, BOX2, BOX3, BOX4) and a listbox (Named: LIST1, it is based on a table). i want to filter the data in the listbox by selecting some filter criteria in one of the 4 combolistboxes. i have tried to find out what to do, but i can't make anything of the solutions to work. I hope someone can help me with my problem. David, Why not base your listbox on a query. Within the query you can reference the comboboxes. In the after update of the combobox you can place a me.listbox.requery which will requery the source of the listbo...

create class question
Hello I have the following question. Created a dialog 'Sectors', and then created the class 'CDialogSectors' with base class 'CDialog'. So far so good. Then created a class 'CMDialog' with base class 'CDialog'. The class 'CMDialog' only has a couple of functions wich can be used by any Dialog. What I want now is that the base class of 'CDialogSectors' is 'CMDialog' instead of 'CDialog'. How can I do that without starting all over again, because i only know how to do that when I create the class 'cDialogSectors&...

ListBox
On my form I have a combobox with a value list. After I make my selection I would like to run a query (after_update) and have it populate a list box? Is this possible and how? The query is simple and will only select one field from my table with about 20 records. Then is it possible to select certian values in this list box (may CTRL Click the ones I want) and then have a report print out based on what I selected in the list box with other selection on my form? Thanks, Sean, In the combo's AfterUpdate event, you need to add code to set the listbox's RowSource property. ...

Audit Folder Permissions Question
Hi, I found this script at the PowerShell Code Repository: # <---------- Begin Script -------------------------------------------- > $Excel = New-Object -Com Excel.Application $Excel.visible = $True $Excel = $Excel.Workbooks.Add() $wSheet = $Excel.Worksheets.Item(1) $wSheet.Cells.item(1,1) = "Folder Path:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,2) = "Users/Groups:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,3) = "Permissions:" $wSheet.Cells.Item(1,4) = "Permissions Inherited:" $WorkBook = $wSheet.UsedRange $WorkBook.Interior.ColorIndex = 8 $WorkBook.Font.ColorIndex...

import contact question
hi, i want to import some contacts from .csv file into crm using the wirzard "import -> cotact or leade" When i match up my fields to the fields in crm, i want to match the null value in source file to a null value in the picklist. But there are no null value to be selected in the picklist. Anyone knows how to solve it? thanks in advance jani Can you modify the pick list so that it contains a null value? HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >hi, >i want to import some contacts from .csv file into crm using the >wirzard "import -> cotact or leade" &...

Question on the Tech Guarantee
Does this mean that I've "hosed" myself for the next several months by ordering the Pro upgrade? I'm not sure what you mean. If your intent was to spend the least money possible to upgrade to Office 2004 Professional, then yes, you did spend a bit of extra money. The technology guarantee coupon, available at the Microsoft site, offers discounts for upgrades to the Professional version in some locales provided you meet the criteria stated there. For example, the US/Canada coupon offers an upgrade price of $90 if you bought Office X Standard, and $120 if you bought Office X...

listbox inconsistencies
I am a relatively new VBA user and this is my first post to this forum. I am using Excel 2002 sp3 with VBA (help shows VB 6.03 version 1024) on an XP sp3 machine. I have a project with one workbook that has one form - frmRecordJob. This form has a calendar control, a combo box, 2 listboxes, some labels, and 2 text boxes. The 2 list boxes (lstCode1 and lstCode2) are in a frame. lstCode2 was created by copy/paste from lstCode1. Checking their properties shows them to be identical except for the tab indices and top properties. The value and text properties are both empty, with no...

Move data between ListBoxes
I created a UserForm with two list boxes (ListBox1 & ListBox2). Right now when I show the Form ListBox1 is the only ListBox with choices inside of it. The problem I am having is that I’d like to be to be able to double click a selection from ListBox1 and have it be moved over to ListBox2. Similarly, I would like to be able to double click a selection after I have moved it to ListBox2 and have it be move back over to ListBox1. Can you help me develop the code that will perform the procedure I am trying to add to this form? see if this helps http://www.dailydose...

RUS question #2
Hi a couple of users are stamped with the default recipient policy because the account creator did not porperly enter a value which the RUS is used to apply the correct email addresses. Is ot possible to have RUS stamp the correct email address on top of the default without dioing a rebuild? thanks Did you try using the "Update Now" option? How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "kmonk...

email account question #2
I am new to Outlook having recently switched my email from AOL to Outlook 2003. I have set up a primary and 3 secondary email addresses, but all of the incoming emails are all going to the same inbox. Don't each of the email addresses have their own mailbox? It seems odd that everyones emails should all be coming to the same box. Is this the way Outlook works, or am I doing something wrong? Have looked all over the "help" section but can find no answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, RC. that's the way Outlook works for multiple POP3 accounts. If you prefer, y...

sizeof question
Imagine I have a var: SOMESTRUCT s; I want to determine the size of this struct. Is there a difference between sizeof(SOMESTRUCT) versus sizeof(s) ? I often use sizeof(s). Is that bad? Lisa No There won't be any difference. But it would be better to use sizeof(SOMESTRUCT). This will help to understand the coding easier. Sreeram Lisa Pearlson wrote: > Imagine I have a var: > > SOMESTRUCT s; > > I want to determine the size of this struct. > Is there a difference between > > sizeof(SOMESTRUCT) versus sizeof(s) ? > > I often use sizeof(s). Is that ...

Simple question
I have Common Dialog loaded on my main form (Form1), which is always running. The second form (Form2) is opened ocassionally. Do I need to load another Common Dialog on Form2 or is it just enough to make a reference to Common Dialog on Form1? Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) of one method over another? Please share your experience, Claire "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:%23ogAtyLnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Common Dialog loaded on my main form (Form1), which is always >running. > The second form (Form2) is opened ...

formula question #32
Hi, i'm obviously a novice at this. but, can someone tell me what's wrong with this formula? =(COUNTIF(IF $X$2:$X$21581=$X2,$C$2:$C$21581, ">=2189, "0"))) I'm trying to count the number of cells in c2:c21581 that are >= 2189 as long as the condition in x2:x21581 is true. thanks. sumproduct may work =sumproduct(--($C$2:$C$21581>=2189),--($X$2:$X$21581=true)) -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "fishbio" wrote: > Hi, > i'm obviously a novice at this. but, can someone tell me what's wrong with > this formula? > =(C...

Listbox to control listbox
I have a list box with all phone numbers in it. I would like to be able to filter the listbox phone numbers by category. In other programs, I have seen two listboxes side by side and one be clickable to filter the results of the other listbox. How can I accomplish this result? Any suggestions on this would be helpful. NDClark wrote: > In other programs, I have seen two listboxes side by side and one be > clickable to filter the results of the other listbox. How can I accomplish > this result? You need: 2 tables: one containing the categories and on...

Populate a comboxbox and Listbox in a excel userform with an sql table data
Hi All, I have a excel userform which has some combo boxes and list boxes and I want to populate this boxes with the data which I have on my sql server database tables. Just to give an example. My first combo box is for region which needs to be populated from a sql table called Region_Mapping and my first list box should be linked to the same sql table but it should populate the countries on the basis of the region which user will select in the combo box. For eg : In my sql table I have following countries which are mapped against America 1) Argentina 2) Brazil 3) Mexico 4) Canada...