links #18

I am working with a client who insists the following happens to him on a
regular basis: Workbook A and Workbook B have named ranges with the same
names. When in he creates a vlookup in Workbook A which refers to a named
range, it will use the named range from Workbook B. Has anyone heard of this
happening? I believe he is using Win2K/Office 2K. He won't let me see the
files so I have not been able to see exactly what he is talking about.
--
maryj
0

I've never seen anything like this.

But maybe he's using a name in workbook A that refers to a range in workbook
B????

--

Dave Peterson
0

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Formula problem 12-18-09
I am trying to tally the life time hours of a piece of equipment taht the hour meter has quiy working on. I know the hours on it when new meter was installed. What I want is to have the total hours displayed in the same cell for referance. The problem is everyday the formula needs to change. Example day one the formula would be (A1+4000), the next day (a2+4000) and so on. Any ideas,Thanks. Jerry, does this dot give you what you want:- 1 4000 4001 2 4000 4002 The above data is in cells A 1 to C 2 inclusive. C 1 contains:- =SUM(A1:B1) C 2 contains:- =SUM(A2:B2) ...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Linking
Hi all, i have a basic doubt regarding Static Linking and Dynamic Linking. if i have a dll used in a VC application by adding the dll header and making reference to the dll in the libraries, is it can be called as static linking? if i have a vc application which uses a dll by loading it using LoadLibrary API, is this only can be called as Dynamic linking? is Load-Time Dynamic Linking i.e., using API LoadLibrary is only Dynamic linking or even Runtime Dynamic Linking ( adding the header into the project and making a reference to the dll in the libraries property ) is also a kind of Dyn...

Updating links
Hi, I have exchange rate of several currencies in a workbook that is updated on a monthly basis. From this, all the rates will be linked to several other workbooks (more than 20). The problem is when I emailed out those workbooks, all information, formulas and charts are affected as the recipents do not have the master exchange rate workbook. Is there a solution to this? If not, I will have to stick to the old way of copy and paste. Thanks ...

to link or not to link
I have a choice of having all my data on a server and an application on a client's machine that has tables that are linked to the database on the server over the LAN. Or just having the whole application on the server and the user running the application over the network. Everything is in Access (2003) and it is also a single user application. Is it obvious which is best. The way I see it there is a penalty for using linked tables, but the other way would mean that the temporary storage used by the workspace would be over the network. Any insight will be much appreciated. "...

Control Cell Link for Option Button based on value in a cell
I have two option buttons on a sheet. In cell A1, on the same sheet there is a value which can be either 1 or 2. Can you help me achieve this? ... If the value in cell A1 is 1, then the Control Cell Link for the tw option buttons should become cell B1. If the value in cell A1 is 2, then the Control Cell Link for the tw option buttons should become cell B2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you're going to need a macro. And that means you'll have to be careful about which optionbutton is in use. (There's an optionbutton on the forms toolbar and one on t...