linking to word bookmarks

I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a
word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the
word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am
wondering if i need to be using access.
0
beguins (2)

For linking to a Word bookmark:

In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe
(#) and the bookmark name. e.g.:

    mydoc.doc#mybookmark

Access vs. XL:

See:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103
3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/
html/deovrWhereShouldYouStoreData.asp

In article <2f20701c46cd0$629e5ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
 "linda" <beguins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a
> word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the
> word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am
> wondering if i need to be using access.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/18/2004 3:48:28 PM
Is that what it's really named?<g>
--
Regards,

RD

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> For linking to a Word bookmark:
>
> In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe
> (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.:
>
>     mydoc.doc#mybookmark
>

> Access vs. XL:
>
> See:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103
> 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033
>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/
> html/deovrWhereShouldYouStoreData.asp
>

> In article <2f20701c46cd0$629e5ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
>  "linda" <beguins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a
> > word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the
> > word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am
> > wondering if i need to be using access.

0
ragdyer1 (4059)
7/18/2004 4:13:14 PM
FWIW:

http://www.sigtel.com/tel_tech_octothorpe.html
--
Regards,

RD

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Is that what it's really named?<g>
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

-
-
> "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > For linking to a Word bookmark:
> >
> > In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe
> > (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.:
> >
> >     mydoc.doc#mybookmark
> >

> > Access vs. XL:
> >
> > See:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103
> > 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/
> > html/deovrWhereShouldYouStoreData.asp
> >

> > In article <2f20701c46cd0$629e5ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
> >  "linda" <beguins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a
> > > word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the
> > > word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am
> > > wondering if i need to be using access.

0
ragdyer1 (4059)
7/18/2004 4:29:07 PM
I did that. Didn't seem to work. only took me directly to
the file but not the bookmark. Is there a limit on the
number of links to bookmarks on one sheet?

Thanks
Linda

0
beguins (2)
7/18/2004 6:10:23 PM
Not that I know of (I'm sure there is one, but I'm also sure it's very
large).

The technique takes me right to the bookmark in Office 2003/2004. Are
you sure you're spelling the bookmark name correctly?

In article <2f94c01c46cf2$7e82e710$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Linda" <beguins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I did that. Didn't seem to work. only took me directly to
> the file but not the bookmark. Is there a limit on the
> number of links to bookmarks on one sheet?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange
Hi! Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails. I only have the HTML option. So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too bad... Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server? Help appreciated. Nicolas Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages" checked. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> ...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Links

Office 2004: Word
Hi there, Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers. What do you mean by running slow? Exactly what is slow? DM On 8/1/04 10:20 AM, "TKK" wrote: > Hi there, > > Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm > running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. > > Thanks for your help in advance. > > Cheers. Hi Mitchell, After I type the word on the keyboard it then starts appearing on th...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Why is the word "Desktop" in the Title of this newsgroup ?
What is the significance of the word Desktop in the title of this newsgroup ? FDLeyda "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:%23Li5rM47KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What is the significance of the word Desktop in the title of this > newsgroup ? > > FDLeyda The program was originally named Windows Live Mail Desktop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA >> What is the significance of the word Desktop in the title of this &...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

Email-Hyperlinks in Word or Excel don't launch Outlook 2003
Tidbit: I originally installed MS Office 2003 Professional on PC's without Outlook. I later installed Outlook 2003 with no problem ... Problem: When I click on any hyperlink in MS Word, Excel or Access, the Apps launch Internet Explorer (ver 6.0)and inserts the hyperlink e- mail address as a URL in the address bar, which causes over 60 errors to pop up ... How can I make the system launch Outlook when the Hyperlink is an actual E-mail address hyperlink and Internet Explorer when the hyperlink is a URL ???? .. P.S .. IE settings are correct .... Ismaelmvp3 <Ismael.velazquez@i...

problem opening document in word 2007 version
has anyone go this error before? if so how did you fix it? this same file I can open on a friends computer. I think I need to "enable" the item, but I don't how to do this. how do you disable/enable items in word? If it is under the help menu, I can't find this. I am very new to office 2007 version, even though it's really is older version of MS office. This error may appear if you attempt to open a file marked as damaged or disabled by a Microsoft Office system program. Each time an attempt is made to open the file ? even if the file was recovered or r...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

Word Standard Formatting Menu
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Up until just recently, when every I open Word or a Word file, I see my standard formatting tool bar. Now, this does not appear. I pull down the View menu, Toolbars menu, and Standard IS clicked. I unclick it, pull it back down and re click it and I can see the tool bar. I have to do this for every file now and every time I open Word. In Preferences, I can't seem to find a default toggle for this. What gives? I am using MacBook Pro. You've been hit by The Toxic Blue Jellybean! At the top far right c...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...