Linking to Master Spreadsheet

Hi Guys,

I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs that are identical, whic
contain info that i would like to be automatically updated when th
master spreadsheet is updated. i.e.  If cell C10 in the maste
spreadsheet is changed, I would like all of the other cells in C10 o
the other tabs to change as well.  I realize that it is possible to g
through and link the individual tabs to the master tab, but this seem
very tedious. ie. say in sheet 1 in cell C10 I have ='Master!C10. I
there a way to get this formula in without having to manually g
through to link each tab?

Thanks,

Be

Problem solved..

How?????

0
anonymous (74721)
4/26/2004 4:52:10 PM
You can group the worksheets, then add the link:

Select the first sheet that you want to link to the master sheet
Hold the Shift key, and click on the tab of the last sheet that you
    want to link to the master sheet
  (The sheets are now grouped -- all the sheet tabs are white, and the
    active sheet has bold letters on its tab. In the title bar, you'll
     see the file name, and the word [Group].)
Select cell C10 on the active sheet
Type an equal sign
Select the Master Sheet, and click on cell C10
Press the Enter key

You should ungroup the sheets as soon as possible, to prevent
accidentally overwriting any information on the grouped sheets --

To ungroup the sheets, click on the tab of a sheet that's not grouped,
or right-click on a sheet tab, and choose Ungroup Sheets.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/27/2004 12:06:18 AM
The question was posted under a slightly different subject:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=Big.Ben.15bt4e%40excelforum-nospam.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

how can I generate a chart for each row of data in my spreadsheet.
Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a spreadsheet after establishing a template? Patrick, Did you ever get a reply to your post? I hve the same question and cannot find an answer. Li "Patrick" wrote: > Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a > spreadsheet after establishing a template? ...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

Embed Excel Spreadsheet in Word ?
I have created a Gantt Chart with Excel. I would like to embed that spreadsheet in Word for a report. I have used "Paste Special" --> "MS Excel Object" However, there is 2 problems 1) Part of the Excel Spreadsheet is not shown in Word (Even though I have chosen A3 as paper size for the Word Document). Is there any way to include the whole spreadsheet ? 2) Is it possible to paste in such a way that the gridlines are shown ? (Like the one that I print with gridline shown) Your advice is sought. Peter It depends on the size of the data that you are pasting. If...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...

Integration Manager
I guess I have two questions. The first is: I have successfully integrated all of my inventory items into GP, but all the quantities are 0. Is there a way to bring in these items with their quantites established? The second is: Since I havent found out how to do the above mentioned. I made a seperate integration that does an inventory tranaction, and once posted, it adds the quantites to my inventory. My only problem is that when I view an item from the Item Master List, the quantites do not show up. They still say 0. However, when I double click any item to view its detail, the Quantity O...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

Linking
Hi all, i have a basic doubt regarding Static Linking and Dynamic Linking. if i have a dll used in a VC application by adding the dll header and making reference to the dll in the libraries, is it can be called as static linking? if i have a vc application which uses a dll by loading it using LoadLibrary API, is this only can be called as Dynamic linking? is Load-Time Dynamic Linking i.e., using API LoadLibrary is only Dynamic linking or even Runtime Dynamic Linking ( adding the header into the project and making a reference to the dll in the libraries property ) is also a kind of Dyn...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

to link or not to link
I have a choice of having all my data on a server and an application on a client's machine that has tables that are linked to the database on the server over the LAN. Or just having the whole application on the server and the user running the application over the network. Everything is in Access (2003) and it is also a single user application. Is it obvious which is best. The way I see it there is a penalty for using linked tables, but the other way would mean that the temporary storage used by the workspace would be over the network. Any insight will be much appreciated. "...