Linking parameter query from Access to pivot table in Excel

I am trying to link an Access query that prompts for several criteria to an
Excel pivot table.  When I refresh the pivot table, I want it to open the
database and run the query to update the data in the pivot table
automatically.  When I try to link to the data source, when I get to the end
of the "Query Wizard", it gives me the error of "Not enough parameters.
Expected 4".    But it never prompts me for the parameters.  Please help.  Is
there a setting I need to change or do I link the query differently to avoid
"Microsoft Query" tool?
0
ken1975 (1)

You can't create a pivot table from a parameter query.

In Access, create a query without parameters, then add the parameters in
MS Query. Nick Hodge has information on his site:

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datamenu/dataexamples/externaldataexamples.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel 2000 #4
I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to absolute? Do you that they are produced via formulae? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C22BA5C-5B4D-44D0-8B56-8EDEBF1CE862@microsoft.com... > I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to > absolute? No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging. "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Do you that they are produced via formulae? > > -- > HTH &...

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

outlook blocked access
getting the following message on one of our sales computers when a customer attempts to send a document signature_.pdf.url Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. 1st what is a pdf.url ? some type of adobe document but what ?? How do i keep Outlook from blocking this ?? it could be a virus/worm. (they use a double tapped extension to fool the user into thinking that it is a safe attachment type like *.pdf) has the user written back the sender to confirm that it was something they sent to them? "m macon" <maconm@earthlink.net> wrote in m...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

Excel and gridline
When I print out my excel sheet, some of my gridline are missing. How do i restore them? By default no gridlines are printed. Use File|Page Setup; open the Sheet tab and check the box got gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "libtech3" <libtech3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF3DD74D-6C00-4965-AB1F-31262DC82CB4@microsoft.com... > When I print out my excel sheet, some of my gridline are missing. How do > i > restore them? ...

Queries & Reports
QUESTION . First I will enter info into TBL Radio Receipt, from there I want the information to jump to TBL Radio Info and prompt me to complete this table. Then it will jump to either TBL New Radio Information OR TBL Repair Information. This will need to be completed. How does this happen, I mean-- How do I create the relationships to reflect this path? PS How do I attach a pic of my problem? Jeannette Cunningham already posted a response to your question back on 12/21, but perhaps you didn't see/understand it so we can try again. Your question is a little hard to understand, so...

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Linked Forms

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

Access Formula For Dates
I need to show on a weekly basis, the number of weeks left in the year. I don't want to have to enter it, I want Access to calculate it for me and show it on my report/database each time it is opened. For example , I want to say there are 34 weeks left in this year. Is there a formula I can usethat will determine the number of weeks remaining from today's date (whatever it is) to December 31? One way to look at this is that, if you can identify the "week" of the current date, you can subtract that from 52 to get an idea of how many weeks are left. .... o...

Right-Click in Excel 2002
My right mouse button is set to "select" a cell. How can I change it to bring up the menu that allows me to "delete" "insert" rows/columns? I was accustomed to this feature in my previous version of Excel. Just in Excel, or in all applications? Look at Start, Settings, Control Panel, double-click Mouse, and change settings there as appropriate (like possibly you have button configuration set to "left-handed." Change to "right-handed.") MRO "gambersh" <hivre@excite.com> wrote in message news:04d301c381fa$c4b72590$a301280...

Links not linking

how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?
Hi, I'm trying to build a database in excel, and to aide data inputting, i'm trying to figure out if you can use drop down menu's like in the form view of access. eg in access you list all the possble responses and add this to the drop down menu for selection to populate the field so you don't have to type it out again. I'm using excel because several people will need access to the file and not many use access. Is it possible to do this in excel??? You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: h...

query for Dates between today and 30 days back
Hi, I am trying to create a list from a the query that will be ran frequently, it is supposed to show employees on the list that are have dates between now and 30 days ago. I think that I am close with the where clause but no quite. Please will you help me? Thanks, Misty Ex. for today, 12/4/07, all dates between 12/4/07 and 11/5/07. Select Date, Employee From EmpRec Where Date >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Day(Date()),1) And <DateSerial(Year(Date ()),Day(Date())+1,30) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 WHERE [...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

.NET Webservice Accessing Exchange 2003
I would like to setup a .NET webservice that will access an Exchange 2003 server and perform the following tasks: 1) Given a particular email address, return all headers/subjects that matches the TO or FROM field. The purpose would be to return all emails from a particular individual in order to enhance a home grown CRM system. It would have to search a select few exchange mailboxes. 2) Given the particular email, return the body of the email. Is this possible? If so, what kind of performance am I looking at here given upwards of 20,000 total emails in 3 or 4 mailboxes? If this is possib...

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Excel 97 tabs
Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? No This was established in Excel XP "SS" <ssriding1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00e601c36c01$31cea820$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background : colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? : ...

links

Mailing system for access
Hi We have an in-house access app which runs on windows LAN. We are looking for an email newsletter mailing solution that can work with contacts data from the access app. Currently I am looking at this; http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp. The problem is this does not access data straight from an access database. Does anyone have had experience with this? Anything that works well with access? Any recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks Regards On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:11:19 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >We have an in-house...

Query Formula error. Help!
I entered this into a query. It says it is to complex or typed incorrect. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you in advance. Paperwork Expires: IIf([ClassroomID]="Kool Kidz" And (Format([Date],"mmdd")>901),DateSerial(Year([Date])- (CLng(Format([Date],"mmdd"))>901),9,1),DateAdd("yyyy",1,[Date])) Do you have a field named Date? Poor if you do, can cause problems as it is a reserved word. Is it a DateTime datatype? Format([Date],"mmdd") for a DateTime field will result in 1001 for today (10/01/2007). You have a single I...

Linked Tables Over A LAN