Linking data from worksheet to worksheet

I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page.  I then have 50
other worksheets that have individual data on them.  How do I create a
template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main
summary page.  For example: I want to publish the following example data from
each of the worksheets to the summary page:

Project #
Project Name
Contract Amount
Location

How is your data in other sheets layout look like?
--
Hope this help

Please click the Yes button below if this post have helped in your needs

Thank You

cheers, francis

"MKSG_puzzled" wrote:

> I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page.  I then have 50
> other worksheets that have individual data on them.  How do I create a
> template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main
> summary page.  For example: I want to publish the following example data from
> each of the worksheets to the summary page:
>
> Project #
> Project Name
> Contract Amount
> Location

I am creating this from Scratch so I can make the summary page and all the
worksheets look anyway I want them to - that is why I am asking the question
so that as I am creating this document, I set it up correctly at the
beginning to have all the data summarized properly.

"MKSG_puzzled" wrote:

> I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page.  I then have 50
> other worksheets that have individual data on them.  How do I create a
> template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main
> summary page.  For example: I want to publish the following example data from
> each of the worksheets to the summary page:
>
> Project #
> Project Name
> Contract Amount
> Location

I am creating this master workbook now.  They can look anyway I want them to.
 This is why I am asking the questions so that I can set it up correctly.

"Francis" wrote:

> How is your data in other sheets layout look like?
> --
> Hope this help
>
> Please click the Yes button below if this post have helped in your needs
>
> Thank You
>
> cheers, francis
>

> "MKSG_puzzled" wrote:
>
> > I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page.  I then have 50
> > other worksheets that have individual data on them.  How do I create a
> > template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main
> > summary page.  For example: I want to publish the following example data from
> > each of the worksheets to the summary page:
> >
> > Project #
> > Project Name
> > Contract Amount
> > Location

I don't know the details of your data, but I bet it would be much simpler if all
the raw data was on a single sheet.

Add an indicator field (essentially an indicator that would have told you what
sheet that data would be on) to each row.  And one logical record per row--don't
split your logical data over multiple rows.

Then you'll be able to make charts, use autofilter, sort the data, and even
create pivottables.

Spreading the raw data over 50 different sheets sounds very bad to me.

If the data won't fit on a single sheet, then maybe excel isn't the application
you should be using--maybe a real database program would be a better suit
(Access????).

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I don't know the details of your data, but I bet it would be much simpler if all
> the raw data was on a single sheet.
>
> Add an indicator field (essentially an indicator that would have told you what
> sheet that data would be on) to each row.  And one logical record per row--don't
> split your logical data over multiple rows.
>
> Then you'll be able to make charts, use autofilter, sort the data, and even
> create pivottables.
>
> Spreading the raw data over 50 different sheets sounds very bad to me.
>
> If the data won't fit on a single sheet, then maybe excel isn't the application
> you should be using--maybe a real database program would be a better suit
> (Access????).
>
> MKSG_puzzled wrote:
> >
> > I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page.  I then have 50
> > other worksheets that have individual data on them.  How do I create a
> > template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main
> > summary page.  For example: I want to publish the following example data from
> > each of the worksheets to the summary page:
> >
> > Project #
> > Project Name
> > Contract Amount
> > Location
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

The summary sheet could be as simple or as complex as you want--it shouldn't
have any impact on what the detail sheet(s) would hold.

But sure, you can do it.  But I think it adds a lot of complexity to the
workbook.

I still think that putting the data in one sheet--even if you have to recreate
the giant data worksheet each time you get input from the managers would be a
first step.  Well, that's the way I'd approach it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework
Hi All, We have Microsoft CRM 1.2 installed. Its up and running without any problems. We installed Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework but I guess it is for CRM version 1.0 (The CD came with Microsoft CRM 1.0 the first time when we bought it). My question is can I update the Migration Framework so that it will work with CRM 1.2 or is there all together new Migration Framework available for download which works with CRM 1.2. Thanks, Prasad This is the error I am getting when I try to initialize CDF database. Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework Version 1.0 - InitializeCDF Too...

Change link between form and subform

Linked Forms

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

copying a sorted worksheet to another woksheet.
I am trying to to do data entry for an accounting journal, and I want t have the seperate sheets copy their respective information as the dat is entered. For example, if I enter a Cash transaction on the entr page, I want the cash worksheet page to copy that information as well. I can do it with an if statment already, but that leaves blank spaces i the cash sheet if you have blanks in the entry page -- e_shoopma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- e_shoopman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=457 View this thread: http://www.office...

linking #4

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

links

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Only One New Worksheet
XL and MS Office Professional 2003 I have changed the number of "sheets in new worksheet" (Tools/Options/General) to 6, however I keep getting only one sheet when I open a new workbook. No matter how many sheets I try in the option, I still only get one. I have also tried running "Detect and Repair". Any Ideas? Don Hi, Just the thought: Try to locate default template in XLStart directory (Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart). Open it and see what Options...General are set to. HTH Paul > XL and MS Office Professional 2003 > > I have changed the nu...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

Data Validation
I am having problems with 7 Nested IF functions in data validation. What is the best way around formulas using more than 7 IF functions? How do you write an IF function in VBA where there are more than seven statements? Thanks Can you provide a more detailed explanation of what you're trying to do? There are many ways to get around a bunch of nested if statements. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "CC" <coralie@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:9C695B13-7E9C-46E1-915B-F6E880D9AB0E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with 7 Nested IF functions in data validation. &...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links