linking data #2

I need to fill a table on one sheet with data from another sheet. The data is
the sum of totals from a range of sub-tables. What I require is a function
that will sequentially fill a colum on one sheet by gathering every 15th
value from the data column on another sheet.  Thanks
0
MickL (1)

This will pick up A1, A16, A31, A46, ...

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROW()-1)*15+1)
Dragged down.

But this would seem pretty dangerous to me.  If you insert/delete rows, won't
everything go south pretty fast?

Since you're working with subtotals, maybe using data|pivottable would be
better.

If you want to read more about the pivottable stuff, you may want to look at
some links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/xlconPT101.aspx

--

Dave Peterson
0

Change link between form and subform

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework
Hi All, We have Microsoft CRM 1.2 installed. Its up and running without any problems. We installed Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework but I guess it is for CRM version 1.0 (The CD came with Microsoft CRM 1.0 the first time when we bought it). My question is can I update the Migration Framework so that it will work with CRM 1.2 or is there all together new Migration Framework available for download which works with CRM 1.2. Thanks, Prasad This is the error I am getting when I try to initialize CDF database. Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework Version 1.0 - InitializeCDF Too...

Linked Forms

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

linking #4

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

links

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

solution for database larger than 2 G
I know that MS Access has size limitation for 2 G. I would like to know are there any solution for size bigger than 2 G. Split the database in 2? Does it mean that i export the old data to a database and change the query to union 2 tables from different database? Change to SQL server? Does SQL server have any limitation for the size? Archived databse? Does it mean that I can have myDatabase2008, MyDatabase2007? It will have issue that generate report for a date range between 2007 and 2008? any other solutions or product to do this? Your information is great appreciated, SQL Serve...

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

Links

library not registered #2
I am using Windows 2000 & Office 2002. When clicking on Outlook today I get the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Library not registerd Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to contine running scripts on this page? Yes No I have tried the following to fix the problem: repair outlook, uninstall/reinstall office; disable script debugging; renaming the .olb files & runnining a repair none of which seem to work can someone please offer some alt suggestions? Thanks, Roni ...

2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem
Hi, I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types. 1 has a wide scale, say 1 - 100,000. The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 - 20. After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale) and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those last 3 are small scale data types. So, the result is 2 data series displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like 3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has fo...

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

Office XP Post-Service Pack 2 hotfix
How do I get a copy of this hotfix? It isn't listed under downloads, etc., on the Microsoft website. Hi Wind Dance (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I get a copy of this hotfix? It isn't listed under || downloads, etc., on the Microsoft website. Post hot-fix for what? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Per Microsoft article Q301459, this fix supposedly stops 'insert picture...