Linking checkboxes to multiple worksheets

How do you link a checkbox from one worksheet to multiple worksheets
within the same workbook?

The checkboxes were made from the control toolbar.

I am new to visual basic and was able to connect multiple checkboxes
within the same work sheet using  a simple value command but now I
need to link it to other sheets.

Please help!

TIA

Why not just link the checkbox to a cell on a single worksheet and then use a
formula on the other sheets that refers to that linked cell?

If you go into design mode (an icon also on the Control Toolbox toolbar), you
can rightclick on the checkbox and select properties.

Look for a linked cell and give it the cell's address that you want to use.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Example code in sheet 1:

Private Sub CheckBox1_Change()
If CheckBox1.Value Then
Sheet2.CheckBox1.Value = True
Sheet3.CheckBox1.Value = True
Else
Sheet2.CheckBox1.Value = False
Sheet3.CheckBox1.Value = False
End If
End Sub

Good Luck : -

Hi,

Worksheet  CheckBox     Property(Linked Cell)
---------  ---------    ---------------------
Sheet1     CheckBox1    Sheet1!A1
Sheet2     CheckBox1    Sheet1!A1
Sheet3     CheckBox1    Sheet1!A1

--
Reagrds,
Soo Cheon Jheong

0
exceler (34)
8/19/2004 12:01:41 AM
Thanks rc!  This is what I am going to try first.  I have a master
form that must fill in identical forms behind it so I dont think that
the link to cell option would work here.  It looks like your solution
is what I need.  I'll let you know.
Ok... It worked great.  If you don't mind me asking, how do you link
textboxes in the same way.  I have comment boxes that need to transfer
to other pages in my workbook?
Thanks for the help.

Creating stacked bar for multiple groups and multiple years
Hello. I'm trying to create a stacked bar graph for multiple groups. I've looked at other posts but still can't figure this out. Given the following: FY 07 Group A ATB increase = 2.5% Step increase = 0.75% Longevity increase = 0.5% Group B ATB increase = 3.5% Step increase = 0.5% Longevity increase = 1.5% Group C ATB increase = 1.5% Step increase = 1.75% Longevity increase = 0.25% FY 08 Group A ATB increase = 6.5% Step increase = 0.75% Longe...

Change link between form and subform

copying a sorted worksheet to another woksheet.
I am trying to to do data entry for an accounting journal, and I want t have the seperate sheets copy their respective information as the dat is entered. For example, if I enter a Cash transaction on the entr page, I want the cash worksheet page to copy that information as well. I can do it with an if statment already, but that leaves blank spaces i the cash sheet if you have blanks in the entry page -- e_shoopma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- e_shoopman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=457 View this thread: http://www.office...

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000
Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a page? It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the items I need and change the colour en bloc. Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?) What items are you trying to chage? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B67BD6A-B0E8-45A9...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

working with multiple e-mails
We are working as two companies in our office. So every user in office has 2 e-mail account with the same username but with different domains. What we need to do is let them work with both e-mails together in outlook. But what important is I should prevent mistakes like sending mails from wrong account and receipts shouldn't see anything with the other company.. Can anyone offer any architecture for it or any recource on the web..? (sorry for the bad english) ...

Only One New Worksheet
XL and MS Office Professional 2003 I have changed the number of "sheets in new worksheet" (Tools/Options/General) to 6, however I keep getting only one sheet when I open a new workbook. No matter how many sheets I try in the option, I still only get one. I have also tried running "Detect and Repair". Any Ideas? Don Hi, Just the thought: Try to locate default template in XLStart directory (Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart). Open it and see what Options...General are set to. HTH Paul > XL and MS Office Professional 2003 > > I have changed the nu...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

summing across worksheets conditionally and being able to copy for
I have about 50+ worksheets in a file that I need to sum. However, I only want to sum some of the sheets if it meets a certain criteria. This criteria is located in a separate worksheet in the file that lists each worksheet name in one column and in the next column it list the type of worksheet. If a worksheet is of a certain type I need the sum of those types. In addition. there are more than one cell that I am summing. The solution that someone provided me below worked great. So I tried copying the cell to grab the other data that I needed but the cell B2 which in his ...

Multiple user on 1 program
Hi, I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts. I am able to log into my personal account with the software, but when I try to use another passport, the username and password are not accepted. It does that for all accounts except for the initial setup accounts. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, PigMan wrote: >Hi, >I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people >using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts. I am able to log into my >personal account with the softw...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Chart template and links

Unchecking checkbox
I have a DB called "writeinvoices" I have a table "invoivetrading" with a checkbox called "monthinvoice" I would like to create a command button which is automatically unchecking this checkbox. How can I do that? Thanks Klaus I guess you have some reason for not just unchecking the box. In the command button's Click event: Me.monthinvoice = False "Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F3E3879-3D7D-4E19-95E9-822919A9D5B5@microsoft.com... >I have a DB called "writeinvoices" > I have a table...

Excel 2007
I am trying to do a mail merge, and the information I need is contained in two separate excel workbooks. The first workbook contains the names and addresses of individuals who receive a specific item number. The second workbok lists the various item numbers along with the price for each item. Is there a function in Excel that I can use to add the pricing information contained in the second workbooks to the first workbook, so that I can successfully compplete my mail merge using one data source document? You can use VLOOKUP. Assuming Col C in sheet 1 contains item# and ...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...