Linking cells: open source to update values

Hi there,

I created a source file (.csv) that contains two columns and several
rows. This source file is filled (updated) by a SQL process that runs
everyday.

The source file is input for a report in Excel. I would like to
automatically update the Excel report when it is opened. However,
although it looks like I linked the correct file, worksheet and range,
I can only update the Excel report after I manually open the source
file. But that's not what I want, I don't want to see the source file.

Anyone?

--
zimon72
zimon72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30592

I believe that if the file is a text file it has to be opened in Excel for
the update to occur, as the text file does not have and cell address