linking a worksheet to one in another book

Done this before - but cannot remember how.

Excel 2003

Workbook with 7 sheets, for wages, 1 sheet is a "master" and consists of the
totals of the other 6 sheets.
The master (plus other sheets from different workbooks needs to be sent to
payroll bureau.)
I cannot for the life of me remember how to make a sheet in a different book
update with changes from this master sheet.
I have followed the help files which suggest "paste special" but paste
special is greyed out.
Would be eternally grateful.
(and a Happy new Year to anyone who helps - and even those who do not)
Alec

0
alec1 (1)

Alec Holliday Wrote:
> Done this before - but cannot remember how.
>
> Excel 2003
>
> Workbook with 7 sheets, for wages, 1 sheet is a "master" and consist
> of the
> totals of the other 6 sheets.
> The master (plus other sheets from different workbooks needs to be sen
> payroll bureau.)
> I cannot for the life of me remember how to make a sheet in a differen
> book
> update with changes from this master sheet.
> I have followed the help files which suggest "paste special" but paste
> special is greyed out.
> Would be eternally grateful.
> (and a Happy new Year to anyone who helps - and even those who do not)
> Alec

Paste special might be greyed out because you have 2 instances of Exce
open. Open one worksheet and then open the other from within Excel.  Le
me know if this doesn't help

--
PowerWheel
PowerWheels's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3004

Change link between form and subform

Allowing one email
I have setup a PC to do a certain job in my company. I am using Outlook Express 6 and would only like one particular email address to be received. I have the same account setup on another PC but for this one, I only want my coworkers to see an email from particular email address. Is there anyway that this can be done? ...

linking #4

copying a sorted worksheet to another woksheet.
I am trying to to do data entry for an accounting journal, and I want t have the seperate sheets copy their respective information as the dat is entered. For example, if I enter a Cash transaction on the entr page, I want the cash worksheet page to copy that information as well. I can do it with an if statment already, but that leaves blank spaces i the cash sheet if you have blanks in the entry page -- e_shoopma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- e_shoopman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=457 View this thread: http://www.office...

Linked Forms

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

Creating Email Address Book/contacts under public folder
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address Book/contacts that would show up under the public folders in outlook. Is that done from the server or from Outlook and how would it be done? Thanks. Mitch It is done using Outlook client. When you create a public folder you can choose the items that folder will contain. Contacts is one choice. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "mitch" wrote: > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I wanted to create a Address > ...

links

Only One New Worksheet
XL and MS Office Professional 2003 I have changed the number of "sheets in new worksheet" (Tools/Options/General) to 6, however I keep getting only one sheet when I open a new workbook. No matter how many sheets I try in the option, I still only get one. I have also tried running "Detect and Repair". Any Ideas? Don Hi, Just the thought: Try to locate default template in XLStart directory (Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart). Open it and see what Options...General are set to. HTH Paul > XL and MS Office Professional 2003 > > I have changed the nu...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Address Book Question #2
How I can I change it so the address book in Outlook 2002 shows if the address is the email address or the fax number or a second email address? Right now it just shows the person's name in the address book when you choose contacts and you have to scroll over to see the display name. Thanks. The only to tell is the way you are already using i.e. by scrolling, no help to you but this has been greatly enhanced in Outlook 2003. "Mellisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d22201c42324$6758bc80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How I can I change it so ...

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Excel 2007
I am trying to do a mail merge, and the information I need is contained in two separate excel workbooks. The first workbook contains the names and addresses of individuals who receive a specific item number. The second workbok lists the various item numbers along with the price for each item. Is there a function in Excel that I can use to add the pricing information contained in the second workbooks to the first workbook, so that I can successfully compplete my mail merge using one data source document? You can use VLOOKUP. Assuming Col C in sheet 1 contains item# and ...

blue book listing
Hello Mary, Empire Offset Printing Inc. 160 Cabot St. West Babylon N.Y 11704 Est. 1987 Anthony Costantino Pres. Full Color /up to 42'' 631 293-5390/ FAX 293-1639 ...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Address book without addresses!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C6C4A4.9A057F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have imported the addresses i had on my hotmail account to my OE6 on a = WinXP Pro SP2 machine. What happens is that the entire address book, = which I have in hotmails with name and everything, appears without any = information about the contacts. The only thing I can see is the first = part of the email address, the one before the "@". Can anyone tell me what is it that I can't get all...

List of worksheets
Is it possible to obtain a list of the worksheets in a workbook and, say, store it in a separate sheet or export it to Word? Thanks in advance. Thanks. Do you happen to know if this can be done by, say, macro as I didn't really want to buy a whole utility for such a straightforward task! "Stelios Tserkezis" <tserkezis_st@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O81A5xuSDHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > you can use power utility pak v5 from http://j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup5/ > its the best tool. > � "C Tate" <colin@nobodyhere.mrcrtate.fsnet.co.uk> ������ ...