Linking a defined range to a picture in PowerPoint

Hi,

I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping SOMEBODY has
the answer....

I need to create a power point presentation that links to
an excel workbook.  The reason I need to link it is
because the numbers will change monthly, and the
presentation is distributed monthly.

So, I need to create a presentation that will:

1) have excel worksheets in it that link to defined ranges
in a workbook.
2) HOPEFULLY have the Pow.Pt. worksheet appear as a bitmap
(if not thats ok)
3) allow the Pow.Pt. SS (or the picture) to link to the SS
so that the image will change every month.

I know it's a long shot, but any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thanks
Kate
0
anonymous (74722)

I'd start with MVP Jon Peltier's website::

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

Change link between form and subform

How can I get only visible cells using range.get_Value?
Hi All! I’ve a code on C# that reads the data from Excel’s spreadsheet. I use Excel.Worksheet.get_Range method to get a Excel.Range object like this: Excel.Range range = Worksheet.get_Range("A1", Missing.Value); After I got the range I read the data into a multi-dimensional array as following: Object[,] saRet; saRet = (System.Object[,])range.get_Value(Missing.Value); Everything works fine until I want to get only visible cells from the spreadsheet. So I use the code: range = range.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible, Missing.Value); When I try to invoke the range...

Lookup Ranges and return value
I have some data that looks like this... 1001399 John Doe 1001200 Bugs Bunny etc..... I have a range of data to return the department they work in... 10011000 10012999 EAG 10015000 10015999 GMS 10013024 10013036 PILM 10013000 10013015 PILM 10013048 10013060 PILM 10013300 10013599 PILM 10013100 10013100 PILM 10013122 10013122 PILM 10013600 10013621 PILM 10014612 10014612 Other 10014700 10014725 Other 10014000 10014199 PILM Normally I would use a sumproducts to return the deparment but they have 1000's of entry I would have to test. So I am trying to do some kind of lookup...

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

AutoFilter method of Range class failed
Hello, I'm trying to automate some formatting of an Excel 2007 workbook using VB.NET in Visual Studio for Applications to run as a Script Task in SqlServer Integration Services. I have a fairly simple range, and I'm able to do everything I want with it, except for Autofilter. I've tried various methods for specifying the range (explicit, A1, UsedRange, Columns, etc.) No matter what I do, I keep getting an exception with the message of "AutoFilter method of Range Class failed". I've declared variables for the application, workbook, worksheet, and r...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

open at define work sheet
Iwant a shared workbook to always open at a define work sheet (Front page). I have entered the following in vb under workbook but it does not work. I entered the following Private Sub Workbook_Open(sheets "front page".select) End Sub please help Kitty Put the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Me.Worksheets("Front Page").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "kit" <kit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD800CE...

Finding Next Empty Cell in a Range
My worksheet is set-up for 12 month price tracking. The entry range is 12 rows (months) by 31 columns (days). How can I write a macro that will locate the cursor to the next empty cell in the range? What I am looking for is an efficient "find" command. I would prefer to execute by ctl-(letter) if possible. Thanks for helping. Need more information - what last/empty cell are you looking for? Next empty one in a row or column? Do we need to consider what the current month or day is? While we're figuring that out, here's code with 3 separate 'sea...

Tightening up range in a Line Chart
This appears pretty basic, but I can not find a solution. I am comparing two sets of similar data which are between 800 and 1600. The Line Chart I have created allows for data on the vetical axis from 0 to 1800. The differences in the data would be more efficiently demonstrated if the range of the vertical axis were tightened to match the range of the data. Is there a way of doing this? I am working in Excel 2007. Thanks, Dano Format Axis/ Scale and choose your preferred min & max values instead of the automatically chosen ones. -- David Biddulph "Dano" <db_murray@y...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

See if cell value appears within a value range given by another cell.
In one column (b), have the figure of 470 In another column (a), a cell contains values containing a number, a dash and another number: "425 - 490" I need to check to determine if the number 470 is found within a range defined by a cells contents. In this case, yes, it's equal to or between them. (The dash may or may not have spaces around it. ..could be 425-490, or 425 - 490.) The column (b) item can be the 425, or the 490 and any number in between. Need to do a vlookup to find if the 470 is present in any of the assorted ranges contained in column (a). Thank...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...